Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

AHeadOfCoils

I just experienced a co-wash "O". Honey is officially my baby's daddy!!

Currently twisting with Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I dusted off the flat iron and flat ironed my hair to: 1) prep my roots for my TU next week and 2) because under processed hair wasn't AKN right but then I got some breakage so booo, I'm in no better shape than when the day started.

Imani

So I still see occasional breakage. And splits. And SSK's. Yet my hair still seems to be healthy and making progress. Maybe they are just going to be an inevitable part of being natural with my hair type. :ohwell:

So it seems my reggie is working. Finding the reggie was the hard part. Now I just gotta stay consistent and hopefully will be well on my way to APL this year. Then BSL and beyond next year.:grin:

Imani

After really examining the twists, I saw exactly how bad they are. Like 3 different sizes, my hair sticking out some of them, thick at the root and thin on the ends. Can we say "hot mess"?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

:sad: Dang that sucks. Some of my twists were different sizes ( 3 different african women did parts of my hair) and thinner toward the ends as well. Is it like really obvious? If its kinda subtle no one will notice.

-PYT

This lady on parking wars should go natural :ohwell: her hair has been thinning and her edges have been decreasing over the past few season.

One week to go before I celebrate my one year post-relaxer anniversary. I want to celebrate; but, I am in the no-heat challenge. What should I do to celebrate?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
One week to go before I celebrate my one year post-relaxer anniversary. I want to celebrate; but, I am in the no-heat challenge. What should I do to celebrate?
There aren't any passes in that challenge? If not flat iron or something and don't tell anybody. :lachen:
I think we are going to have or one year post relaxer day pretty close to each other - mine is on May 13th. Yay to us! :yay: I'm going to take down my cornrows, wash, and take a picture then maybe wear it out in a fro for a day. I'm lazy and it's hot; no point in me using heat anyway.

Dizz

I came up with this recipe for an oil mixture for my edges... They're thin on both sides in two very specific places. But I'm lazy and haven't made it yet.

And I'm mad at myself because I know the real reason my edges are suffering is my buns... bleh.

NikkiQ

:sad: Dang that sucks. Some of my twists were different sizes ( 3 different african women did parts of my hair) and thinner toward the ends as well. Is it like really obvious? If its kinda subtle no one will notice.

Yeah it's pretty noticeable. I have to wear it in a ponytail b/c when it's all down, you can see how super thick they are in the front and skinny skinny skinny in the back. I wish I could make them work, but I don't want twists that I have to keep up in a pony, ya know?

LaFemmeNaturelle

Ugh I don't think I'll be straightening anymore or unless not unless it's below 30 degrees. My hair went poof and I flat ironed two days in a row. Maybe I'll get a hard press every couple of months but I'd really rather not pay for that lol

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I was planning to wash my hair today, but its raining like a mug. I don't like sitting around with condish on my head when its cold and rainy.

There aren't any passes in that challenge? If not flat iron or something and don't tell anybody. :lachen:
I think we are going to have or one year post relaxer day pretty close to each other - mine is on May 13th. Yay to us! :yay: I'm going to take down my cornrows, wash, and take a picture then maybe wear it out in a fro for a day. I'm lazy and it's hot; no point in me using heat anyway.

Girl, I want to. But, I don't want to spend the money on getting a good press and then with the heat see it go poof. I'm cheap that way, lol.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I wish my straightening efforts would last more than a day...but that ain't gonna happen with this weather and new workout regime.

Imani

I don't understand why people always want to point out the negative.

Got my hair done and yes, a different person did it and its not quite as straight and shiny as the last time. But it still looks good and obviously is getting thicker longer and healthier. AND I made my goal of SL finally. My family member knew this was my goal and all they can point out is that it isn't as straight as last time-twice. No congrats on my progress or anything. This is prob the most hair I've had since grade school and all they can keep pointing out is the negative. I just don't get it. I smell haterade tho bc this person is frustrated w/their own hair which I've been helping with, doing it for them, buying them products, etc.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Imani It's like Kat Williams said, you NEED haters :grin:. If you only have that one hater, you need to figure out how to get to 20 before Summer ends, LOL.

Don't let it bother you. Comes with the territory.

Imani

^^^Lol! I guess I'm just not used to hair hate, plus the fact that I'm trying to help this person. I've been getting snide comments about other things all my life so they just roll down my back and I don't even notice them. If I'm going to keep growing my hair out, I guess I need to go ahead and get used to it.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Why can't I find Goody flex barrettes in this country? I REFUSE to buy them online! The shipping is like 2x the cost of the barrette istelf :nono: Ugh...

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
It never fails. I flat-iron my hair, it's all silky straight and swanging and ish for two days and I say yea, Ima keep this up for two weeks....and then I go out to partay and dance like a fool and end up with a big fro.
sigh. i guess I'll DC and braidout or something.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
What the heck...I was staring at hair pics and I just discovered that I'm lopsided!! My right side armpit and shoulder is lower than my left side.....

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
halee_J, PM me what you are looking for. I'll gladly pick them up if they are available in my area...but not sure how much shipping would cost for me to send them.

Nix08, do you trim yourself?