Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I need to cut the hair spending out. I am going to try for a no buy for the month of February. I can't keep buying at the rate I am and not using product. I am going to try and do a full wash day every week and see if I can use up some products. I have so much gel its unbelievable!

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I need to cut the hair spending out. I am going to try for a no buy for the month of February. I can't keep buying at the rate I am and not using product. I am going to try and do a full wash day every week and see if I can use up some products. I have so much gel its unbelievable!
I feel this way about wigs like you don’t even like being on camera that much at work so you just collecting.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I tried to do my crochet braids without cornrows but my hair and scalp would not let a chick be great, so cornrows it is lmao

ItsMeLilLucky

When they said micro braids, they really meant micro. :lol:
I didn't feel like editing but I'm glad they're crochet micro braids lol. I bought 20 packs but the shipping was :nono: :perplexed: due to the nature of how they're made, I'll probably have no problems washing them, and I might not have to buy any for a while, but I just might anyway because you know how these companies act.

I'm thinking that they can be hot water dipped, but I might have to experiment. My little heathen is a big fan of them, so I tied some to the door for her, but she still tried to get mine little stinker :lachen:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I haven't got a trim since July. I know I'm a few months overdue. I'll get as much growth before then that way I don't notice the trim. I'm using hair growth co rice water leave in on my scalp. It smells so good. I use the oil occasionally, but that doesn't smell good at all.

ItsMeLilLucky

I have to stop trying to cut corners lol. It always takes me longer when I do that. Now I have to take down my hair and redo it, but for now I'm gonna wear a headwrap. I'll try it again tomorrow lmao

ItsMeLilLucky

I need to take a break from doing hair. I'm putting in some mini braids with no discernable parts outside the main parts I made, and I'm going to wrap some hair around them. I may or may not let them loc. I am gonna make sure my edges look somewhat presentable, because it would probably bother me :lol:

Royalq

currently using rice water along with fenugreek pills, hair skin and nails pills, and iron. I feel like the rice water is helping alot actually. I have an inch of growth on my crown for the month of January, my average growth is 0.3 inch/month. But the growth seems to be relative to the growth of that area of my head if that makes sense. Like my crown always grows the most, it always grows the 0.3 so it grew an inch, but areas like my nape always grow very slowly so while there is growth there its not an inch.
So im challenging myself to try and use a rice water spray everyday on my scalp for February to see how much I can get in a month. Im excited because Ive been a LHCFer for over 10 years and have tried soooooo many growth aides and my hair always only gave me 0.3 a month. I half didnt think rice water would do anything but i figured since i dont have to buy anything and my hair loves protein anyways so why not. And there was so much evidence online of it working for people.
I wonder if i can solidify 12 inches this year??

Napp

Ms. Nobody
currently using rice water along with fenugreek pills, hair skin and nails pills, and iron. I feel like the rice water is helping alot actually. I have an inch of growth on my crown for the month of January, my average growth is 0.3 inch/month. But the growth seems to be relative to the growth of that area of my head if that makes sense. Like my crown always grows the most, it always grows the 0.3 so it grew an inch, but areas like my nape always grow very slowly so while there is growth there its not an inch.
So im challenging myself to try and use a rice water spray everyday on my scalp for February to see how much I can get in a month. Im excited because Ive been a LHCFer for over 10 years and have tried soooooo many growth aides and my hair always only gave me 0.3 a month. I half didnt think rice water would do anything but i figured since i dont have to buy anything and my hair loves protein anyways so why not. And there was so much evidence online of it working for people.
I wonder if i can solidify 12 inches this year??
Keep us posted! I was trying to shoot for and inch per month too but I can't seem to figure out a way to get past .5 in a month or less but I'm not sure if my hair isn't growing that fast or if I'm having alot of breakage.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
No one:

Me: ok I'm ready to take these braids down...

I almost made it to 3 weeks. These growth aids have me outchea looking fuzzy. Too bad the weather is crappy this week. I'd get a blowout. I'll just take these down, shampoo, dc and throw the wig back on.

Royalq

Keep us posted! I was trying to shoot for and inch per month too but I can't seem to figure out a way to get past .5 in a month or less but I'm not sure if my hair isn't growing that fast or if I'm having alot of breakage.
Have you ever done braids or a weave? Did your hair grow doing that?

yeah im careful with it because the rice water seems to be drying my hair out. So im only applying it to my roots now and upping my deep conditioning to twice a weeks and twice weekly baggying. There's no point in growing 1 inch a month if your hair is so try its snapping and breaking off and the same rate.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Would you listen to a youtuber that talks about natural hair but wears a wig?(of all textures) I'm trying to see how I can make these YouTube streets work for me but I don't want to give up my wigs
Yes. Especially if she is knowledgeable. Wigs are a protective style. No judgment here. I wear them too. Ain't nobody got time to tussle with these 4b kinks everyday