Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

AlmostTamed

I'm tired of seeing these Instagram stylist give everyone that sits in their chair a blunt cut while the peanut gallery in the comment section oohs and ahhs. I feel like even the healthiest head of hair will have a natural taper to the ends. . I have a picture where my hair is blow dried and by the looks of it one of these insta stylist will tell me I need 4 inches cut because my ends are thin, but in actuality my ends just got straighter with the blow dry than my roots did (I get lazy sometimes lol).

FadingDelilah

Detangling is such a traumatizing experience. 2/3 done. Wish me luck please.

Edit: I finished! Took me 3.5 hours with no breaks! Now I'm letting my mom blow dry my hair so I can put it away for a good longgg while. Wonder how long it will look? First blowdry since cutting it all off nearly two years ago. :D

Last edited:

Aggie

:biggrin:I added too much hydrolized keratin to my cholestoral. It took 3 weeks to get back right again. My hair did not suffer though it was a pain to deal with.
Okay gotcha. Thank God your hair did not suffer from it.

By the way, which brand of hydrolyzed keratin do you use? Where do you get it from?

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Okay gotcha. Thank God your hair did not suffer from it.

By the way, which brand of hydrolyzed keratin do you use? Where do you get from?
Right!? Thank the Lord because that really made detangling difficult. I got my protein from MakingCosmestics.com I use wheat and keratin protein in my Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol along with Shea butter.

My hair was stiff for two/three weeks so I used twice as much activator "Jheri juice" and I was A OK! :pulpdance:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Thank you. So how much are you adding to your conditioner and how often?
Aside from me over dosing last time lol I use one cap to a cap and 1/2 full of each (the wheat and keratin) in a full jar of Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol cholesterol. And I use half the jar for one DC and two weeks later use the rest of the jar. I DC twice per month every two weeks. When I had my mishap I just poured it in Willy Nilly.

Aggie

Right!? Thank the Lord because that really made detangling difficult. I got my protein from MakingCosmestics.com I use wheat and keratin protein in my Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol along with Shea butter.

My hair was stiff for two/three weeks so I used twice as much activator "Jheri juice" and I was A OK! :pulpdance:
Thanks hon. The keratin is stronger than the wheat, correct?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Thanks hon. The keratin is stronger than the wheat, correct?
Actually I don't know lol. I think they are both strong, but they each do different things to the hair. Let me find a list of what each protein's duties are....

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: Water soluble protein derived from wheat, it penetrates the cortex of each strand. It strengthens and moisturizes hair, increases it’s ability to receive and maintain moisture.

Hydrolyzed Silk Protein: Derived from one of the strongest natural fibers in the world. Forms a cystalline protective barrier on strands. Improves hair’s elasticity, resiliency, increases shine (silk is known for it’s ability to hold 10,000 times it’s weight in water.).

GlycoProtein: Derived from oyster shells, contains sugar and amino acids that help strengthen and smooth hair.

Milk Protein (Lactabumin): Derived from milk, high in lactic acid containing 8 essential amino acids. Has been labeled the most perfect protein. Great for dry or damaged hair.

Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: Water soluble protein derived from soy. Strengthens and mends hair fiber. Increases the ability for hair to hold moisture. Adds shine and smoothes hair.

Collagen Protein: Increases elasticity in hair.

Vegetable Protein: Hydrates hair. Great for porous or damaged hair and split ends. Absorbs more easily into hair shaft than animal protein. Leaves no build up.

Animal Protein: Breaks down into fatty acids and coats the hair. Leaves build up on the hair.

Keratin Protein: Every ones hair is made up of keratin protein. This is the strongest of the hair product proteins. When used in product form, it strengthens the hair shaft preventing breakage. Smoothes the hairs cuticle reducing frizz and making it softer and shinier.

Source: http://urbanbushbabes.com/all-about-different-types-of-proteins/

Aggie

Actually I don't know lol. I think they are both strong, but they each do different things to the hair. Let me find a list of what each protein's duties are....

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: Water soluble protein derived from wheat, it penetrates the cortex of each strand. It strengthens and moisturizes hair, increases it’s ability to receive and maintain moisture.

Hydrolyzed Silk Protein: Derived from one of the strongest natural fibers in the world. Forms a cystalline protective barrier on strands. Improves hair’s elasticity, resiliency, increases shine (silk is known for it’s ability to hold 10,000 times it’s weight in water.).

GlycoProtein: Derived from oyster shells, contains sugar and amino acids that help strengthen and smooth hair.

Milk Protein (Lactabumin): Derived from milk, high in lactic acid containing 8 essential amino acids. Has been labeled the most perfect protein. Great for dry or damaged hair.

Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: Water soluble protein derived from soy. Strengthens and mends hair fiber. Increases the ability for hair to hold moisture. Adds shine and smoothes hair.

Collagen Protein: Increases elasticity in hair.

Vegetable Protein: Hydrates hair. Great for porous or damaged hair and split ends. Absorbs more easily into hair shaft than animal protein. Leaves no build up.

Animal Protein: Breaks down into fatty acids and coats the hair. Leaves build up on the hair.

Keratin Protein: Every ones hair is made up of keratin protein. This is the strongest of the hair product proteins. When used in product form, it strengthens the hair shaft preventing breakage. Smoothes the hairs cuticle reducing frizz and making it softer and shinier.

Source: http://urbanbushbabes.com/all-about-different-types-of-proteins/

:goodpost: Thanks for sharing hon.

Artemis24

It's been over 3 years since I last used henna and I'm going to start again next week. I can't even remember how to activate henna so I have a lot of reading to do. I hope I mentioned my process on my old account.

Aggie

Morning everyone. Already henna'ed my hair overnight. Right now I have to head out the door to run some errands and will finish my hair later with indigo, deep conditioning, M/S.

I have to say my henna application was very easy and I think it was because I applied the henna right over my heavily sealed hair in BM grease :happydance:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I am SO HAPPY! I REALLY don’t like buying hair products online. OTG is just about the only way for me. Also, when I find my staples I just want to keep a good thing going. When KBB stopped selling at Target a couple years ago I stocked up and bit my nails. Yesterday I was strolling through Jewel, our local grocery store, and guess what I saw! My three staple KBB products, the Sweet Ambrosia Leave in, Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream, and the Hair Blossom Moisture Mist. :woot:

AlmostTamed

My hair grew two inches from June to Sept, after blow drying my hair this weekend I can really see how much fuller hair is getting super exciting. Wigs have been the best thing that has ever happened to my hair, SO MUCH LENGTH RETENTION! I wearing my hair "out" for a couple of days. I put my hair in about 12 not too tight bantu knots at night and take them in morning and putting it in a top knot bun.