Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

FadingDelilah

My hair has been sitting contentedly for a few weeks now. I guess what I'm using is really working. But unfortunately I still have the thinning and inflammation in my crown and I don't know what to do about it. I used some Vitamin E on my areas that were bothering me last night and it instantly soothed them, but I haven't been doing it long enough to see if it can fix things.

Fingers crossed it helps.

shasha8685

I'm being lazy with my hair and I am thankful for my head wraps. I love that I can look so put together while putting forth minimal effort.

That being said, I need some more solid color head wraps. I have a lot of prints (which I love) but they can be difficult to match sometimes.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I had a horrible hair dream. Here it goes:

I was at some festival out doors. I had very long butt length freeform locks. I while walking through the festival and crowds I wanted so badly to have loose natural hair with a strong desire to big chop. So I start chopping. When one of the freeforms was being chopped off I felt extremely sad to have to start over again on the verge of tears. As the first loc fell to the ground it was an aloe Vera leaf. Next loc an aloe Vera leaf and so on and so on. I reach up to feel my new hair. I look at my hands and MAGGOTS! I looked down in disgust and horror a pile of aloe Vera leaves with baby MAGGOTS and eggs. End of dream.

I woke up still safe in my bed relieved. The sun from my bedroom skylight blinding me. I roll over and fall back to sleep after thinking for a few minutes. I'm sleep again.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I had a horrible hair dream. Here it goes:

I was at some festival out doors. I had very long butt length freeform locks. I while walking through the festival and crowds I wanted so badly to have loose natural hair with a strong desire to big chop. So I start chopping. When one of the freeforms was being chopped off I felt extremely sad to have to start over again on the verge of tears. As the first loc fell to the ground it was an aloe Vera leaf. Next loc an aloe Vera leaf and so on and so on. I reach up to feel my new hair. I look at my hands and MAGGOTS! I looked down in disgust and horror a pile of aloe Vera leaves with baby MAGGOTS and eggs. End of dream.

I woke up still safe in my bed relieved. The sun from my bedroom skylight blinding me. I roll over and fall back to sleep after thinking for a few minutes. I'm sleep again.

Be wary of the people around you in the upcoming weeks. Someone doesn't wish you well and they are starting to garner a crowd.

FadingDelilah

There have only been 2 or 3 times when I've been as tired of my hair as I am today. I've big chopped every time it got to this point but I talked myself out of it this time... somehow. Somebody switch with me please. :rolleyes:

My hair loves to just change its mind about liking products and I'm so tired of my hair feeling like crap and breaking! It's matted, thinning in parts, dry as can be and dull, dull, dull. I'm getting to the point where the texture is just irking me for so many reasons and I want to just shave it all off again, bleach it platinum and just rock that look for life because this hair growing thing is not working and its been years now!

keranikki

There have only been 2 or 3 times when I've been as tired of my hair as I am today. I've big chopped every time it got to this point but I talked myself out of it this time... somehow. Somebody switch with me please. :rolleyes:

My hair loves to just change its mind about liking products and I'm so tired of my hair feeling like crap and breaking! It's matted, thinning in parts, dry as can be and dull, dull, dull. I'm getting to the point where the texture is just irking me for so many reasons and I want to just shave it all off again, bleach it platinum and just rock that look for life because this hair growing thing is not working and its been years now!

I feel your pain. My hair's temperamental attitude is the reason why I'm such a PJ. Now I will say, since I got on the Shea butter train, my hair's attitude has been so pleasurable. I used to use S-Curl under my Shea butter, but I had to lay off of it a bit. My hair has a love/hate relationship with glycerin. It has a tendency to make my hair hard and dry after a while. I wouldn't suggest changing any of your products, but I would stop using some of them; so you can see what is causing your hair to have a temper tantrum. Maybe you can change the order or way your products are applied.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Be wary of the people around you in the upcoming weeks. Someone doesn't wish you well and they are starting to garner a crowd.
Thank you.

That's is funny because two nights ago I had a dream that I was choking a black snake and slung it hard to the ground and a cat came and ate it.

"Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder, the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet"

I'm safe.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

Did you try Jheri juices yet? Try just a little Blue Magic too. I always talk about these proxucts I know I know :rolleyes:. They may work for you, preferably together. Don't give in.

FadingDelilah

@AdoraAdora24

Info on aloe leaves and maggots:

Breaking off an aloe leaf is a good sign because it means that your most cherished desires and long-awaited dreams are getting ready to manifest very soon.

To see maggots in your dream represent your anxieties about death. It may also be indicative of some issue or problem that you have been rejecting and it is now "eating away" at you. You need to confront it for it is destroying your sense of harmony and balance.
I feel your pain. My hair's temperamental attitude is the reason why I'm such a PJ. Now I will say, since I got on the Shea butter train, my hair's attitude has been so pleasurable. I used to use S-Curl under my Shea butter, but I had to lay off of it a bit. My hair has a love/hate relationship with glycerin. It has a tendency to make my hair hard and dry after a while. I wouldn't suggest changing any of your products, but I would stop using some of them; so you can see what is causing your hair to have a temper tantrum. Maybe you can change the order or way your products are applied.

Thanks for the kind words girl! I've tried narrowing down what my hair doesn't like and changing up the order. I've been through sooo many combinations and considered so many different things that could be causing my issues, and cut those things out with no success. No order or ingredient/class of ingredient seems to be the definite problem. It isn't my water either. Its so tough. My hair likes glycerin sometimes but like you it doesn't always work well. I've been thinking about jumping on the shea butter train for a while now but my hair is in a twa so I feel like no product like that is able to get thoroughly applied throughout my hair. So I try to use moisturizing shampoo/conditioner but I can't seem to find anything that works for long. Oil rinsing leaves my hair hard after a while so I'm out of luck it seems. Sigh... We'll figure out what our hair wants one day. :rolleyes:

keranikki

Thanks for the kind words girl! I've tried narrowing down what my hair doesn't like and changing up the order. I've been through sooo many combinations and considered so many different things that could be causing my issues, and cut those things out with no success. No order or ingredient/class of ingredient seems to be the definite problem. It isn't my water either. Its so tough. My hair likes glycerin sometimes but like you it doesn't always work well. I've been thinking about jumping on the shea butter train for a while now but my hair is in a twa so I feel like no product like that is able to get thoroughly applied throughout my hair. So I try to use moisturizing shampoo/conditioner but I can't seem to find anything that works for long. Oil rinsing leaves my hair hard after a while so I'm out of luck it seems. Sigh... We'll figure out what our hair wants one day. :rolleyes:

You have to whip it. I have fine hair and I HATED Shea butter due to its heaviness, until I whipped it. Girl......:drool:
It is everything I needed. Whipping without adding oil makes it airy and fluffy. Mixing it with oil makes it creamy. I like the creamy version for my hair and the fluffy version for my body. Come on over to the Shea Regimen thread. You will be a unicorn in no time!:)

FadingDelilah

You have to whip it. I have fine hair and I HATED Shea butter due to its heaviness, until I whipped it. Girl......:drool:
It is everything I needed. Whipping without adding oil makes it airy and fluffy. Mixing it with oil makes it creamy. I like the creamy version for my hair and the fluffy version for my body. Come on over to the Shea Regimen thread. You will be a unicorn in no time!:)

I'll be in there soon :eyebrows2: shoot you got my inner pj coming out. :lachen:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@AdoraAdora24

Info on aloe leaves and maggots:

Breaking off an aloe leaf is a good sign because it means that your most cherished desires and long-awaited dreams are getting ready to manifest very soon.

To see maggots in your dream represent your anxieties about death. It may also be indicative of some issue or problem that you have been rejecting and it is now "eating away" at you. You need to confront it for it is destroying your sense of harmony and balance.

LOL thanks for the dream interpretation!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
My conditioner went on so much smoother after melting some Shea Butter and added it to the DC. Wow just wow. My hair was hanging and slinging. It was heavy. My hair is always heavy with the conditioner in it. So much that I can't to twist it up on my head and get that plastic bag on it.