Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

likeacharm

Am I the only one around here that loves CD Monoi repair shampoo and hair mask? I hate the other CD products that I've tried, but I'm so glad I gave these new products a chance. I've been using them all summer and they have helped my hair recover from my neglect and use of the tangle teaser this past spring. I've never have one product significantly increase both moisture and strength in my hair. The hair mask also makes my new growth easier to comb and less prone to tangle. These are staples for me now.

shasha8685

Earrings just may be the best thing to ever happen to my buns!

I had been feeling plain Jane-ish since I've been bunning and I'm finding that it's due to lack of accessorizing.

Who knew?

cocosweet

Last night for the first time, I successfully cornrowed my own hair. Completely utilitarian style to allow for greater ease of sulfur mix application. The parts are wonky because my combs were MIA and had to use my fingers. But the braids are lying flat. Yay!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hello ladies~just briefly stopping by to see how everyone is doing.

Myjourney2009 - it's time for your TU already?? Wow, time has flown right on by.

Aireen and Myjourney2009 - I've been lazy lately also. My weekly washing has slipped to about an 1.5 week average. If I'm being super lazy, I won't wash until I see an increase in shedding or my scalp gets itchy.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Ugh! Co-washing is always so hit and miss with me. What gives?! Just when I think I've figured out what my hair likes for cowashing it changes its mind :rolleyes: my hair ends up feeling coated and gumy and I have to shampoo and DC anyway....I've been going to the beach more often, I'd like to not have to shampoo my hair so much...I'll keep trying.

Aireen

Hello ladies~just briefly stopping by to see how everyone is doing.

Myjourney2009 - it's time for your TU already?? Wow, time has flown right on by.

Aireen and Myjourney2009 - I've been lazy lately also. My weekly washing has slipped to about an 1.5 week average. If I'm being super lazy, I won't wash until I see an increase in shedding or my scalp gets itchy.

Nah, I'm not even bothering to wait, divachyk. That's why I washed, I made a blog post on what I wanted to improve on until my next relaxer and treating myscalp better was one. I have to wash before it itches. :grin:

NikkiQ

I'm actually looking forward to getting an install done. I need a break from my hair for a while. Obsessing over it lately and the lack of growth is starting to consume a little bit too much of my time. Hiding it may just be what the doctor ordered for me :yep:

belldandy

okay so drenching my hair in coconut oil every night is a winner. It is like a baggy/ghe every day, which has softened up my new growth. in the morning when I rinse my hair for a co-wash, it is an oil rinse as well. i don't even have to de-tangle, the water and oil does that for me. if I decide to shampoo, well my pre-poo is already on my hair. i hope i can get similar results with other oils. if not, i will definitely keep buying coconut oil.

Damaged but not out

My mud wash is in my hair, about to go wash it out( left it in for 45 mins)

My leave in is made ( aloe,flax,slippery elm plus eo's)

tea rinse ready to be administered

Its been a good mixing day.

Aireen

Okay I tried the Roux and it's good. Not something I'd keep permanently, maybe something I'll buy at times when I feel like my hair really needs something a bit... different. It's not great on its own but I think it'll be awesome combined with another conditioner or as a followup. I wanted to use the two I tried out on their own before I ruled them out to be combined with something. Next wash I'll use them after Silk Elements or Silk Dreams if the package comes. Excited! :woot: I don't know when I'll get around to using the Roux Mendex though... :look:

Embyra

I really want to try alot of these natural brands but they arent readily avaliable here and if they are there is always a price hike along with shipping :nono:

forget that going to start making my own stuff yup

Last edited:

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I chickened out and didnt get that trim last week...will try again on Sat..last time I got a "trim" I lost 4 inches on the left, 2 on the right...now that it has grown out, Im ready to have nice blunt ends

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

newnyer

Good news: Think I'm getting a touch up tomorrow so no more fighting with NG. Might even get my first texlax.

Bad news: All I can think about is scratching my darn scalp. I just washed you this weekend! I know it's all in my head! You don't really itch!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I feel like relaxing. I won't though. Even if I do end this transition, I want to be at least 1 yr post.

divachyk

I just want to publicly thank Myjourney2009 for reminding me that protein is not my enemy and for introducing to Millcreek Biotin. Love that stuff! I used it tonight to moisturize. :lick:

belldandy, beautiful hair in your siggy.

Aireen, I need to establish a real blog but just don't feel that I have enough time to mess with it.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I just want to publicly thank Myjourney2009 for reminding me that protein is not my enemy and for introducing to Millcreek Biotin. Love that stuff! I used it tonight to moisturize. :lick:

belldandy, beautiful hair in your siggy.

Aireen, I need to establish a real blog but just don't feel that I have enough time to mess with it.

divachyk
I'm glad it is working for you. I wish others would understand that just because protein is in a product does not mean that it has to be followed up with hrs long DC's. The little bit of protein helps the hair stay balanced.

For my dd's hair I switch btwn the Millcreek Biotin and Keratin as LEAVE-ins

divachyk

Myjourney2009 - I joked a few days ago that I'm turning into a human, becoming normal again since I'm not being focusing on all things hair. :giggle: You're up to 35 blog entries? Gone giryal.