Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

GettingKinky

in a pinch body lotion is a great moisturizer/ styler. i was in the mental hospital for the past few wks and they didnt have anything to use on my hair except body wash shampoo combo... so i used their body lotion for a leave in styler detangler and curl creme.... my hair looked great considering but it causes serious build up
My mom used to use body lotion on my hair when I was little.

I hope you’re feeling better, mental health is everything.

SmilingElephant

I love me some hair grease right along with some Shea butter. It took some trial and error, but I realized I was using too much fornicating grease. Really all I need is a half finger tip full if I’m moisturizing and sealing individual braids/twists, and a whole fingertip full if I’m doing an entire section. It’s funny because I’m notoriously heavy handed when comes to products. It works great with Care Free Curl and APB murumuru cream as well, but I haven’t tried the TGIN green tea with it yet. I spray water first, (Care Free Curl is optional), APB Murumuru, then a little dab (barely enough to cover half the tip) of grease. This is an excellent summer combo for me.

I didn’t mean to write so much, I just got so excited :lachen:
But why you said "fornicating grease" like we sinning? :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Yes, I find that grease works great on damp hair and right after the moisturizer and put your hair away for 3 months!! OMG!

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I discovered I’m gonna need someone to do part of the work if I want human hair faux locs
:lachen:
I don’t have it in me. I thought I did, but naw baby.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
It’s been maybe 2-3 days (honestly idk lol) and that little test section still feels soft and moisturized. Maybe I should do a different section to see if it still works the same. I need to try the crown since it’s the most tight, but I wouldn’t be able to see it, only feel it :lol:

abioni

Had crochet faux locs installed on Wednesday and it's itchy as hell. I forgot to clean the faux locs hair with vinegar before install. What can I do to stop the itch? I sprayed my scalp with African Royal braids spray and it normally works but it's not helping much. I just sprayed it again this morning hoping it works the second time around.

oneastrocurlie

Had crochet faux locs installed on Wednesday and it's itchy as hell. I forgot to clean the faux locs hair with vinegar before install. What can I do to stop the itch? I sprayed my scalp with African Royal braids spray and it normally works but it's not helping much. I just sprayed it again this morning hoping it works the second time around.

You can wash and condition using diluted shampoo and conditioner in a spray or squeeze bottle. Should be fine to get the faux locs wet.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My keratin treatment took me from 4b to 3c. The manageability is great. I just blow dried it and ironed it last night. Honestly I could’ve just detangled and worn the blown out look. The fumes and stuff were rough, so I may only get this once a year

VictoriousBrownFlower

Hope youre feeling better lady @VictoriousBrownFlower
much better than i was... i had a really bad episode to be honest with my mania but they put me on lithium and its working well along with smoking weed to relax me... i be on like 100 at all times... my goal is to not go back to the hospital because its like jail honestly/ at least since covid it is. its an insanusilum

VictoriousBrownFlower

My mom used to use body lotion on my hair when I was little.

I hope you’re feeling better, mental health is everything.
ir Really is.... i went through alot growing up in the bronx... i lived on gun hill by jerome ave if anyone knows where that is and it was a tough life... i was a latchkey kid by the 2nd grade because my parents needed to work... by junior high things started going downhill for me... i've been having flashbacks that i blocked out since my dad died almost 3 yrs ago.... i forgot all about my life in ny once i moved to va. those flashbacks and stuff ended up getting the best of me because i wasn't getting therapy for the severe trauma i went through and just started remembering so i went in the hospital.... i dont know if anyone from richmond va is here but i went to tucker pavillion thats run by cjw....that use to be my spot but its terrible now... since covid it musta changed management or something because its like jail. tucker was one of the best mental health facilities in va but now they send people from central there. they be doing time or have done time... alot of them are druggies. the nurses are racisttt as ****. yo i swear they are full of gay men like in jail... the *****es wanted to fight me. especially those south side *****es... i fought one and then the one i fought and another one wanted to jump me... i dont like fighting but i can fight and knocked the girl i had a fight with out... thats why she wanted to fight me with another southside *****... the only reason these little girls wanted to fight me was because they are from the southside and i'm from the bx. they thought they were more thorough than me because they live in a bad area of richmond.

i'm sorry for rambling guys i'm just pissed about my experience in the hospital... i had to vent a min. its just been a tough 3 wks.

