Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Not trying to sound churchy, but about the woman that suffered the set back. If I was her *sigh* I wouldn't have went right into trying to detangle my hair. I would have sat back, took a breath, prayed and fasted. And commanded those tangles go come loose right now in the name of Jesus!

Jesus would have took those knots out. I know because one time (about a year or so ago)I had a tangle that I knew I would have to cut, I prayed and asked the Lord to take the knot out. I was shocked that when I put the comb back to it, It was looser!! No scissors necessary.

I am just saying...

Speak!

The Word says that we have not because we ask not.
The Lord cares about our cares. He cares about every part of us. Nothing too small that He does not care.

I like the word "all" in that first scripture. :smile:

upload_2018-1-13_23-6-22.png

upload_2018-1-13_23-5-9.png

Last edited:

Evolving78

I tried a Silk Elements conditioner many years ago when Sally's was having a BOGO sale on that product line. I ended up returning them both to Sally's after one use because the conditioner matted up and dried my hair.

I'm a recovered product junky. I almost never return hair care products. If I don't like them, I try to make them work by adding oils or using other conditioners with them. The only other time I can remember returning products was because one conditioner had isopropyl alcohol and the other had sodium chloride.
My hair was relaxed and I had a bunch of new growth. That product behaved like glue. I should look up the ingredients to see what happened.

Royalq

So out of pure laziness I deep conditioned my ends only last nights :lachen:. I was supposed to wash my whole head but I didn't feel like it. So I parted my hair down the middle, wet and double shampoo the last 5 inches of my hair, applied my warmed up dc/protein mix, stuck it in a snack sized zip lock bag and clipped it close. I let that sit for 40 mins and rinsed it out. Applied leave in, oil, and a small bit of shea butter then braided my ends.
I might do this more often when my ends feel dry and maybe midweek. I wonder if this will improve my length retention :scratchchin:?

Royalq

Oh and they changed the ingredients to Neutrogena triple silk touch leave in. They moved the dimethicone from 3rd to 2nd. Now the first two are water and dimethicone, there my be other changes but I didn't read it all. My hair has definitely noticed. My hair is suddenly very dry and tangy. Sigh. I want to return my NTM and pick up maybe scurl.

Aggie

So out of pure laziness I deep conditioned my ends only last nights :lachen:. I was supposed to wash my whole head but I didn't feel like it. So I parted my hair down the middle, wet and double shampoo the last 5 inches of my hair, applied my warmed up dc/protein mix, stuck it in a snack sized zip lock bag and clipped it close. I let that sit for 40 mins and rinsed it out. Applied leave in, oil, and a small bit of shea butter then braided my ends.
I might do this more often when my ends feel dry and maybe midweek. I wonder if this will improve my length retention :scratchchin:?

This is a funny post :lachen: Just the ends huh?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm starting to hate edge control. Whatever I use leaves my hair looking whitish after a few hours. I bought the design essential edge control last night because the hicks edge control didn't work and left my edges looming dusty....but im still getting dustyish looking edges. Smells good tho lol
Main Choice has edge control that is the ****. I love that stuff! It actually works on my gray which is amazing! I have all the others, including Hicks which I’m about to give away.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Oh my Gosh! Get out of my head! I was just sitting here dying laughing on the couch about this! Then you post this LOL. I'm talking about tears in my EYES!
@Sharpened the relaxed edges needs to go too! If you're natural then BE NATURAL stop playing games.
Oh yeah... My mother's edges are completely gone, but since she wears her hair so cute, she still gets complements. Screw the niceties, I am keeping my hair.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I combed my hair through and through gently. I twisted it. So it was nicely detangled and separated last night. This morning I thought it's the perfect time to do a length check. And truely it looks like I am WL or grazing WL by half an inch...what? Now I have been using my beloved Wild Growth Hair oil every three days for about 3 months. I pulled the hair down in the back about ten times and stood straight up just to make sure it's really real. I'm genuinely confused. :look:

Angel1881

Lurker '01; Member '08; First post '17
Hmm, never thought about that. Is in from having wet hair around my ears?

I have the same problem right now and my mom (a physician) told me I may never find out why it happened. It could be a new product you're using on your skin or hair. Unfortunately and embarrassingly, I'm susceptible to skin allergic reactions and fungal infections...no matter how much I bathe.

Royalq

So im experiencing some breakage and shedding which I believe is related to my heavy silicone use in December and switching to a new shampoo. Sigh. Im going to increase my moisture and go back to my usual shampoo and cut out the silicone. I knew I didnt like silicone but I did it anyways.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I almost cannot believe this. Let me tell y'all what happened just now. I had two hairs tied together (I was over joyed while playing in my hair) into a tight knot. I was going to try and find scissors. Then I remembered one lady on here said to use a needle. How about that needle took that little tiny knot out. Happy dance. It took about three minutes, but it came loose! Thanks Miss whoever you are that suggested to use a needle for knots.