Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

oneastrocurlie

Verdict is
Carol's Daughter condish is trash and the leave-in spray may have made my hair drier when using it. The low poo is nice, but I don't usually have a shampoo problem.
I don't know how I feel about the Okay Hair Sorbet. The ingredients are great. I want to love it, but it flaked when I used it over the leave-in spray :( . I used it for my twist n'curl and the results are good. It's not as moisturized as I would hope, but I did use the low poo twice and the second time was without using a conditioner.

Does anyone shampoo/low poo (whatever) and skip the conditioner step to go straight to the leave-in?
I only ask because of my low porosity hair being so prone to product build up and really bad flaking. I'm thinking that my hair will better able to absorb whatever leave-in/styler I use because it's kinda prepped for it.

You could find you a conditioner that doubles as a leave in. If I want a really short wash day. I use NYC curls as my conditioner and only rinse some of it out therefore leaving some in. Boom. There's my leave in. Lol.

oneastrocurlie

Yeah my hair dries out quickly as well. Even if I keep it up it dries out in 3 days and I haven't found a way to moisturize it that works. So now I'm rinsing my hair every other day to try to keep it from drying out. I need to just accept that is how it is going to be.

Are you using oil every day?

CurlyWhoCrux

Either when I reach APL or at the end of the year, I'm done with length checks, length challenges, length anything. My hair has been 1 big job with very little pay and I'm tired of dealing with it. I'm hosting a challenge now but at the end of the year I'm done. Just going to focus on trying to get my hair moisturized some how, some way this year.
Wow I had this same thought yesterday. I’m giving myself to the end of this year for growing (which will probably get me at hip length) and then I’m gonna maintain there for a while so I can get rid of some of this old dry hair. Hopefully with increased moisture I won’t feel like ill be cutting for a long time.

faithVA

Wow I had this same thought yesterday. I’m giving myself to the end of this year for growing (which will probably get me at hip length) and then I’m gonna maintain there for a while so I can get rid of some of this old dry hair. Hopefully with increased moisture I won’t feel like ill be cutting for a long time.
I would like to have that problem. Lol. My goal was bsl or wl but I'm not going to even bother.

Pygmy_puff

I regret that I took out my crochet hair on Saturday. I missed my natural hair, but now I realize the only reason I missed it is because I forgot what a pain it is to style it every day :lachen:

Not to mention it’s dry because I didn’t DC after taking it down smh. I need to do better!

VictoriousBrownFlower

I'm thinking about making my own dc's from now on. I have all the ingredients so why not. Who woulda thought I'd become a diyer? When I wash my hair this wk I'm going to dc with banana avocado aloe vera gel honey coconut milk yogurt powder and my herb infused oil. Lets see what happens.

VictoriousBrownFlower

The protein treatment i did last wk seemed to have done the trick. My shedding is back to normal.

I didn't have a banana (someone ate it) so just made a dc with avocado coconut milk powder aloe vera gel my herbal oil infusion and honey. My hair feels and looks great. Shiny and defined. My was and go came out bomb and dried in 3 hrs(thanks to my fan).

GettingKinky

I have always been too lazy to deep condition my hair. At most I would do a dry DC overnight before I washed my hair.

I wonder if I should give DCing a try. But I just can’t see myself doing it on a regular basis. Adding 30-60 minutes to my wash day is not at all appealing.

Maybe I could do it during my mid week wash when I wear a damp bun to work. I could DC alll day in my bun.

What are some of your favorite DCs?

ckisland

I had such a wash day 2 nights ago!! I figured out how to make those CD products work. I dry detangled with the condish, the washed with the poo. Guess who ended up with super soft hair!! I t-shirt dried my hair then added the tonic spray and a small amount Okay sorbet. I think that the sorbet left my hair a little dry. Then I used to foam wrap to do a braid n'curl with thicker perm rods! Came out excellent :clap:!!! I had so much definition and smoothness.

I may have found a way to skip the blow drying step when I flatiron.
I may be flatironing my hair this week to find out :hide:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
You Botoxed your hair?? How does that work? I am intrigued.

Forgive me if this is something everyone knows about, I live under a rock lol

LOL it's not a popular thing at all. But I was looking for relaxer alternatives and found what I was looking for. I would say Hair Botox and Tanninoplasty are in the Brazilian Keratin Treatment family.

Hair Botox makes my hair looser and smoother but it reverts over time.

Tanninoplasty makes the hair much straighter and lasts much longer.

Mitzi

Transitioning with temporary relaxing:

My shipment comes today from overseas from 2 weeks ago but I wish I had just ordered the' botox' one. It's truly what I was looking for but I got ansy and clicked 'order' too soon. So, I got the 'selagem' and non-formaldehyde 'progressiva.'

oneastrocurlie

I have always been too lazy to deep condition my hair. At most I would do a dry DC overnight before I washed my hair.

I wonder if I should give DCing a try. But I just can’t see myself doing it on a regular basis. Adding 30-60 minutes to my wash day is not at all appealing.

Maybe I could do it during my mid week wash when I wear a damp bun to work. I could DC alll day in my bun.

What are some of your favorite DCs?

Mielles Organics babassu oil and mint and the rosemary one
Eden bodyworks split end repair
Soultanicals afrotastic (or something like that)
Also like SSI Passionfruit one

Lita

@GettingKinky Hi! My go to Dc’s are-
The Mane Choice”Heavenly Halo” mask
The Mane Choice”Egyptian Antidote”mask
The Mane Choice-“Hair Growth Boosting” kit
Natures Ego-Fenugreek
SSI-Mask Dc’s
Curls and Potions”Chebe Hydration”mask
Curls and Potions”Deep Repair”mask
Soultincals-Green Dc mask
Bekura Beauty-“Leche De Babasu”mask
Curl Dynasty”Pumpkin Mint” mask

DIY-
Pumpkin/Aloe dc
Avocado/Coconut cream dc
Hibiscus/Marshmallow root dc
Goat Milk/Fenugreek dc

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lissa0821

I think two weeks is my sweet spot with my mini twist. They were soft and all I needed to do was moisturize every few days. I took it out for a twistout for week three, and my hair got very dry after 3 days. I am sticking with mini twists for the remainder of the spring and summer.

GettingKinky

I think two weeks is my sweet spot with my mini twist. They were soft and all I needed to do was moisturize every few days. I took it out for a twistout for week three, and my hair got very dry after 3 days. I am sticking with mini twists for the remainder of the spring and summer.

I’m starting to realize this. My hair doesn’t like being out. :-(