Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Why are you having a time finding them online? You can order from Sally or Amazon. Hard plastic rollers.
I wanted to find some online that I could pick up in-store that wasn't like a Korean bss. But after some digging, I found some on Amazon bc at least in my area, rollers with the snaps on them aren't a thing anymore.

Evolving78

I wanted to find some online that I could pick up in-store that wasn't like a Korean bss. But after some digging, I found some on Amazon bc at least in my area, rollers with the snaps on them aren't a thing anymore.
It’s hard to find the ones with the snaps. It’s all about the clips.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
If I could go back in time to anywhere between 2006 and 2016 with the knowledge I have now, I would have never gotten locs. I would have also had hair past my butt at some point during that time. LOL I got them out of frustration and not just because I thought that they were a beautiful style.

People who haven't seen me for real in the past two years keep asking if I'm ever going to go back to locs. I think the loc journey was for me to learn a lesson. It was a time for me to reprogram my brain on how I thought about and treated my hair. I learned patience, essentialism, dedication and acceptance. Sometimes, I forget about those lessons. I need to instill the wisdom from those lessons into my current hair routine.
I'm gonna go the other way with this. I wish I would've relaxed my hair instead of cutting it off. I like the convenience of short hair but if I'm being honest I don't like my hair short. I especially hate the grow back process because I feel like it takes me more time to do my hair, since I have to do smaller parts. My hair probably would be at my butt by now.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Can anyone help me? I haven’t been able to post emojis in months. I click the icon but nothing happens. I checked my settings and the pop up blocker isn’t on. #sos

MzSwift

Can anyone help me? I haven’t been able to post emojis in months. I click the icon but nothing happens. I checked my settings and the pop up blocker isn’t on. #sos

Aww man :(

I actually see one on your last post. Or is it one where you typed it in and it converted into a smiley?

1674927162495.png

I only post from my Chromebook, so I don't experience any issues. Are you typically posting from your phone? Maybe someone else who posts from their phone can help??

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Aww man :(

I actually see one on your last post. Or is it one where you typed it in and it converted into a smiley?

View attachment 486627

I only post from my Chromebook, so I don't experience any issues. Are you typically posting from your phone? Maybe someone else who posts from their phone can help??
I always post from my phone. I know the code for a few emojis : + ) is the smiley face for example. I’m not that advanced with coding though. I just hate that the emoji menu isn’t available on my phone anymore :;

MzSwift

I haven't use my Moremo Water Treatment in a hot minute, might use it for my next wash.
LOL! I just posted about this in another thread.

I've been reincorporating water tx when my hair isn't covered. I've been using the Loreal version and I've found that it works just like the Moremo but at 1/3 the price. If you're interested, maybe you can try this once your Moremo runs out.

1675005690263.png

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

I've been reincorporating water tx when my hair isn't covered. I've been using the Loreal version and I've found that it works just like the Moremo but at 1/3 the price. If you're interested, maybe you can try this once your Moremo runs out.

View attachment 486641
That wonder water is liquid gold for my hair. I’m definitely using it as a final rinse next wash day.

ItsMeLilLucky

I almost did it to myself.

I was bored and started watching some hair YouTube videos. Then my brain was like "you should do some braids". But neglecting the fact that I still have these spring-like twists in. I told my brain "I think tf not. We not that bored."

So we did my nails instead. It was both hands but I took one hand off (thank Gawd for press ons).

ItsMeLilLucky

I almost did it to myself.

I was bored and started watching some hair YouTube videos. Then my brain was like "you should do some braids". But neglecting the fact that I still have these spring-like twists in. I told my brain "I think tf not. We not that bored."

So we did my nails instead. It was both hands but I took one hand off (thank Gawd for press ons).
I took my twists down, cause why?

It's cold af and we're going back to wigs. My scalp feels too exposed lol. I should have done yarn braids instead of the twists. I'm glad I only did one hand of nails. Cause whew :look:

The gems are doing me innn. I'm glad I had grease on my hair, it made this process so much easier lol.

LushLox

View attachment 486641

Thanks, I already had this in my basket from before. I was considering getting the Kerastase K-Water, but it's so ridiculously expensive. And the ingredients in the Moremo and the L'oreal are better.

ItsMeLilLucky

Only good thing I like about the winter here is that it allows me to stretch my relaxer out. Wigs and extension twists have been my saving grace. I don't think my hair likes that springy twist hair that long. It was like four twists that were really stuck in my head. The rest slid out so easily.

MzSwift

Only good thing I like about the winter here is that it allows me to stretch my relaxer out. Wigs and extension twists have been my saving grace. I don't think my hair likes that springy twist hair that long. It was like four twists that were really stuck in my head. The rest slid out so easily.

So glad I'm not the only one. I tried springy twists for a month and just took them out. I didn't care for them as individual extensions. My hair kept poking out and it felt really unprotected bc I couldn't cocoon it into the hair like I usually do. My hair was really dry after I took them down too, even though I sprayed it twice a day with my braid spray and slept with a satin scarf.

I still have a lot of hair leftover though so I think I'm just gonna do them as crochet twists or maybe try my hand and making a half wig since I can't find one with the tight curls.

CoiledOrchids

gonna wash my hair thursday night and blow it out for my loc consultation friday morning. Hopefully everything will go well and I can get my starter locs done sometime next week.

Also, I'm one day away from being done with my january no-buy. I'll probably buy 1 essential oil to mix in with my oil blend and a new book to read since i did so well. I'm gonna do a february no-buy as well.

ItsMeLilLucky

So glad I'm not the only one. I tried springy twists for a month and just took them out. I didn't care for them as individual extensions. My hair kept poking out and it felt really unprotected bc I couldn't cocoon it into the hair like I usually do. My hair was really dry after I took them down too, even though I sprayed it twice a day with my braid spray and slept with a satin scarf.

I still have a lot of hair leftover though so I think I'm just gonna do them as crochet twists or maybe try my hand and making a half wig since I can't find one with the tight curls.
My hair kept poking out too. I thought I was doing something wrong lol. My hair didn't seem that dry, but I used my leave in conditioner and grease though.

MzSwift

For any ladies who baggie under buns or ponytails:

This is new to me so I'm sorry if y'all already know about it. :blush2:
I bought this set last year for picnic season, they come in multiple sizes. I had a bunch of the small pink ones left over and I found that they are great for bun baggying! They work better than sandwich or snack bags for me bc they already have the elastic band built in. So easy to pop on and off!

CoiledOrchids

so I found a better loctician in my area. made my appointment for Friday morning at 9 instead of going with the other person. she did locs for 2 people I work with and one of those women has medium sized sisterlocs that I really like.

this loctician is in a better location and I like her work so I'm gonna see what she says and report back