Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

PJaye

I have a crazy story about Joico mrb. The very first time I tried it I purchased it from TJ Maxx($8 for the 16.9 oz jar), once I was done with that jar I went back to TJ Maxx to repurchase and they were out so I bought it from Ulta(mind you they only sell the 8.5 oz tube for 18.99) and hated it so much I threw it away. Now I thought to myself, surely a whole jar of conditioner that made my hair feel that good wasn't a fluke, so another time I was in TJ Maxx, saw it restocked and grabbed a jar. Sure enough it made my hair feel as good as the first jar. To this day I only purchase it from TJ Maxx:lachen:, sometimes I wonder if it's the real thing .

I think the product may be fresher than those found in Ulta because I purchased a Joico Kpak Reconstructor from them that had a separated, liquid-y and goopy consistency like curdled milk, and it did absolutely nothing for my hair (it was like applying air). When Ulta sent me a new one, the replacement had the same consistency. Since then, I've placed Ulta in the "can't trust the authenticity" category alongside Amazon.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Does anyone wash, condition, then deep condition or wash and jump straight into deep conditioning? The way my...everything is set up, I wash x2 (x21 shampoo and either CON Argon Shampoo or ORS Aloe Shampoo), then I D.C. for 15 minutes under my hooded dryer. I'll rinse and spray the Aphogee Green Tea, blow dry, and style.

PJaye

Does anyone wash, condition, then deep condition or wash and jump straight into deep conditioning? The way my...everything is set up, I wash x2 (x21 shampoo and either CON Argon Shampoo or ORS Aloe Shampoo), then I D.C. for 15 minutes under my hooded dryer. I'll rinse and spray the Aphogee Green Tea, blow dry, and style.

I cleanse and go straight to DCing. I don't have a need for rinse-off conditioners before or after DCing.

Evolving78

I use a rinse out after dc’ing with a mask. I use a detangling leave-in Spray with the green tea spray.

LuvlyRain3

I’ve been seeing a lot of youtubers do this lately and I just can’t see the point in needing to to use a rinse out before DCing, unless your DC isn’t that great and you’re just trying to use it up.

The most I’ll do between wash and DC is a protein treatment on an as needed basis.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I think the product may be fresher than those found in Ulta because I purchased a Joico Kpak Reconstructor from them that had a separated, liquid-y and goopy consistency like curdled milk, and it did absolutely nothing for my hair (it was like applying air). When Ulta sent me a new one, the replacement had the same consistency. Since then, I've placed Ulta in the "can't trust the authenticity" category alongside Amazon.
:yep: they sell old products. They are dusty and musty :lol: better off buying directly from the company(Redken, joico, etc) website.

Evolving78

I’ve been seeing a lot of youtubers do this lately and I just can’t see the point in needing to to use a rinse out before DCing, unless your DC isn’t that great and you’re just trying to use it up.

The most I’ll do between wash and DC is a protein treatment on an as needed basis.
Th dc, or mask might not have slip to it and some people do a lot of combing and manipulating when just applying the dc. The rinse out may act as a buffer.

Evolving78

I’m about to get some PM tea tree and lavender mint shampoo. My scalp is not right in the front and I need to wash my hair. After I wash and condition my hair, I won’t be putting anything on my scalp for the next several days.
I just washed my hair yesterday, but I don’t want to take any chances.

Ok I didn’t get the PM shampoo. I decided to make my own with a shampoo I have. I added tea tree, lavender, and peppermint to it. I hopped in the shower, worked it into my scalp, and now I’m deep conditioning. I scalp doesn’t feel on fire anymore, and I hope this helps the bump I felt. If it’s still there by Thursday, i’ll make an appointment.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:cry4:YouTube makes me sick now. Remember when it was homegrown? Now it's so fake and phony. And every woman's face is caked up under spotlights. It's just so EXTRA that's all I'm saying. It was so authentic before :blush2:. I want 2008 YouTube back.

You can't even watch Martin episodes anymore. No more binge watching Living Single. :cry:

"In a 90s kinda world I'm glad I got my girls" :crybaby:

Last edited:

beingofserenity

Dang. Maybe this is why I wasn't impressed with Joico. I got it from Ulta.