Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SuchaLady

Lucia & Iluvsmuhgrass Maybe it is because her hair is fine. I have thick strands and density and I am relaxed. My hair laughs at Eco Styler. If I use a good bit it will work but I am not a fan of having my hair shellaced to my head.

That's called eco styler magic, :lol: also she looks like she may have fine texture natural hair but it works on thick hair like mine that gel gives ++10 hold, but you have to moisturize alot with conditioner, oils under it or else you get dryness and breakage. I'm trying to wean my hair off eco styler, Its good gel but all gels have a drying effect and they leave residue.

:lol: Girl you ain't neva lied! Water + my grass + ecostyler = :love:

Lucia

Lucia

Lucia why do you have to burst our bubble? :lol:

weave or not, I just like how it's styled. :yep:

Sowy, I didn't mean to bust the dream, but her hair was looking good in that movie oh and I loved the superlong hairlstyles she wore in Monster in Law.

She was working it @ the Grammy's too. I know it's not all hers but it's inspiration none the less. I think i can do this look with all my own hair once I reach full WL. :pray:

Last edited:

adamson

I just saw a picture of spring twists in the daily hair thread... and I love them :love:

They actually look like my hair texture in twists!

missjones

I hope this twist out turns out good. I like WnGs but I don't know if I want to do those all the time while my hair grows out.

winona

I feel so blessed to be in a position to impact lives. Thank you to all who believed in me when I didn't have the courage to believe in myself.

winona

[USER=201322 said:
divachyk[/USER];14052265]I'm really considering a non-LHCF blog. But then again, I rarely visit other forums so truthfully speaking, my LHCF blog is all that I need.

winona - check out my LHCF blog and see some of the tools that I use to bun.

YOU enabler :lachen::grin: Thanks:)

SuchaLady

Under the dryer after setting my ponytail. Someone on Twitter told me to try the Edge Control with the ORS hair lotion. I did that last time but my hair was not clean by far. I also need protein. My hair is begging for it but I won't be able to order any until next week. :/ I will just have to remedy it the best I can with my moisture products.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

Afrobuttafly

I can never get my twistouts to be big and full and fluffy like some other naturals. UGH... Maybe I need to do them on stretched hair only. I dunno. Another FAIL.

Last edited:

Imani

So I'm contemplating trying out a natural style like a twist out or something next weekend and wearing my hair out for at least a day. I haven't worn my hair out besides straight or wigs since I've been natural. If its a fail tho, I will be braiding it up and throwing on a wig.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
in these yarn twists again. it's only been a week and I'm already bored!! -_-

i think i'll keep em in for about 2 more weeks, then weave it up with that curly hair i bought right before i moved back.

BreeNique

So I have a list of supplies/ products I wanna try when my ORganix conditioner is used up (it's a long time coming, let me tell YOU!!), and I don't want to purchase anything more. So tonight I'll do a co-wash with the Organix, and then DC with Kenra. I feel my hair need moisture more than protien...

Last spring (2010) i got my hair colored, and now the colored parts are grown out almost entirely. The last inch or so is colored hair, but that' so frustrating--it means I've either cut off at least a foot of hair in the last year, or I've broken off AND cut it...either way i'm about 80% natural, so all is well, i suppose.

Just want my natural tresses to love me back!!!

Anywhoozle, after my DC tonight, I'll continue to contemplate a full sew-in or a full-wig. I'm leaning toward the sew-in, to last me September into October (10/15 i suppose), then take it down for a while, and wig it up until before Thanksgiving, at which time I'd get aother sew-in (if the first went well) until Xmas/ my birthday. Just a thought.

<3
bN

NikkiQ

Haven't done diddly squat to my hair all week besides cowash. I'm trippin! This wedding is kickin my butt. Can't wait for it to be over so I can go back to pampering my hair again.

LadyRaider

I straightened my hair last Sunday, and I am going to blow dry again this evening I think. Maybe...

I used Nioxin thermal bliss and the the Living Proof straight product for medium to thick hair. Now I live practically in a desert, but my hair held up pretty well during two sweaty zumba days.

When I washed my hair Thursday morning, the weirdest thing happened. My hair got wet... but it was a straight wet at first. I think the Living Proof was still fighting even then. I eventually got it curly again.

I wondered if people who claim to have heat damage might just still have product in their hair?

Anyway... I'm going to order a full size version of the Living Proof stuff.

BreeNique

Aireen

I'm Brionna (Bree of BreeNique), and my cousin is Monique (Nique)--she's the one with the Skala stash. i'm the one on a college kid budget :)

And when I see her soon, please believe I'll be jacking some of that Skala!!

NikkiQ

@NikkiQ

Aaah so excited for your wedding! I <3 weddings. do you have a blog? i need a new blog to add to my daily list...

No I sure don't,but Lord knows if I had one it would be full of drama and insanity. I have a Maid of Honorzilla on my hands. How I still have hair right now is beyond me b/c this broad has stressed me out to the FULLEST extent of the word.

BreeNique

No I sure don't,but Lord knows if I had one it would be full of drama and insanity. I have a Maid of Honorzilla on my hands. How I still have hair right now is beyond me b/c this broad has stressed me out to the FULLEST extent of the word.

Boo!! I'm so sorry to hear that, lovie. keep it in perspective, it's a day, and the sun will rise whether it's perfect or not. just make sure u love that man of yours and he loves you!

...and don't sacrifice your rentention for NOBODY. NOBODY, Y'HEAR???

NikkiQ

Boo!! I'm so sorry to hear that, lovie. keep it in perspective, it's a day, and the sun will rise whether it's perfect or not. just make sure u love that man of yours and he loves you!

...and don't sacrifice your rentention for NOBODY. NOBODY, Y'HEAR???

YES MA'AM!!!!

LifeafterLHCF

Wish I could keep this just wash and set hair all week..it looks and feels great..tingling and such.I can't wait til I'm relaxed again..I'm going to do the deed on Nov 29th if everything lines up as it would mark my 4th year natural..

Aireen

Aireen

I'm Brionna (Bree of BreeNique), and my cousin is Monique (Nique)--she's the one with the Skala stash. i'm the one on a college kid budget :)

And when I see her soon, please believe I'll be jacking some of that Skala!!

BreeNique, oh I knew, I just thought you were Monique. I tend to think that it's her that's posting in RT usually. Has her stash significantly reduced?

BreeNique

BreeNique, oh I knew, I just thought you were Monique. I tend to think that it's her that's posting in RT usually. Has her stash significantly reduced?

Aireen, she's doing...better. She's finding her staples, so it's going away, but my poor cousin has quite a way to go. We'll be seeing each other soon, so she's gonna unload some of those supplies onto me, and i'll share the wealth with my college girlfriends!!!