Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Royalq

I need to learn to cornrow. I don’t trust anyone else with my hair. I plan on wearing wigs until some time in 2019.
Me and you both. No matter how detangled my hair is, people still manage to snatch out my hair. I plan to wear wigs until mid 2019.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Next year I will trial 1hr wash days in preparation for my return to school. I’m going to try once a week January-February then once every two weeks March-April to see which works better. May-August will be spent perfecting technique, increasing speed and finding quick hairstyles.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I'm slowly starting to move away from caring about my hair. It usually happens this time of year. I don't feel the urge to straighten, cut or dye though. I just don't want to deal with it. I think it's better that way, as I do get irritated when it doesn't seem to be growing. Now that I'm more occupied with other things, I still know how to keep my hair healthy without spending a lot of time and money on it. We'll see how that goes for me. :look:

Aggie

I want to come back to the board but it feels so deserted. Only a fraction of the people who used to be here are active now. What's the story?
It's still has a lot of the same active members. Their interest here has changed. I noticed that quite a few are in the skin care forum and another lot are in the Fitness Forum and quite a few are in the Financial and Career Forum. There are not many in the Hair forum anymore unfortunately.

There are many that quit the board altogether. I'm soon to follow. When my membership is up this time around in 2020, I am seriously considering leaving, even if it's just for a short time.

Alma Petra

It's still has a lot of the same active members. Their interest here has changed. I noticed that quite a few are in the skin care forum and another lot are in the Fitness Forum and quite a few are in the Financial and Career Forum. There are not many in the Hair forum anymore unfortunately.

There are many that quit the board altogether. I'm soon to follow. When my membership is up this time around in 2020, I am seriously considering leaving, even if it's just for a short time.
Hello Aggie!

Great to see you are still here. I am thinking that maybe the start of the new year will bring more people here, old and new members alike. The spirit of a new year and the enthusiasm for the various challenges. It sure created a nice atmosphere at the beginning of 2018.

And I might want to go and check out the other forums me too since they seem to be much more interesting than the hair forum at this moment

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
A patient last night asked me for tips on how to grow long hair. I was looking around like who:look: me? I don't consider my hair long but I guess anything over shoulder length is considered long. IDK

My hair this morning after night shift. I think I may be approaching bsl?

It's definitely long and so jet black. Although it is not shown here, I am sure your hair moves beautifully. I'd be looking at this hair, too. Just like your patient did!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
View attachment 437457

This is probably my first post in the hair forum this year. That’s shameful.

I got a blow out and a trim today and all I have is this horrible picture. My hair is still long but I’m going to refocus on hair care in 2019. I’m getting married in 2020 and want my hair to be luscious.

There is no shame in all this beautiful hair!

ilong

God's Own

Likewise to the bolded. I've learned a lot here and most of the ladies are fantastic, and I will miss them - but I also miss several of the members who have left.
The membership cost is miniscule so I may just pay but not be as active. We'll see what 2019 brings.

Last edited:

Aggie

Likewise to the bolded. I've learned a lot here and most of the ladies are fantastic, and I will miss them - but I also miss several of the members who have left.
The membership cost is miniscule so I may just pay but not be as active. We'll see what 2019 brings.
@bolded - I may do the same thing as well. I do like other forums in here too, so yeah...

GGsKin

I want to put twists in the loose section of hair I have but it doesn't seem worth it for 1 week. The way my shedding is, I need to take them down come wash day. How do you regular twist-wearers deal?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
:angel2:Dang, I was supposed to be washing my hair so I started the dry wash (literally I added shampoo to my dry hair. Got that tip from a lovely lady on here) and put a plastic bag on my head, then a bonnet. Buuut, I ended up falling asleep and now I’m going to work with everything on my head, but I added a winter hat to the mix :lachen:

Oops.

Alma Petra

I really wanted to redo my hair this evening for a meeting tomorrow morning but I was working a long day today. I just got back home at 9:30 pm. and I'm so tired.

Does anybody here do their hair typically in the morning just before going to work instead of the evening before?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I really wanted to redo my hair this evening for a meeting tomorrow morning but I was working a long day today. I just got back home at 9:30 pm. and I'm so tired.

Does anybody here do their hair typically in the morning just before going to work instead of the evening before?
I do it when my hair is short. Or I’ll start half of it the night prior and finish it in the morning if I don’t fall asleep. This works for me because I don’t have to be at work til the afternoon.