Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I realize that box braiding is not my ministry. I have 16 braids and I’ve been working on them for 3 days. I still have 4 left. By the time I finish those it’s gonna be time to take the front ones down :ohwell: :lachen: I wish my hair was long enough to put it in less sections. They are (mostly) waist length braids. Anywhoo, my Dyson came yesterday.

Mapleoats

I turned the Dyson on and I got scared a little bit. It’s so loud, and it felt like it was about to shoot off like a rocket ship and take me with it. :abducted::lachen: I’m actually kinda scared to use it now lmao.
Oh yes. The sweet sound of dyson. Like music to my ears. :laugh:

but in all seriousness I absolutely can NOT use that thing without headphones in. Like seriously dyson?? The sound you make is God awful but when I’m done with you my hair looks like it was touched by Jesus Himself LOL.

Theresamonet

I realize that box braiding is not my ministry. I have 16 braids and I’ve been working on them for 3 days. I still have 4 left. By the time I finish those it’s gonna be time to take the front ones down :ohwell: :lachen: I wish my hair was long enough to put it in less sections. They are (mostly) waist length braids. Anywhoo, my Dyson came yesterday.

I once went on vacation with my box braids half done. I did the perimeter, and just gave up when I got to the middle. I made a high pony and flew to Disney World. Lol

I’m actually good at doing them. It just takes me sooo long. I think this summer I’m going to try doing knotless. That seems like it will be quicker for me.

Theresamonet

I turned the Dyson on and I got scared a little bit. It’s so loud, and it felt like it was about to shoot off like a rocket ship and take me with it. :abducted::lachen: I’m actually kinda scared to use it now lmao.
Oh yes. The sweet sound of dyson. Like music to my ears. :laugh:

but in all seriousness I absolutely can NOT use that thing without headphones in. Like seriously dyson?? The sound you make is God awful but when I’m done with you my hair looks like it was touched by Jesus Himself LOL.

I’ve never felt that it was that loud, or at least not louder than a regular blow dryer. I guess I would say the sound it makes is more high pitched.

Is it louder than the Revair?

Mapleoats

I’ve never felt that it was that loud, or at least not louder than a regular blow dryer. I guess I would say the sound it makes is more high pitched.

Yes it’s not the loudness for me it’s the pitch. Something at that pitch shouldn’t be that close to my ears lol

I’m not sure if it’s louder than the revair. Probably not. But even so the revair sound is more tolerable to me

Iwanthealthyhair67

What’s wrong?

a few things; I'm 4b texture and I cant seem to find a moisturizer, everything turns my hair hard and I'm vertually gray but have been self coloring for many years. Lately because of the grays I end up with two-three colors tones which makes me look older.

Because of the 'hard' texture I can't keep my hands out of it, I'm always twisting and twirling and finding hair balls that I keep popping off, so to prevent myself from going bald I'm thinking about going back to the creamy crack.

ItsMeLilLucky

I have the Revair, but I haven’t used it in a while, and it’s in storage so I don’t even remember what it sounds like.

ItsMeLilLucky

a few things; I'm 4b texture and I cant seem to find a moisturizer, everything turns my hair hard and I'm vertually gray but have been self coloring for many years. Lately because of the grays I end up with two-three colors tones which makes me look older.

Because of the 'hard' texture I can't keep my hands out of it, I'm always twisting and twirling and finding hair balls that I keep popping off, so to prevent myself from going bald I'm thinking about going back to the creamy crack
It sounds like you’re really low porosity. What do you use to moisturize and seal your head? How often are you moisturizing? And what what and how often are you washing?

ItsMeLilLucky

Coconut oil is evil for low porosity hair and that’s my own thoughts.
I hate it. Left in.
If it’s in the top five ingredients I don’t use it. For anything that has to be left in

What works for me is No Shea butter. No aloe or coconut oil in the top five ingredients. @Iwanthealthyhair67
Yeah coconut oil doesn’t work for my hair either. However I do like Shea butter and aloe. I HATE. HATE. products with soybean oil in them. They make my hair hard.

ItsMeLilLucky

I am washing once per week because of the color washes out
daily I use aunt jackie's/s-curl seal with amla or coconut oils
What products from Aunt Jackie are you using? As for the s-curl, do you live in a humid area or more of a dry area? Sometimes glycerin sucks if you live in a dry area. It’ll take the moisture from your hair and put it in the air. That’s why personally don’t use products with glycerin high up in the ingredient list. I don’t have time to be checking the dew points before I use a hair product. I like to use a spray leave in and a cream leave in to moisturize and to seal I like castor oil or Shea Nilotica.