Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Anyone try Qhemet Biologics' Castor & Amla Nourishing Pomade?

Tried it on my little one today. Acts just like the older Amla pomade except it isnt as thick/tacky.

FadingDelilah

I bought some glycerin soap and zinc a few days ago and they're coming tomorrow :) I'm so happy! I haven't heard of anyone else using glycerin soap in their hair, but I had the sudden thought that maybe it will act as both a cleanser + a glycerin-based moisturizer in my hair, so of course I had to buy some :oops:.

I'm always chasing some weird idea. Lol. :rolleyes: There are only a very few, natural ingredients in the soap, so it meets my standards. It only costed 1.99 too. :D I think I'll add safflower oil to it. Oh, and I'll probably have to adjust the ph somehow. We'll see what happens...

Harina

Oops. Didn't realize I pressed reply without writing anything. I was going to say that I never tried the older pomade nor did I realize they had a previous version of this. I was planning on using this, alternating with Nature's Blessing and coconut oil/EOs, to help a bit with growth. What's the primary reason you use it? I think I'm going to order a sample.

On a side note, I really, really like QB's packaging.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Lol I could see something like that happening to me! Lol

LOL!!!! I refused to take them back home too! It was trash pick up day for her neighborhood so before we left, I just threw them in her dumpster. Some of them were brand new too. I was like TUH...cant come home with me either! I just don't have it in me anymore to try and use up mediocre stuff when I have handmade products that knocks my socks off.

Evolving78

LOL!!!! I refused to take them back home too! It was trash pick up day for her neighborhood so before we left, I just threw them in her dumpster. Some of them were brand new too. I was like TUH...cant come home with me either! I just don't have it in me anymore to try and use up mediocre stuff when I have handmade products that knocks my socks off.
Yes!!! I feel the same way! It’s funny, but so sad for me at the same time.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
You should donate them to a women’s shelter.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Oops. Didn't realize I pressed reply without writing anything. I was going to say that I never tried the older pomade nor did I realize they had a previous version of this. I was planning on using this, alternating with Nature's Blessing and coconut oil/EOs, to help a bit with growth. What's the primary reason you use it? I think I'm going to order a sample.

On a side note, I really, really like QB's packaging.
It great for the scalp. I do, however like it for sealing and twisting. It’s really good a softening. It just wasn’t a must need for me.

Now that BRBC and CTDG and AOHC !!!!

FadingDelilah

Just tried the glycerin soap on my hair. At first my hair melted and became so soft I couldn't believe it could feel that way, but then I rinsed it out and it felt like I had just water washed. Not very soft, kind of odd feeling, no shine. I won't be doing it again.

I will just use it as skin soap and start thinking up up my next experiment. I wonder when I will succeed with this hair thing? :oops: