Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Platinum

I was supposed to retwist my locs last night. I shampoo'd, conditioned, and deep conditioned. Unfortunately, I fell asleep with a head full of creamy DC.:wallbash:

DC+ locs=lots of rinsing. :nono:

nerdography

I get my hair BC this upcoming Saturday and I’m ready. I’m so tired to dealing with two textures.

I also watched a video on how to cornrow, because I want to do a crochet mini twist install after I take my jumbo twist out. I think I finally understand how to do it.

ckisland

Why do I keep coloring my gray streaks? Ughh!!!:pullhair:

I see so many others with beautiful gray streaks. I'm having trouble embracing mine. I need to stop the madness!:freakout:
I have a good number of gray hairs in the front (especially considering that I'm only 31). I think that they're cool and look like Christmas tinsel! I got a compliment from someone younger who thought that my hair was so pretty with the gray streaks. She assumed that they were dyed though :laugh: :laugh:

Melaninme

I have a good number of gray hairs in the front (especially considering that I'm only 31). I think that they're cool and look like Christmas tinsel! I got a compliment from someone younger who thought that my hair was so pretty with the gray streaks. She assumed that they were dyed though :laugh: :laugh:
Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I'm encouraged by your post.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’ll try a different technique this wash day. I’ll prepoo, wash and finish with an ace rinse. If that doesn’t help with shine Idk what will. I greased my scalp with Monistat last night. I’m on the grow. We only have a few more weeks this year to make something happen.

nerdography

I ran out of my usual DC, Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Walmart didn’t have any left, so I got Eden’s Jojoba Monoi DC. My hair loves it. Three days after wash day and my hair is still super moisturized.

And I have three more days until my big chop. I think I’m going to cut most of it off myself and then go to the salon and have them shape it.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I'm on a personal challenge to let my hair grow as long as I can handle. With my shrinkage, using nl, sl, bsl, etc as measuring points is futile. When it gets to the point where I'm happy with the shape and wash day isn't 3 and 4 hours, I'll keep it there.

I think wash and gos and occasional protective styles will get me there.

GettingKinky

I'm on a personal challenge to let my hair grow as long as I can handle. With my shrinkage, using nl, sl, bsl, etc as measuring points is futile. When it gets to the point where I'm happy with the shape and wash day isn't 3 and 4 hours, I'll keep it there.

I think wash and gos and occasional protective styles will get me there.

What shape are you aiming for?

nerdography

Tomorrow is the big day, and I’m nervous. I haven’t had my hair this short since sophomore year of college in 2003.

I already know my hair will look a lot better this time around, because I know about DC, leave ins, shingling, and stylers.

The first time I big chop my hair stayed dry and matted. I detangled my hair with no conditioner and I never used leave in. It was bad :cantlook: :nono::lachen:

I’m glad times have changed and I know what I’m doing now.

ckisland

I know that I did not catch my hair tangling when I took out my flattwists!!!! And I found a ssk! No, ma'am. We are not about that life :naughty: :naughty: . This hair's getting flatironed tomorrow!!