Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

MzSwift

View attachment 449279 48 hours later and the sleekness is gone. Sleek shot was no match for this Houston humidity. My hair is still pretty soft, just really textured at the roots and in the nape.

Good thing I like volume!! I put a braid in the front on each side to help with my edges.

Aww man. Thanks for the update!

The same thing happened to me with the Chi Thermal Care System. My roots poofed up the very next day after wrapping overnight. I'm trying to find a good thermal straightening kit that isn't a full BKT.

FadingDelilah

I'm not even interested in my real hair anymore. :lachen:I feel like I've broken free of an abuser. No more!!! From here on I will see you a few times a year, ooh and ahh over how long you've gotten, then be mad at you during the few and far between wash day detangling session, and then back into crochet braids. I'm done with you. Into the land of faketry I go. :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Aww man. Thanks for the update!

The same thing happened to me with the Chi Thermal Care System. My roots poofed up the very next day after wrapping overnight. I'm trying to find a good thermal straightening kit that isn't a full BKT.
I’m in the same boat. My bkt has worn off and I can’t take the fumes anymore. I wish I could find a short term, more gentle product that blocks frizz for like a month.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’ve been on this board for a long daggone time and my hair never gets longer than collarbone. You know what gets me?

Laziness.

Every stinking time. No matter what texture it is. I want long hair, it’s just life gets me so dang-on much. I’ve just been surviving. Hopefully I can get it together before I’m 40 which is rapidly approaching.

Now a little laziness is good, I just seem to take it overboard. After all this time, I still can’t find my balance. I’m either not doing enough, or doing too much lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
7FD0F9D5-ED40-4266-AF61-65FD7808A9D7.jpeg 6FEC6858-67E9-4495-8AD0-0057582478DC.jpeg Wow. My hair has a hint of pink/red and it’s so soft!! I lost very little hair detangling today and it's probably because of my new Garnier sleek shot. My hair is instantly smoother out of the shower. It straightens better, lasts longer and I can probably replace my bkt with this since it’s gentle , inexpensive and works so well.

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

View attachment 449475 View attachment 449479 Wow. My hair has a hint of pink/red and it’s so soft!! I lost very little hair detangling today and it's probably because of my new Garnier sleek shot. My hair is instantly smoother out of the shower. It straightens better, lasts longer and I can probably replace my bkt with this since it’s gentle , inexpensive and works so well.
Awwww u look so cute with the glasses!!!!!!

GettingKinky

I was just on a cruise and there were soooo many black people. A majority of the women had some type of braid extension.

I used to have a very strong bias towards women wearing their own hair (and I still LOVE seeing that), but I’ve grown to appreciate braid extensions. When done well, they look really nice.

Last edited: