Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

fifi134

Getting these crochet twists put in on Saturday for a twist out a la MyNaturalSistas:

Said I wasn't gonna use braids/twists for growing my hair out, but I lied :lol:. I'm tired of looking at and dealing with my hair, so I'm hiding it until I get bored (aka, all winter). I've had long hair all of my life, hitting MBL-ish at my longest as an 8.5 year natural. While short hair looks good on me, I recognize I am comfortable and look my best with long hair. And it is way less maintenance imo, than my twa.

Tangles

Me, too. I'm refraining this year, but I need to be in several more. I won't be consistent, though, especially if I join too many, so I'm just going to join a few in each life category and lurk in the rest.
I counted 3 hair challenges for you so far and you want more:spinning: I would be sitting in the corner paralyzed :dazed::cry:looking crazy if I joined that many challenges.:look:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I counted 3 hair challenges for you so far and you want more:spinning: I would be sitting in the corner paralyzed :dazed::cry:looking crazy if I joined that many challenges.:look:

:lol:

I'm doing MBL . . . that's just doing what I would be anyway, but snapping a photo.

I'm doing 2 Inches in 4 Months: Same! Lol!

I'm hosting an ayurvedic challenge: That will take a little time. But as a participant, I'm just chatting: "Here's what's in my oil this time." Or, "I just did a scalp massage." It's a purposely low-pressure, chill thread.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

I forgot to explain myself: What I was meaning was that I feel I need to be in the Ends Care challenge, for ONE example, but I don't think I would be consistent. I should not have said I need "more." Lol. You're right.

Tangles

I forgot to explain myself: What I was meaning was that I feel I need to be in the Ends Care challenge, for ONE example, but I don't think I would be consistent. I should not have said I need "more." Lol. You're right.
No problem. I probably need to just join the wig challenge and then when you start the 'Be consistent Challenge':hide:, I'll pledge to be consistent with the wig challenge:lol: No pressure though.:peace:

Bad&Bougee

It is confirmed. The Lord has a sense of humor.

I've been using Edge Pledge Booster from Pure One Beauty. The stuff works. So this morning, I'm in the mirror admiring the growth of my edges and why do I see all these little gray hairs coming in?!! Um, nope! I guess next time I need to specify that I want black hair to grow in my edges. It's ok, at least I have hair. A bunch of tiny gray ones but it's hair.

faithVA

I tried the wet bunning life, dry bunning life for two weeks.

I just prefer to blow dry my hair. It doesn't take that long. I showered, shampooed/conditioned, blow dried, styled hair, got dressed, applied make-up and was out the door in a little less than an hour this morning.

I can do this twice a week.

Hair is soft, fluffy and I use wayyy less product.

But wet bunning will still be an option if I need to.
How did you style your hair?

OriginalBeauty

I AM SORRY THAT YOU FEEL LIKE THIS...

but before you throw in the towel...

"one" Did you try curl activators yet?

"Two" Did you try grease yet?

"Three" Did you try grease and curl activator together yet?

I tried number three for some time now. I decided to thermally straighten it for a change for now. I'm chillin with twists for now until I take them down.

Thank you!!!

nerdography

I tried using KCKT as a leave in :perplexed: I'm not sure how I feel.

On one hand it gives me great definition, even three days later my hair is still defined with very little frizz. But, on the other hand my curls are stiff, and I don't like stiff curls. When I washed on Sunday I used Redken One, KCKT, and It's a 10 daily conditioner. I think next time I'll put the It's a 10 on first and then KCKT to see if I get the definition without the crunch.

I wonder how KCKT would interact with Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls :scratchchin:

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I used the Hairveda Shakaikai Oil today, and I am really impressed by it. My strands felt so smoothe after applying. It also gave me a good amount of slip. Wow.

Also, I have heard so many good things about the scent of Vatika Frosting that I wasn’t expecting the Shakaikai oil to smell so good as well. This might just be my staple sealing oil under the Mane Choice Hair dressing.

Another thought: I did a length check today. I really needed to see where my last trim (more like a cut. SMH) left me. I really need to reevaluate my trimming method. A few months ago and I had a few strands that grazed BSL, now I’m like 3-4 inches above BSL. The bright side: My ends look good.

Last edited: