Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
This midweek cowash seems to have done me some justice. I don't normally cowash but my head was telling me to do it :lol: I literally just used the hot water right on top of the grease to rinse my hair for a few minutes, then applied the conditioner right on top and let that sit for a few minutes as well. Thassit :duck:

Sybil hasn't cursed me out yet, but I'll know in the morning lol. I'm thinking the key may be the hot water, but I'm gonna try it again next midweek cowash with my other conditioner. If I get the same results it'll help me hurry and use this one grease I have that I'm not particularly fond of.

I might have been sleeping on the Mane Choice Kids Collection. I never bought any of their stuff before because a lot of their stuff has Soybean and/or Coconut Oil which I'm not fond of at all.

My ends are THICK even with me really needing a trim, this just confirms that me giving up detangling tools was the right move. I'm just trying to find out how am I going to trim my ends :look::spinning::abducted:
Unless I attempt to doctor this grease, it's a no bueno. I hate when companies don't leave well enough alone.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm feeling a little radical with my hair. I just want to leave it in a bun and take it down every 2 weeks. Lets see if I can get a way with one week let alone two. :look:

I like washing my hair alot in the summer time though so even one week might be pushing it with how much my head sweats.

I just want to put my hair in a style and not have to deal with it for weeks at a time. That is why I want to get some crochet braids professionally done.

But I don't want to spend the money to get my hair done. I am such a DIY'er I cant stand paying for someone else to do my hair.

But lately I havent has much energy to do anything other than a bun. I dont even want to wash and go.

Bah I'm so frustrated. I cant stand my hair! :cry3: I guess Ill just stick it in this bun and hope I don't get too much breakage.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I'm 99% sure I'm getting rid of my Revair. I tried it again after a lonnnng hiatus and my hair was CRISPY. If hair could crumble up off my head, it would. I tried it damp, dry, with heat protectant, and without. No bueno. I think my hair needs heat.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I'm feeling a little radical with my hair. I just want to leave it in a bun and take it down every 2 weeks. Lets see if I can get a way with one week let alone two. :look:

I like washing my hair alot in the summer time though so even one week might be pushing it with how much my head sweats.

I just want to put my hair in a style and not have to deal with it for weeks at a time. That is why I want to get some crochet braids professionally done.

But I don't want to spend the money to get my hair done. I am such a DIY'er I cant stand paying for someone else to do my hair.

But lately I havent has much energy to do anything other than a bun. I dont even want to wash and go.

Bah I'm so frustrated. I cant stand my hair! :cry3: I guess Ill just stick it in this bun and hope I don't get too much breakage.
Sending you love I feel you need a hug but I could be wrong

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
For a first time in probably 5 yrs I’m wearing my own hair out. That’s not something I do as I’m fat and have strick issues on aesthetics outside the home or even on zoom calls but it’s been nice just bunning and putting on one of my extravagant headbands. Maybe I’m changing in old age.

GettingKinky

If you leave a bun in for a week how do you keep your edges from getting frizzy when you sleep?
Have you considered a puff using a puff cuff? It takes me less than 5 minutes to do that. I spray my perimeter with water, add a little foam and then put my hair up with the puff cuff.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
If you leave a bun in for a week how do you keep your edges from getting frizzy when you sleep?
Have you considered a puff using a puff cuff? It takes me less than 5 minutes to do that. I spray my perimeter with water, add a little foam and then put my hair up with the puff cuff.
The Puff cuff doesn’t hold my hair right.
For the bun I just wet it down and tie my durag at night. In the morning it’s flat

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I finally phased out almost all of the cheap products in my stash and now I think once I used up my stash I will only buy cheapies! Proclaim Olive glossing products work almost as well as my Redken products. The slight difference is negligible in the long run IMO. So now I'm transitioning my stash to cheapies only! Proclaim, GVP, Silk Elements and Ecostyler will be the lines I use! LOL I'm a mess.:spinning:

fifi134

Every few years I get bored with my hair and wanna try something different. I've BC'd twice already, chopped from MBL-ish to a TWA each time, got a relaxer and grew that to APL before getting a bob and BC'ing. Grew that out to a little past APL before getting locs in 2019. I'm almost 3 years in with locs (which I like!) and I've been watching relaxer videos smh. I'm too afraid of the chemicals but I can't be a straighthaired natural; too expensive and I sweat in my head. *sighs*

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Every few years I get bored with my hair and wanna try something different. I've BC'd twice already, chopped from MBL-ish to a TWA each time, got a relaxer and grew that to APL before getting a bob and BC'ing. Grew that out to a little past APL before getting locs in 2019. I'm almost 3 years in with locs (which I like!) and I've been watching relaxer videos smh. I'm too afraid of the chemicals but I can't be a straighthaired natural; too expensive and I sweat in my head. *sighs*
Dye it?

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Y’all in here plotting transformations and I’m just trying to have sl or bsl if I can dream lol.
I just get bored with the texture of my hair a lot. And sometimes the length because I shave it off too :lachen: I've been on this board for quite sometime and I can't get past shoulder length because I won't leave my hair alone :spinning:, It grows and I retain the length, but I'm always cutting it off and flip flopping between natural and relaxed. I'm going to get it together one of these days. I would've still been relaxed if I didn't get my hair colored. I just didn't feel like saving it the last time. This is why I do my own chemical treatments. That way if I mess it up, I have nobody to blame but myself. The one time I outsource the coloring, was the one that shot me in the foot lol.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I just get bored with the texture of my hair a lot. And sometimes the length because I shave it off too :lachen: I've been on this board for quite sometime and I can't get past shoulder length because I won't leave my hair alone :spinning:, It grows and I retain the length, but I'm always cutting it off and flip flopping between natural and relaxed. I'm going to get it together one of these days. I would've still been relaxed if I didn't get my hair colored. I just didn't feel like saving it the last time. This is why I do my own chemical treatments. That way if I mess it up, I have nobody to blame but myself. The one time I outsource the coloring, was the one that shot me in the foot lol.
I think it’s hilarious. I love switching it up but because I’m grateful I still have hair after yrs of extreme stress I’m like wig it is. I dye mine black as grey isn’t cute for me and relax now after 15yrs natural. Those who have locs or style their natural hair are unicorns my hair was like no

Napp

Ms. Nobody
The whole issue surrounding Lip Gloss and accepting her 4c hair made me think about learning how to accept mine. I think I'm finally ready to accept my hair texture. By not accepting it I never was able to gain length past APL. I am just going to let it do what it does and grow this keratin out. I wont do a big chop, I will just grow it out. Except I still think I will slick my edges. It makes my styles look more polished.

Drtondalia

Jumping back in with both feet. Growing my way to waist length. I so love this forum. It’s where I started and was the most successful in my hair journey. I remembered how I felt so bonded with this group of ladies that were on the same journey albeit different paths with no judgment just support.
currently in a sewin with 24 inch kinky hair that blends so well with my own. I love that I don’t have to bone straighten my hair for it to blend. Best summer hair ever.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Jumping back in with both feet. Growing my way to waist length. I so love this forum. It’s where I started and was the most successful in my hair journey. I remembered how I felt so bonded with this group of ladies that were on the same journey albeit different paths with no judgment just support.
currently in a sewin with 24 inch kinky hair that blends so well with my own. I love that I don’t have to bone straighten my hair for it to blend. Best summer hair ever.
I love your avi!