Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I wanted to do my nails this weekend, but you can't see the parts in my braids anymore, so I feel like I should tend to that instead. :lol:
This install has held up really well though, the braids themselves still look neat.
Hopefully, I can unbraid, shampoo and deep condition tomorrow after work, and then throw them back up in braids on Saturday.
And maybe still be able to squeeze in my nails for Sunday.

the Mo'nique bonnet thread made me remember this, click on link below

Now In Stock – You Go Natural

I have a few of these of these pre-tied headwraps with the satin lining that are just great for protective styling

View attachment 474479View attachment 474481

I have to get me some of these. I recently switched jobs and the new place requires video for almost every meeting.
I'm like bro, aren't you tired of seeing me, tf.
I've been wearing my hair in braids, so I pretty much just keep it in a bun under my bonnet, but this would come in handy for when I'm back to my natural hair again. I'm not taking out my sleeping twists for them people, idc. :lol:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I wanted to do my nails this weekend, but you can't see the parts in my braids anymore, so I feel like I should tend to that instead. :lol:
This install has held up really well though, the braids themselves still look neat.
Hopefully, I can unbraid, shampoo and deep condition tomorrow after work, and then throw them back up in braids on Saturday.
And maybe still be able to squeeze in my nails for Sunday.

I have to get me some of these. I recently switched jobs and the new place requires video for almost every meeting.
I'm like bro, aren't you tired of seeing me, tf.
I've been wearing my hair in braids, so I pretty much just keep it in a bun under my bonnet, but this would come in handy for when I'm back to my natural hair again. I'm not taking out my sleeping twists for them people, idc. :lol:

they are really come in handy, they have turbans too for longer hair, I'm off to snap up the camo one before it goes out of stock again.

Mapleoats

I need to practice styling my hair. The only style that I can reliably do and make it cute are twist outs. I’m going to a wedding today and I didn’t want to wear a twist out so I tried a flexi rod set, then turned it into beach waves with.l a braid out. It looks cute but meh. Idk how it will hold up.

GettingKinky

I need to practice styling my hair. The only style that I can reliably do and make it cute are twist outs. I’m going to a wedding today and I didn’t want to wear a twist out so I tried a flexi rod set, then turned it into beach waves with.l a braid out. It looks cute but meh. Idk how it will hold up.
I’m sure it looks great! What did you use to set it?

KenyafromCT

Someone actually commented on your edges??? What is wrong with people?:burnup:
What I don’t understand is how we are supposed to be embracing our natural hair… how it grows out of our head yet they still want the edges to be European. Make it make sense. Pretty pleaaaassseee? We continue to show our colonization. Ugh. It’s embarrassing actually. It’s akin to face bleaching.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm really like my braids, only problem is may nape is so short the braids came out in the second week of my getting it braided. I'd be mortified if one dropped out at work or while I'm out and about.

Mapleoats

Today I detangled, shampood, and deep conditioned in 50 minutes flat. I think that’s a new PB for me haha. I’ll wash out the DC and twist up my hair tmrw. If I can do that in 50 minutes as well I might just cry tears of joy lol. Idk who’s hair is on my head right now being so manageable but I hope she stays :pray:

GettingKinky

My favorite protein conditioner (Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair) has keratin, but now they changed the formula :-(

Does anyone have a conditioner with keratin that they really like?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
It took me two years to grow J’s hair to just about MBL. When we cut his hair two years ago it was APL
We cut it to the quick and here he is approaching WL.

What in cheese crackers ??? Do I really have to keep my hair in twists for three weeks at a time? That’s all I do. Granted ,Covid allowed me To have him looking crazy with the fuzzies because he wasn’t going anywhere but I only touch it when it starts to look insanely fuzzy.

Attachments

• CB007444-C3FF-4A5A-871D-2256C94D588A.jpeg
    CB007444-C3FF-4A5A-871D-2256C94D588A.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 25

KenyafromCT

It took me two years to grow J’s hair to just about MBL. When we cut his hair two years ago it was APL
We cut it to the quick and here he is approaching WL.

What in cheese crackers ??? Do I really have to keep my hair in twists for three weeks at a time? That’s all I do. Granted ,Covid allowed me To have him looking crazy with the fuzzies because he wasn’t going anywhere but I only touch it when it starts to look insanely fuzzy.
Excellent. Does he pre poo? Wrap at night? Take any vitamins or MSM/biotin?

oneastrocurlie

My favorite protein conditioner (Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair) has keratin, but now they changed the formula :-(

Does anyone have a conditioner with keratin that they really like?

I think Komaza is still in business. I used to cheat and mix this with a non protein DC instead of using this and then following up with a non protein DC. I haven't purchased in a while but thought about it when I heard Briogeo committed blasphemy changing that formula.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I can't believe all the money I spent on vitamins and expensive hair products for the past decade and the one thing that has helped me retain growth the fastest is HAIR GREASE!!!

SERIOUSLY!

My hair is now at hip length 4 months after reaching waist length again, and I have a few strands trying to claim BCL!

Are you kidding me!? I want my money back!
I love me some hair grease right along with some Shea butter. It took some trial and error, but I realized I was using too much fornicating grease. Really all I need is a half finger tip full if I’m moisturizing and sealing individual braids/twists, and a whole fingertip full if I’m doing an entire section. It’s funny because I’m notoriously heavy handed when comes to products. It works great with Care Free Curl and APB murumuru cream as well, but I haven’t tried the TGIN green tea with it yet. I spray water first, (Care Free Curl is optional), APB Murumuru, then a little dab (barely enough to cover half the tip) of grease. This is an excellent summer combo for me.

I didn’t mean to write so much, I just got so excited :lachen:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’m probably gonna use the APB Murumuru Honey cream forevahhh. My hair is friggin obsessed with it, probably more than the TGIN Green Tea. It’s so versatile, it works with grease, oil, and butter. Now I don’t know if it’s because it’s summer time, and that’s why it works so well, but I’m gonna give it a go once it gets colder outside.