Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Y’all I got on the scale just now and it changed my dang life. I have out on 70lbs since the start of the pandemic. ATP idc what’s going on with my hair. I gotta work out. If that means I need braids, then that’s cool. My first goal is to get under 200lbs by Christmas.
Do what you must but don’t beat yourself up. I was looking at pics from before the pandemic and

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Y’all I got on the scale just now and it changed my dang life. I have out on 70lbs since the start of the pandemic. ATP idc what’s going on with my hair. I gotta work out. If that means I need braids, then that’s cool. My first goal is to get under 200lbs by Christmas.
Give yourself some grace, it was HARDT on everyone. I'm glad you have a plan of attack!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I hope it works well for you. If I go longer than a week detangling takes me a lot longer. And if I go 2 weeks I’m just asking for trouble.
My hair doesn't really get tangled. I can easily finger detangle alone after one week so another week should not be so bad. Also I'm keeping it stretched via the bun so I'm not worried. It only gets tangles when I wear braids for longer than 4 weeks.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
You don’t like the way your bun looks with natural edges? Have you tried setting them when they are wet with a styling product and tying a scarf over then while you dry them?
No I'm not a fan of the fly away edge look on myself. I can only stand the slick back bun if my edges are laid.

They look fine when I take off the scarf but look crazy as I'm out and about. Maybe I just have to accept that I do not have edges that lay :confused:

Let me try gorilla snot again....

ItsMeLilLucky

I tried again.

I saw an old picture of me with long twists done with marley hair. I went to buy the hair, came home and did all of 6 twists before I gave up. I don't know if I have the patience anymore, and I don't really trust people in my head.

I need to stop getting inspired and keep my hands out my head. I always wanna touch on it :lol:

ItsMeLilLucky

I just had a wash day after 9 long days because I forgot I got my hair straightened on 7/31 Now I want braids :spinning: :lol:

I'm just gonna be wanting them though. My average is about 1-2 days before I'm taking something down. Idk if I'm sick of weave and extensions, tired of doing them, or it's the wrong season. I said the last time I was gonna wait until the fall to try it again, but I honestly don't know if I will.

DVAntDany

I just started noticing that the shampoo and conditioner I use to wear my hair straight doesn't cause my mirror to fog up like the products I use to wear my hair curly. I'm talking about right after shampooing and conditioning.

DVAntDany

I just had a wash day after 9 long days because I forgot I got my hair straightened on 7/31 Now I want braids :spinning: :lol:

I'm just gonna be wanting them though. My average is about 1-2 days before I'm taking something down. Idk if I'm sick of weave and extensions, tired of doing them, or it's the wrong season. I said the last time I was gonna wait until the fall to try it again, but I honestly don't know if I will.
It's probably all 3 of your reasons why you wont allow those style to stay in. :lol: One day you'll enjoy keeping those styles in again.

I'm practically the same if not worse. I make it to finishing half of my head in braids and then I can't do anymore. I usually walk around for a week in a high ponytail with thick headbands. The take down is just as devastating. lol

I recently thought about why I'm not motivated to complete any style besides the wash n go. It dawned on me that in the past my hair would look busted if I left my hair curly/coily. To look decent, I HAD to do weaves, extensions, twist-outs or straighten my hair. I never knew how much effort and work it took to do those styles when doing them were not optional. I also wasn't willing to pay anybody else to do them because of how often I wore those styles.

Last week, I tried to straighten my hair. I don't know what possessed me to try my hand at using a round brush for the first time in 7 years. My muscle memory has been long gone. I quit after completing 1/6th of my head. I don't feel like learning this stuff again at the moment. Next time, I'm just going to pay somebody.

ItsMeLilLucky

I just started noticing that the shampoo and conditioner I use to wear my hair straight doesn't cause my mirror to fog up like the products I use to wear my hair curly. I'm talking about right after shampooing and conditioning.
That's interesting, what's in them?