GettingKinky

ir Really is.... i went through alot growing up in the bronx... i lived on gun hill by jerome ave if anyone knows where that is and it was a tough life... i was a latchkey kid by the 2nd grade because my parents needed to work... by junior high things started going downhill for me... i've been having flashbacks that i blocked out since my dad died almost 3 yrs ago.... i forgot all about my life in ny once i moved to va. those flashbacks and stuff ended up getting the best of me because i wasn't getting therapy for the severe trauma i went through and just started remembering so i went in the hospital.... i dont know if anyone from richmond va is here but i went to tucker pavillion thats run by cjw....that use to be my spot but its terrible now... since covid it musta changed management or something because its like jail. tucker was one of the best mental health facilities in va but now they send people from central there. they be doing time or have done time... alot of them are druggies. the nurses are racisttt as ****. yo i swear they are full of gay men like in jail... the *****es wanted to fight me. especially those south side *****es... i fought one and then the one i fought and another one wanted to jump me... i dont like fighting but i can fight and knocked the girl i had a fight with out... thats why she wanted to fight me with another southside *****... the only reason these little girls wanted to fight me was because they are from the southside and i'm from the bx. they thought they were more thorough than me because they live in a bad area of richmond.

i'm sorry for rambling guys i'm just pissed about my experience in the hospital... i had to vent a min. its just been a tough 3 wks.
:bighug:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
cool so u know how the bx is.... not really the best of places to grow up but its normal to u because its all u know... I think i was east 231sr near woodlawn cemetary.. honesly i miss ny and plan to visit asap.
I had a great childhood growing up in the Bronx. Moved there in 86. Only three houses on our block. Nothing but trees. Small families. Everyone knew each other. Loved it. Left in 8th grade though.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I had a great childhood growing up in the Bronx. Moved there in 86. Only three houses on our block. Nothing but trees. Small families. Everyone knew each other. Loved it. Left in 8th grade though.
i had a good life too... my elementary school was right across the street from me. I had friends and stuff but the older u get the worse the scene gets for us women. my parents worked all the time so i was a latchkey kid by the second grade. what could they do they needed to pay the bills etc... my dad was the super of my building and the exact duplicate building on 3535 kings college place. it was an awesome area. My dad kept those two buildings up like new... they even had a little park attached. all the kids in the building would play in there. it was locked too so only people that lived there could get in with a key... it was a nice area,

SmilingElephant

much better than i was... i had a really bad episode to be honest with my mania but they put me on lithium and its working well along with smoking weed to relax me... i be on like 100 at all times... my goal is to not go back to the hospital because its like jail honestly/ at least since covid it is. its an insanusilum
Baaaabay! Listen here! Along with your meds (I'm on lithium too and another pill) please make sure you sleep 6-8 hours every night, avoid ANYTHING that overwhelms you, cut off anything toxic to you ..ppl love to label us ppl with Bipolar as toxic and don't realize that they're sparking manic and depressive episodes with THEIR negativity.

It's a whole lifestyle change. I pray you find your balance bc it is SO hard! :hug2: Hang in there soldier!

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Y’all ever seen the movie Slow Burn with Mehki Phifer, LL Cool J, and Chiwetel Ejiofor? Baaaby,
Rachel Dolezal has absolutely NOTHING on her(her being the “transracial” character). Just treacherous. Those braids looked so strange on her. I have to give it to her, she was definitely thorough. But those braids :rolleyes:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Baaaabay! Listen here! Along with your meds (I'm on lithium too and another pill) please make sure you sleep 6-8 hours every night, avoid ANYTHING that overwhelms you, cut off anything toxic to you ..ppl love to label us ppl with Bipolar as toxic and don't realize that they're sparking manic and depressive episodes with THEIR negativity.

It's a whole lifestyle change. I pray you find your balance bc it is SO hard! :hug2: Hang in there soldier!
oh u bet i am quick to dead people (family or otherwise) that don't add to my life but instead constantly take. I have that issue with my sister and now that i'm in my own place i don't talk to her like that. She swears someone needs her. The lithium is actually amazing... i have a tendency to have huuuuggggggeeeeee amounts of energy all the time and it calms me frfr... i love it