Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Did a midweek refresh using APB Lemongrass Detox mask and Mielle Pomegranate and Honey conditioner under a shower cap.

I really like the Dyson Airwrap, but it makes me feel like I should be wearing ear protection.

ItsMeLilLucky

I have never heard of rinsing the hair right before a relaxer. Baby girl must have a titanium scalp. I'm adventurous but not THAT adventurous. It works for her so *shrugs*

demlew

I have never heard of rinsing the hair right before a relaxer. Baby girl must have a titanium scalp. I'm adventurous but not THAT adventurous. It works for her so *shrugs*

Sometimes I wash a day before when I've neglected my hair and it's too tangled/matted. I wash with lukewarm water, don't let the water hit directly on my scalp so I can minimize direct hits, then blow-dry on cool. I've never experienced irritation even though I use a lye relaxer.

ItsMeLilLucky

Sometimes I wash a day before when I've neglected my hair and it's too tangled/matted. I wash with lukewarm water, don't let the water hit directly on my scalp so I can minimize direct hits, then blow-dry on cool. I've never experienced irritation even though I use a lye relaxer.
I do a version of that too sometimes, but I meant literally right before the relaxer. The video went rinse at the bowl getting everything wet, sit under the dryer, then relaxer.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
You mean all the "-gates"? I remember there were some days where I'd log on and threads were padlocked or members were talking about threads that "went poof". I was like "Aw man! What did I miss?!" :lachen:
Gates on gates members here at noon gone by dinner and back under a new name by evening. I remember one wild post someone rated popular or active members and it was wild.

now it seems pretty dead w an occasional pop of activity here lol.

demlew

Gates on gates members here at noon gone by dinner and back under a new name by evening. I remember one wild post someone rated popular or active members and it was wild.

now it seems pretty dead w an occasional pop of activity here lol.

The ones with the changing names always cracked me up because their font never changed. It was like "Hey aren't you....you know what, never mind" lol

ItsMeLilLucky

Why is there a random section of straight-ish hair in the almost center of my head? It almost matches the patch in the nape. I feel like it's there every time I'm natural :lol: It was there pre blow dry AND post blow dry :spinning: I have to remember to section that part off later.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I co washed last night with suave infusion conditioner. The one that’s for heat styled hair. I put it in Bantu knots to air dry, but I ended up going out so I blow dried and did a sleek bun. I used Sabino lock and block as a heat protectant.

NaturalEnigma

I'm trying to do a new style every week. I've gotten dependent on wigs because of the pandemic and I realized I miss wearing my natural hair. I learned something new last week, trying a new hairstyle the night before is so much better than trying to do it the day when you're trying to go somewhere. It takes all the stress off and I love waking up to hair that's already been done. It also cuts down on my time to get ready. I plan on doing a new style tonight for church tomorrow.

ItsMeLilLucky

I've been trying to ease Sybil to a more cost effective budget (so much easier to do this on relaxed hair as opposed to natural hair. Natural Sybil is VERY particular lol). I picked up this Olive and Aloe Anti Breakage Lotion from Africa's Best for $4.99. Sooo, my thoughts: it's a very interesting product. It's like Pink lotion if it went to college and upgraded a bit. It's not as heavy, in fact it's quite watery for a hair product and it's non greasy. Seriously. It's the most watery hair lotion I've ever used. The texture reminds of that Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Lotion. I bought it as a counter part to my TGIN Green Tea and it's lighter than that lol. My straightened hair seems to love it. I use it everyday along with one of millions of oils I own lol. Currently it's APB Hair and Body oil. My hair is really, really soft. As Natural Academia has said "suspiciously soft". I could probably go a few days without reapplying.

ItsMeLilLucky

I hate that I haven't been able to be tool free yet. I need to figure it out on relaxed hair.

Is it weird that when I'm sad I want to wash my hair?

ItsMeLilLucky

You are my friend and I’m accepting no. Your post truly random but. But everyone has their way of sad removal
Thanks for being honest lol. I wanted to wash my hair so badly yesterday, but I told myself only Mondays and or if I feel the big feelings Wednesday(s)

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Thanks for being honest lol. I wanted to wash my hair so badly yesterday, but I told myself only Mondays and or if I feel the big feelings Wednesday(s)
Like when I’m sad I will regress in my pretty rituals so washing my hair helps to refocus. Like tonight was mid week wash and gua sha facial helped switch me up