Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I ordered some cyber Monday stuff for my classroom. I couldn’t pass up on those deals…

This morning I massaged my crown area only with chebe oil. I’ll start doing this 3x a week. Whole scalp I can do once maybe. I just can’t get with the smell. I diluted it with more carrier oils and it’s still unpleasant.

GettingKinky

I ordered a bunch of conditioner from Briogeo on Black Friday and as a gift the sent me a full size container of the scalp revival exfoliating shampoo. I have no clue what to do with it. It’s just adding to the clutter under my sink.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Give it away as a gift
Great idea! I have so many beauty freebies that can be re gifted. Honestly there’s just not enough room in my home for all of my hair products, tools, nail stuff, skin care, etc. I’ll get my gift boxes together tonight. I can make gift boxes with my Moscato as the main gift, but personalize it.

Let me look on Etsy for those clear boxes…

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
This random but I have so much gratitude to be able to have nice things for hair. I also greatly love seeing ladies here w mad consistency like some literally use this site to log data. You are the sum of what you do consistently and y’all will have baby toe length hair.
"Baby toe length" :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Patiently waiting for a BSL 2023 Challenge to start.

I was worried that I ruined my hair when I dyed it jet black since it was extremely dry. Turns out it only needed a good shampoo and leave-in conditioner.

I got small two-strand twists done and I love them. :love: My hair is so soft! I keep wanting to play in my hair so I have been putting it up in a bun. I am planning to keep them in long-term, redoing the twists every few weeks so that they don't start to lock. If I were going to do locs I think this would be the perfect size for me.

Edit: fixed typo :fistshake:

Last edited:

LushLox

Patiently waiting for a BSL 2023 Challenge to start.

I was worried that I ruined my hair when I dyed it jet black since it was extremely dry. Turns out it only needed a good shampoo and leave-in conditioner.

I got small two-strand twists done and I love them. :love: My hair is so soft! I keep wanting to play in my hair so I have been putting it up in a bun. I am planning to keep them in long-term, redoing the twists every few weeks so that they don't start to lock. If I were going to do locs I think this would be the perfect size for me.

Edit: fixed typo :fistshake:

You might need to post one lol. We don’t seem to have many length challenges anymore or if we do they aren’t that active.

It would be nice to see some next year.*

*big hint lol

ckisland

I'm still waiting for my order from the Doux to come in today. It's been 2 weeks! I don't remember the last time I waited 2 weeks for anything to arrive :fistshake::fistshake:

Theresamonet

I’m tired of paying $80 to get 1/4 - 1/2 inch of hair trimmed off. Any of you had success doing your own trims? I would love to not have to go to the salon for anything. So I’m not just looking for something to hold me over until I get to the salon.

This tut from Deeper Than Hair looks like a good professional method.

LushLox

I’m tired of paying $80 to get 1/4 - 1/2 inch of hair trimmed off. Any of you had success doing your own trims? I would love to not have to go to the salon for anything. So I’m not just looking for something to hold me over until I get to the salon.

This tut from Deeper Than Hair looks like a good professional method.

Yeah I've done this exact trim, just not taking off so much.

But I actually really like this method also, it's similar to DTH's one, but my hair came out so good when I follow this one. I think she's a stylist as well.

Last edited:

Theresamonet

Yeah I've done this exact trim, just not taking off so much.

But I actually really like this method also, it's similar to DTH's one, but my hair came out so good when I follow this one. I think she's a stylist as well.

Yes, she is also a stylist. I have a few of her trim tutorials saved. They look really good. The only hesitation I have is that when doing the vertical sections, I can’t tell what angle she’s cutting the hair.

Do you normally just do your own trims?