Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I may have to find a beanie to wear tomorrow because I don't think I will finish taking out these knotless braids by then. Looks like it is going to take me twice as long to take out these braids as it took my braider to put them in. lol
Not going to check my progress until after I get a press and trim this weekend.

abioni

I have been complaining about my natural texture for a while. Years even. I just don't like it. I decided to stop my belly aching and just texturize my hair via keratin/botox. I am happiest with my hair keratin treated. Now with all of the hair care technology advances, I believe it can have long keratin treated hair with formaldehyde free processes and olaplex to prevent breakage.

Which Keratin treatment did you get? I'm allergic to formaldehyde so I'm scared to try them after developing a bald spot from applying one to my hair some years ago.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I've felt this way for years...after trying the keratin treatment the first time I got hooked but the chemicals scared me after a while. I am glad that the technology has advanced quite a bit now so there are so many more safer options. I just ordered my treatment. I will do the treatment after I take down these braids in a couple of weeks.
I stayed natural thinking it’s the only way for my fine hair but I hated because my hair didn’t do twist or pretty fros. I actually enjoy my hair now and I have never loved it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Which Keratin treatment did you get? I'm allergic to formaldehyde so I'm scared to try them after developing a bald spot from applying one to my hair some years ago.
I purchased Fox Cosméticos B.ttx Botox Ultra Conditioning Mask and Portier Cacaozinha anti âge smoothing treatment. They both do not contain formaldehyde.

I plan on using the botox on the majority of my hair and keratin treating my edges. I'll post updates in the keratin treatment thread.

AtlantaJJ

I haven't been in here in a minute. I'm back on my hair care grind. I took 2021 off. My hair was thriving up to 2020, my dad's illness and passing caused me to just take a pause with my hair. I wore wigs (pretty ones) all of 2021 and just washed my hair. That was it. I just did a mini chop and now I'm on my Ayurvedic treatments and dusting off my KimmyTube leave in recipe! And it's time for a Aphogee 2 step treatment. I will be doing henna's every 6 weeks. My hair is in a top bun as a protective style. It feels good to be caring for her again!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I’m 14 weeks post relax and my roots are saying words this has my hair smooth, flat and soft. Didn’t have to steam or use heat. My hair isn’t tangled or anything either. I was sent the products to review but will be getting liter bottles once they hit ulta.
I plan on stretching for 12-14+ weeks. This sounds interesting! But I have too much right now. Def on my wish list!

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Finally retouched my hair and it feels so strong and soft. Never did I think it would feel like this. A little length but I’m hoping for more in the next few months but I can see it’s fuller and had body. Back to a bun and half wig lol.