Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Ok this isn’t fully hair related but when it comes to getting hair stuff I typically don’t have issues buying like my wig stash all but 2 are synthetic but I bought a coach bag and wallet yet felt immense guilt for such, I haven’t bought a purse in 5 yrs and it also was a coach. When it comes to buying human hair wigs I am also very resistant the kind I have aren’t top notch. Self growth and enjoyment

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I think I finally found my HG edge control. I've been using Kiss Edge Fixer and it has been GIVING. The rest of my hair even frizzed out but my edges are still laid. I just need to see how this lasts me during a shift of work in the kitchen to see if this is really the real deal.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
That Ors Hair Mayonnaise isn't half bad even though I didn't use it as it was intended. I was super generous with the amount, which is something they didn't say to use, also to use heat, and I really didn't want to dig the dryer out, so I just put on a shower cap with something on top. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt nice. It felt like it got some strength back. I might repurchase this.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What can I add to my conditioner to make it a cleansing conditioner? I have aloe vera juice, clove water, essential oils, etc.

My hair has been really dry lately so I want to cowash this week. I’m scared to use shampoo. I don’t have time for those tangles

Napp

Ms. Nobody
What can I add to my conditioner to make it a cleansing conditioner? I have aloe vera juice, clove water, essential oils, etc.

My hair has been really dry lately so I want to cowash this week. I’m scared to use shampoo. I don’t have time for those tangles
I think you just need a better shampoo. I don’t bother with cowashing anymore. A cheap recommendation is proclaims olive glossing shampoo and conditione and a high end is Redken acidic bonding shampoo and conditioner

ItsMeLilLucky

I tried a leave in from Dollar General. It was one of those Mielle leave-ins packets that was $2, and I did not prefer it. I tried it with a new grease, and it did the job. But the reason I knew it was the leave-in is that I tried the new grease with one of my regular leave-ins and it felt like my usual softness.

GGsKin

Rose! Is it rose? At least I think it's rose that is dominating this new KCCC scent. I washed my hair tonight, and as I'm diffusing my wash n go, there is this annoying, herbally scent that is following me. I think it's rose and it's jarring. I miss the old cakey scent. It was perfect in that it was pleasant and I couldn't even smell it in my hair, but others could.

oneastrocurlie

Rose! Is it rose? At least I think it's rose that is dominating this new KCCC scent. I washed my hair tonight, and as I'm diffusing my wash n go, there is this annoying, herbally scent that is following me. I think it's rose and it's jarring. I miss the old cakey scent. It was perfect in that it was pleasant and I couldn't even smell it in my hair, but others could.

Ugh. I didn't know they changed the scent. Boooo.

GGsKin

Ugh. I didn't know they changed the scent. Boooo.
I bought a new tub a few months ths ago. When I started using it a few weeks ago, I noticed that the consistency and scent of this gel has changed. Like, from that old snotty feel, to more of a standard gel texture. Its been a while since I've had to restock on this gel so not sure when this happened. For me, it's easier to use because I don't have to dilute it, and it still perfoms well, without having to dilute. Perhaps my hair felt a little drier after 10 days (but I also used henna last time I washed my hair). But I do miss that scent.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I have a curly crochet hair install (synthetic), but I'm not sure how to maintain it. I want it to last, but I'm not sure how. I've had it in for 3 weeks now and I know I'm overdue for some mousse and serum (I think) but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use either product.

I just carefully put my hair away at night and then fluff it in the morning.

How can I keep it looking fresh and not dry? Any way to reduce or eliminate frizz?

This is the hair on my head https://www.google.com/search?q=bobbi+boss+brazilian+water+curl&oq=bobbi+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j69i60j69i61j46i433i512l2j46i175i199i512j0i433i512.3637j0j4&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1&pi=bobbi boss brazilian water curl

Help!

oneastrocurlie

I have a curly crochet hair install (synthetic), but I'm not sure how to maintain it. I want it to last, but I'm not sure how. I've had it in for 3 weeks now and I know I'm overdue for some mousse and serum (I think) but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use either product.

I just carefully put my hair away at night and then fluff it in the morning.

How can I keep it looking fresh and not dry? Any way to reduce or eliminate frizz?

This is the hair on my head https://www.google.com/search?q=bobbi+boss+brazilian+water+curl&oq=bobbi+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j69i60j69i61j46i433i512l2j46i175i199i512j0i433i512.3637j0j4&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1&pi=bobbi boss brazilian water curl

Help!

Haven't used this hair before but maybe do small pineapples to keep the hair from tangling while you sleep. I'd also caution over mousse-ing to prevent build up on the hair.

