Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

fifi134

What do y’all consider hitting a goal length: all your hair, or just your nape at the goal?

I lightly flat ironed my hair this weekend and trimmed it myself. My nape is at SL but everywhere else isn’t :lol:

nerdography

So, I've made some adjustments to my wash routine. Normally, I was doing a protein treatment once a month, but recently I've decided to do a protein treatment every other week since March 4th. I have some curls that were loose waves that have started to form into ringlets. And my hair is starting to have more volume. This is exciting :drunk:

CurlyWhoCrux

What i do:
Leave in
Moisturizing cream
Seal with oil
Set in style whether it s a wet bun or braids for a braid out.
I am going to try something like this. One of my issues is that so many things sit on my hair and using lots of products on top of one another will just leave my hair white because they don’t absorb. This makes me reluctant to add products after I’ve rinsed out my DC.

Alma Petra

I am going to try something like this. One of my issues is that so many things sit on my hair and using lots of products on top of one another will just leave my hair white because they don’t absorb. This makes me reluctant to add products after I’ve rinsed out my DC.
You can use water-based spray-type leave-ins or diluted creamy leave-ins. Oil and shea butter cannot make your hair white so you can seal with these. There is a thread about shea butter in the forum, very active, and everybody is talking about how shea butter is keeping their hair moisturized.

CurlyWhoCrux

You can use water-based spray-type leave-ins or diluted creamy leave-ins. Oil and shea butter cannot make your hair white so you can seal with these. There is a thread about shea butter in the forum, very active, and everybody is talking about how shea butter is keeping their hair moisturized.

Thanks for the suggestions! I was reading through that thread yesterday and actually ended up buying some products that I think can help me incorporate Shea butter.

Evolving78

I got rid of a ton of products yesterday. It felt good to get rid of the stuff I can’t use anymore. I gave them to my neighbor. I first I was gonna make a big deal about it, like exchanging them on here, or calling people, etc. But I needed to free myself from that energy, so I made a quick decision.

LushLox

I got rid of a ton of products yesterday. It felt good to get rid of the stuff I can’t use anymore. I gave them to my neighbor. I first I was gonna make a big deal about it, like exchanging them on here, or calling people, etc. But I needed to free myself from that energy, so I made a quick decision.

Lucky neighbour; you've given her a lot of products. I need to move next door to you or something.

Evolving78

Lucky neighbour; you've given her a lot of products. I need to move next door to you or something.
Lol you should have saw her face when I handed her those bags! Lol
I had to tell her I was product junkie. She agreed! Lol I didn’t give her crappy stuff either. I gave her the new Ecostyler gel too! She shouldnt have to go to any store for hair products for 2-3 years. Lol

LushLox

I’ve stopped feeling too concerned about losing length when I trim. I’ve noticed I retain growth much easier when I incorporate regular trims and I quickly regain the lost inch or whatever. When I don’t trim regularly my hair stagnates so I no longer hesitate, I’ll trim every 12 weeks now, standard.

Last edited:

FadingDelilah

@I Am So Blessed
That reminds me of our conversation in the Vicariously thread!! :2inlove: But I'm feeling discouraged about growing my curly hair to hip length from this picture :cry: LOL! I have almost the same curl pattern as the woman in that picture. I'll have to move my curly length goal back to mbl. o_O Now that I think about it I haven't posted any hair fantasies in that thread in a hot minute. :curtain:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed
That reminds me of our conversation in the Vicariously thread!! :2inlove: But I'm feeling discouraged about growing my curly hair to hip length from this picture :cry: LOL! I have almost the same curl pattern as the woman in that picture. I'll have to move my curly length goal back to mbl. o_O Now that I think about it I haven't posted any hair fantasies in that thread in a hot minute. :curtain:

LOL! Don't be discouraged!

You can still have this as your goal! There is one thing I have noticed over my patient wait for long hair and that is: LONG HAIR HAPPENS.

It really does. I have past most of my goals with flying colors and you can too!

So keep your fantasies alive! "Can't stop, wont stop eh eh" Keep on with the Keepin on!!!

Also: Since you have the same curl pattern, that only tells me that the post was for you. Its telling you your future.

Last edited:

FadingDelilah

LOL! Don't be discouraged!

You can still have this as your goal! There is one thing I have noticed over my patient wait for long hair and that is: LONG HAIR HAPPENS.

It really does. I have past most of my goals with flying colors and you can too!

So keep your fantasies alive! "Can't stop, wont stop eh eh" Keep on with the Keepin on!!!

Also: Since you have the same curl pattern, that only tells me that the post was for you. Its telling you your future.

You think so?? Well that's good that you feel that way because you have that God-touched spirit. I will not be discouraged any further, lol!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
You think so?? Well that's good that you feel that way because you have that God-touched spirit. I will not be discouraged any further, lol!

YES! to the bolded.

When I got into hair care I use to have this fantasy every day!!! I'd get comfortable on the couch and play Selena's "Como La Flor" on repeat I really got into it.

while picturing myself wearing this style with this length (kinky version) .

Before I knew my hair started to grow and reached WL (for the first time). It's all in the mind. AND PRAYER. I asked for this. This time is my second time reaching WL, I am reaching for classic and beyond.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I am WL and my hair in two jumbo flat twists still doesn't reach this far down lol. That is crazy LOL

LIKE:

Me: "what does it take type 4 hair, huh? what does it take for some hang?!"

My Hair: "It takes a blow dryer sweetie" *smug look*

Me: "well you can just forget about that! "

My Hair: "Suit yourself, you still look shoulder length tho...."

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I’ve stopped feeling too concerned about losing length when I trim. I’ve noticed I retain growth much easier when I incorporate regular trims and I quickly regain the lost inch or whatever. When I don’t trim regularly my hair stagnates so I no longer hesitate, I’ll trim every 12 weeks now, standard.
I have noticed the same for myself. When i trimmed that half inch off my hair shot right back where it was and then some. Nice to know I wasn't seeing things.

I haven't trimmed in 6 months lol. I have to do it again so it can flourish faster.