Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I really wanna tell my friend how she can make her wig look more realistic, but there’s no tactful, inoffensive way to start that conversation. :look:

"Nice wig, lady!!! Ooooo! I think I can make this wig look even better!!!"

"Ooooooo! I just saw this amazing tutorial on how to make a wig look more and more real. Wait! Your wig is great. Perfect!!!!!!!! Stand there: Let me try! First let's take the BEFORE pic for comparison . . . "

Royalq

I really wanna tell my friend how she can make her wig look more realistic, but there’s no tactful, inoffensive way to start that conversation. :look:
chile ionno! I have a friend that wears this horrendous curly wig that looks like something an old auntie would wear. She's only like 20. But we are new friends so we not at that comfort level for me to be like "sis, what is going on here??" Its a horrible brown color that does not match her skin tone, its big and messy and just....no. Plus she seems hardheaded and like she would take offense. ANd thats not the first time either. She's got another lacefront that is simply a tragedy.

MzLady78

"Nice wig, lady!!! Ooooo! I think I can make this wig look even better!!!"

"Ooooooo! I just saw this amazing tutorial on how to make a wig look more and more real. Wait! Your wig is great. Perfect!!!!!!!! Stand there: Let me try! First let's take the BEFORE pic for comparison . . . "

:lol:

That’s not too bad.
chile ionno! I have a friend that wears this horrendous curly wig that looks like something an old auntie would wear. She's only like 20. But we are new friends so we not at that comfort level for me to be like "sis, what is going on here??" Its a horrible brown color that does not match her skin tone, its big and messy and just....no. Plus she seems hardheaded and like she would take offense. ANd thats not the first time either. She's got another lacefront that is simply a tragedy.

Yikes! :lol:

It’s actually a really cute wig, aside from the hella obvious part. Just needs some plucking and some concealer. Oh, and those Scar Away silcone things that someone mentioned in the wig thread. I bought those along with the wig I’m wearing now. Game. Changer.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I know what i'm going to do when I do my first beaidout (since seven years ago), get a can of auburn color in a can...yes. That use to be my thing back when....*sigh*.

Good'ole color in a can.

Almost tempted to show my license from 2007 me with auburn hair. Looked like official dye. I had technique when using a spray can.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Trying to decide between a Christmas blow out or Christmas blow out + flat iron.

A little nervous because I'd be using Sabino moisture block as a heat protectant. The company and science say the ingredients will work and I wouldn't go beyond 375-400 but I dunno.

I'm really feeling straight hair.

Evolving78

:alcoholic:Well I went to see a professional today, and was told I need to cut my hair to SL. That is as far as I’m letting her go. Since we are going into a new year, I wanted to get a better grasp on my hair as well as other things in my life. I haven’t seen a professional stylist in over 4 years. :cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:

Evolving78

FC48408C-52E2-4624-B760-5A00FE65A053.jpeg
Aww no!

View attachment 418717 We're the real judges.
I don’t know... I’m suppose to get my hair washed and get whatever treatment is needed, but I’m just not sure. My hair isn’t straight to give ya’ll a good picture right now, but here is one from Nov 18. I trimmed my hair in this pic, and it has grown since then, but I believe I trimmed it back up to this length again recently.

imaginary

View attachment 418719
I don’t know... I’m suppose to get my hair washed and get whatever treatment is needed, but I’m just not sure. My hair isn’t straight to give ya’ll a good picture right now, but here is one from Nov 18. I trimmed my hair in this pic, and it has grown since then, but I believe I trimmed it back up to this length again recently.

To my (admittedly untrained) eye, your hair is beautiful!

Jade Feria

View attachment 418719
Wait, why is she saying you need to cut to SL?? Your hair looks great to me.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Trying to decide between a Christmas blow out or Christmas blow out + flat iron.

A little nervous because I'd be using Sabino moisture block as a heat protectant. The company and science say the ingredients will work and I wouldn't go beyond 375-400 but I dunno.

I'm really feeling straight hair.
The ingredients in Moisture Block are the same two that heat protect in IC Fantasia Heat Polisher and I've used that before with no issues. Christmas flat iron it is! My hair never comes out straight though, lol.

@shortdub78 I also think your hair looks great.

Evolving78

To my (admittedly untrained) eye, your hair is beautiful!
I have some hidden hair loss in the crown area. I have hair sprouting back in that area, and when my hair is flat ironed, it’s easy to cover.
I have done a lot of things to my hair, but I manage to keep it on my head for the most part. I deep condition like crazy.
I bleached my hair last year when I was natural. Once I decided to go back to a relaxer, I used a demi permanent color, but it didn’t take very well. I have also switched from lye to no lye. The last straw was when I used a smoothing system that caused irritation and made my hair fall out in the crown area. It also left some weird coating. Since I wash my hair a lot, I was able to get that removed. Oh and I had to get a water filter since the water here was causing major dryness and making my hair porous. I told her all of this and she was like we need to cut it. I have never been attached to hair, but I don’t see why I need a drastic cut?
I know stylists don’t like to have to deal with and baby somebody else’s mistakes and they like their work to look a certain way. I’m just not ready.

Evolving78

@shortdub78
I agree with @Colocha

Why do You think you need her intervention with your hair care? Especially if all she's doing is washing it. It seems to me you do a good job of caring for you own hair.
No matter what you decide, I just don't think she should cut it. And at least find out what the treatment is if you decide to go.
I guess I was just tired. And that’s what I would like to know as far as the treatment. I can get my hands on professional stuff.
She really helped my hair out years ago. I went to her faithfully for several years, but I wanted to try different styles. I wanted to start strictly roller set my hair and she didn’t care to do those. But she is so sweet and very professional. But I know she doesn’t wanna come behind my hair madness.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84 @Sosoothing
@Colocha @Jade Feria
Do you ladies think I should just get it washed, an a treatment? I was gonna tell her to not even dry me, since I can just go home and roller set myself?
I don’t trust her. She rubbed me wrong stating all the hair you had to cut without looking. She got the scissors in her hand but don’t even know what she is cutting.

For all she know, you could have done all this to your hair and still have a full head of healthy hair. Her assumptions will cause you a setback.

Evolving78

I don’t trust her. She rubbed me wrong stating all the hair you had to cut without looking. She got the scissors in her hand but don’t even know what she is cutting.

For all she know, you could have done all this to your hair and still have a full head of healthy hair. Her assumptions will cause you a setback.
Yeah I won’t chance it! Thank you so much!

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
View attachment 418719

I agree with the others, your hair is beautiful and doesn't need a trim. You know stylists love even, blunt ends.