Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

GettingKinky

Is it acceptable to break up with my long term (over 10 years) stylist via text or do I need to call?

I really like her, but I moved away (60+ minutes in traffic) and she doesn’t style natural hair. I only go to her for color now and the drive seems like a lot now that I’m not texlaxed or getting my hair flat ironed.

oneastrocurlie

That seems wrong. I feel like I have to at least let her know I won’t be back

I suppose. I stylist hop if necessary and am not loyal to any one particular person if they can't do my hair anymore. If she's like a friend friend, like you talk outside of the salon, then sure. It would come up in natural conversation. If not, idk.

I guess it's more of a know your person thing. Long as she's not going to be in her feelings about it. If you haven't seen her in a while might be kinda strange to call or text seemingly out the blue to say you aren't coming back.

GettingKinky

I suppose. I stylist hop if necessary and am not loyal to any one particular person if they can't do my hair anymore. If she's like a friend friend, like you talk outside of the salon, then sure. It would come up in natural conversation. If not, idk.

I guess it's more of a know your person thing. Long as she's not going to be in her feelings about it. If you haven't seen her in a while might be kinda strange to call or text seemingly out the blue to say you aren't coming back.

I’ve been seeing her every 6-8 weeks for 10+ years, but she has other clients that come every 1-2 weeks so she won’t really miss me that much, but I have to say something. I’m just a wimp and don’t want to say it to her face during my appointment today.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I’ve been seeing her every 6-8 weeks for 10+ years, but she has other clients that come every 1-2 weeks so she won’t really miss me that much, but I have to say something. I’m just a wimp and don’t want to say it to her face during my appointment today.
i'd text her. Its a business so i'm sure she would understand that she can't supply your needs anymore as a natural head.

GettingKinky

Is it acceptable to break up with my long term (over 10 years) stylist via text or do I need to call?

I really like her, but I moved away (60+ minutes in traffic) and she doesn’t style natural hair. I only go to her for color now and the drive seems like a lot now that I’m not texlaxed or getting my hair flat ironed.

It’s like she knows I want to break up with her. At least 3 times during my appointment yesterday she said “next time when you come”

I wimped out and made another appointment.