DVAntDany

That's interesting, what's in them?
Specifically, the Redken Volume Injection line. No mirror fog whatsoever. I vaguely remember both Design Essentials Agave and Lavender collection and Mizani Press Agent Line doing the same. I remember because at first I thought I could actually blow dry right after the shower in the same bathroom. It felt less steamy and I don't remember wiping down the mirror. Its not the same with everything else.

DVAntDany

In the past my hair was riddled with single strand knots even though I rarely wore wash and goes. In between various styles like braids or straightening, I'd let my hair loose or pull it into a ponytail. This makes me ponder on why I rarely have single stand knots now and I predominately wear wash and goes. I use to think that "natural" hair was intrinsically predisposed to having them.

Besides switching over to the land of detangling brushes, I think it boils down to the way my ends are when I sleep. When my curls/coils are encapsulated in gel, they don't have an opportunity to form those individual knots. I say this because soft mousse wash and goes have been the culprit of the very few single strand knots I have gotten in the past 2 years.

I can sleep however I like with an expired gel based wash and go. You know, the roots are undefined but the ends still look curly. I wont get knots with this. It's from a mousse's cast that is completely disrupted from simply touching or sleeping on it.

An example would be using Lottabody Milk & Honey Mousse. It doesn't seem to be humidity resistant in the least bit. By the end of the day my hair would have transform to a giant curly fro. It looks like the typical hair you see in children's ads of a little girl or boy with lived in kinky curly hair. That hairstyle alone wont give me the single strand knots. Its the rustling of sleep that causes the knots. The stronger the mousse/foam, the less likely this will happen. Wearing a buff eliminated the chance of my ends coiling on themselves. My hair doesn't have an opportunity to move. A satin pillowcase was not been able to prevent this from happening to me.

If mousse has the potential to give me single strand knots, then why do I continue to use it? Well, it provides me with a transitional wash and go hairstyle that I can do any time of the day and not worry about the dry time. Its not about my hair looking busted. I could simply do a puff if that were the case. Its about my scalp. The shampooing can not be delayed just because I don't feel like or don't have time to sit under a dryer. So I will continue to find ways to make it work better for me.

DVAntDany

I bought a new tub a few months ths ago. When I started using it a few weeks ago, I noticed that the consistency and scent of this gel has changed. Like, from that old snotty feel, to more of a standard gel texture. Its been a while since I've had to restock on this gel so not sure when this happened. For me, it's easier to use because I don't have to dilute it, and it still perfoms well, without having to dilute. Perhaps my hair felt a little drier after 10 days (but I also used henna last time I washed my hair). But I do miss that scent.
That is kind of saddening that they have made such a drastic change. To change the scent it one thing. To also change the texture almost makes it a whole other product. I'm glad it still worked for you.

Ivonnovi

I an sooooo sick of folks who have "good hair" neglecting the hair of their children because they don't know how to deal with it. THEN you should NOT have taking reproductive risks with someone who doesn't have your hair "type"!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ignorance of the "type" is not excuse no matter what your gender is!!!!!

In this case Dad and Son's hair. ..

DVAntDany

I an sooooo sick of folks who have "good hair" neglecting the hair of their children because they don't know how to deal with it. THEN you should NOT have taking reproductive risks with someone who doesn't have your hair "type"!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ignorance of the "type" is not excuse no matter what your gender is!!!!!

In this case Dad and Son's hair. ..
Not the dad and son?!? You are going to have to elaborate.

GGsKin

That is kind of saddening that they have made such a drastic change. To change the scent it one thing. To also change the texture almost makes it a whole other product. I'm glad it still worked for you.
Thank you. I tend to hate reformulations. Initially, I thought I'd bought a fake product (there's a small part of my brain that still thinks this could be possible lol). The limited ingredients list is exactly the same as my old tub. When I re-up, I'll know for sure. Just happy it's still my fave.

Ivonnovi

Not the dad and son?!? You are going to have to elaborate.
Dad takes no part in showing his sons how to care for their hair. Mom doesn't want the hair cut but lets the cornrowed styles mat. Eldest(s) are clueless to hair grooming.....and they are over 11 years old. It's beyond time for DAD to take over the task. IJV (I'm just venting)

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

I blowdried my hair because I didn't feel like air drying. I gotta say I don't really prefer it. More hair came out than I was comfortable with. And I didn't feel like holding it up and hearing it near my ear. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get more hair lol. Til then I'll probably just get my quarterly or whenever I feel like it silk press. I'll use it in a pinch if I need to.

DVAntDany

Dad takes no part in showing his sons how to care for their hair. Mom doesn't want the hair cut but lets the cornrowed styles mat. Eldest(s) are clueless to hair grooming.....and they are over 11 years old. It's beyond time for DAD to take over the task. IJV (I'm just venting)
That sounds unfortunate. Poor babies