Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I've decided that I will trim only once per year. I'm a daily washer, now that it's hot I'm washing my hair twice per day using a very gentle shampoo bar, and I keep conditioner, pomade, gel and activator in my hair so my hair is always moisturized so I don't foresee me getting too many split ends. I'm just afraid of straightening my hair to do it because I don't want to chance messing up my curl pattern. I am going to see if wet setting my hair then combing it out will allow me to see the split ends....I think it will.
So...Im up at 3am. I'm grooving. And I found a goodazz stretcheting video for you.

Nighty Night...:look::giggle:

GettingKinky

I’m looking for a really liquidy leave-in conditioner. Oyin hair dew and Miele avocado hair milk are both thicker than what I want. Any suggestions?

Kindheart

I’m looking for a really liquidy leave-in conditioner. Oyin hair dew and Miele avocado hair milk are both thicker than what I want. Any suggestions?
Alikay Natural lemongrass leave in
Jamaican Lime coconut
Soultanicals Aqua mane
Mielle sweet peony leave in
Creme on Nature Argan
Lottabody coconut Shea spray leave in
Mizani true textures
They re all spray liquid leave ins and all excellent

The AsIAm leave in suggested above it’s not Liquidy , definitely creamy

GettingKinky

Alikay Natural lemongrass leave in
Jamaican Lime coconut
Soultanicals Aqua mane
Mielle sweet peony leave in
Creme on Nature Argan
Lottabody coconut Shea spray leave in
Mizani true textures
They re all spray liquid leave ins and all excellent

The AsIAm leave in suggested above it’s not Liquidy , definitely creamy

Thanks!

DeepBluSea

Any suggestions on a spray protein? Wearing crochet braids, trying to incorporate a bit more protein in my braid spray.

I am using SCurl, mixed with some natural oils.

Ok I have been over my hair going on 2 years now. I am now just going with clip ins. After several sewins. braids, ect. Anyone eles? I am taking care of my hair. But styling it, no thank you

Me, me, me! I've been in crochet braids for the last 3 months. At least you have been taking care of your hair. I have been really wishy washy and I'm paying for it. Trying to get back on track.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Any suggestions on a spray protein? Wearing crochet braids, trying to incorporate a bit more protein in my braid spray.

Me, me, me! I've been in crochet braids for the last 3 months. At least you have been taking care of your hair. I have been really wishy washy and I'm eating for it. Trying to get back on track.

I would suggest buying the hydrolyzed protein itself and adding it to your mix. I buy my keratin and wheat protein from MakingCosmestics.com. I add some to my conditioners.

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Me, me, me! I've been in crochet braids for the last 3 months. At least you have been taking care of your hair. I have been really wishy washy and I'm paying for it. Trying to get back on track.
I agree with so blessed there are lots of liquid proteins that you can try. I love colorful neutral protein filler which has a few different types of hydrolyzed proteins in it but if you don't feel like mixing I hear raves about aphogee's keratin and green tea leave in spray.

VictoriousBrownFlower

@ItsMeLilLucky @BronxJazzy Hey thanks for liking the only drawing I ever drew lol. I was drawing with my 7 year old niece using her colored pencils and this came on paper. I had to save it. I didn't know I could kinda draw. :look:o_O

Y'all should see how I styled her Barbies hair though.
Wow I didn't know that was your drawing. I just assumed you found it online. I can tell you were letting out something personal when you drew it. It's such an inspiring pic. Great job!!!!

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I see my straight patch is back :laugh: I always get fascinated by the fact that in a head full of curls, I literally have a straight patch of hair at my nape. I use to think that I still had relaxer on my hair, till I realized that I’ve always shaved my hair off *face palm* lmao

I don’t really remember how it was when my hair was longer, but I do remember that it was less curly than the rest of my hair.

So, firm curls with a straight patch. Never change Sybil, never change :lachen: