Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

naija24

maybe he will warm up to the idea you weren't planning on chopping until May that's like six months away your natural hair will be much longer by then. I hope he not opposed to you going natural. That could be an even bigger problem. Good luck.

stephanie75miller

No he's totally opposed to me going natural. Compares afros to 1970s black panthers. Unless I was a 3a/b or something naturally and had 20 inches of hair then he'd be okay with it or something. But most afros he isn't attracted to.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.

Idk. You mentioned eons ago or alluded to the fact your BF doesnt like natural hair.

Im not so sure I'd let a boyfriend (operative word. Hes not a husband) dictate my appearance. I dont lije giving anyone that tyoe of control and power over me. Just thought of it this moment is making me furious. ...

You'll look back on this years from now and wonder wth you were thinking. Trust me...

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
stephanie75miller No he's totally opposed to me going natural. Compares afros to 1970s black panthers. Unless I was a 3a/b or something naturally and had 20 inches of hair then he'd be okay with it or something. But most afros he isn't attracted to.
Idk. You mentioned eons ago or alluded to the fact your BF doesnt like natural hair. Im not so sure I'd let a boyfriend (operative word. Hes not a husband) dictate my appearance. I dont lije giving anyone that tyoe of control and power over me. Just thought of it this moment is making me furious. ... You'll look back on this years from now and wonder wth you were thinking. Trust me...
so sorry hear that. It is not really his call though. You don't even know what your natural hair will look like. You also need to inform him that natural does not mean Afro. An Afro is just a hairstyle.also is your hair 20 inches now? No matter if your relaxed or natural your is not going to be 20 inches overnight. It also won't be short forever.

Last edited:

naija24

I showed him various pictures of women with natural hair of different lengths and textures and colors and he was against ALL of them. Even the ladies with long hair. I even showed him a picture of a side by side (one side natural, the other straight) and said my hair would be straight most of the time, taht i'd go to the salon and get silk presses. NOPE. It's a haircut? then he's not down for it.

These were the pictures I showed him.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 62
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 67
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 57

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
so sorry hear that. It is not really his call though. You don't even know what your natural hair will look like. You also need to inform him that natural does not mean Afro. An Afro is just a hairstyle.also is your hair 20 inches now? No matter if your relaxed or natural your is not going to be 20 inches overnight. It also won't be short forever.

Right?! Afro is just a style. Has he been around natural black women lately? Seen pics...?

There's twist and braids outs and even without the 'out', rollersets, curlformers, heat styling, Bunning. We have gotten so creative the possibilities are endless.

naija24 you have been wanting to go natural and talking about it since you been on LHCF! DO IT. He will respect you more if you stay your individual self.

As advice from an old sista:

Dont do what countless women do and regret: lose themselves and their individuality only to have to find themselves again years later when that man is gone.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Oh i see. Youve shown him pics.

Well... im bold enough to throw down the gauntlet and bc just to see wtf he gone do.

Just do you. He will fall in line eventually. Love is not about hair

naija24

Right?! Afro is just a style. Has he been around natural black women lately? Seen pics...?

There's twist and braids outs and even without the 'out', rollersets, curlformers, heat styling, Bunning. We have gotten so creative the possibilities are endless.

naija24 you have been wanting to go natural and talking about it since you been on LHCF! DO IT. He will respect you more if you stay your individual self.

As advice from an old sista:

Dont do what countless women do and regret: lose themselves and their individuality only to have to find themselves again years later when that man is gone.

I dont' even want to really have an afro. I just want to have a nice short bob for a while. Maybe experiment with colors. i'd be natural but what would it matter to him if he only sees my curls once or twice a season between appointments???

As for your old sista advice, thanks.

krissyhair

I showed him various pictures of women with natural hair of different lengths and textures and colors and he was against ALL of them. Even the ladies with long hair. I even showed him a picture of a side by side (one side natural, the other straight) and said my hair would be straight most of the time, taht i'd go to the salon and get silk presses. NOPE. It's a haircut? then he's not down for it.

These were the pictures I showed him.

He's lame.

SmilingElephant

stephanie75miller

No he's totally opposed to me going natural. Compares afros to 1970s black panthers. Unless I was a 3a/b or something naturally and had 20 inches of hair then he'd be okay with it or something. But most afros he isn't attracted to.

I think about stuff like this. Black men want our support so bad...but they don't want to support us. Not all of them...but I hate hearing stuff like this.

JaneBond007

@stephanie75miller

@naija24
:ohwell: You know that movie, Day Without Mexicans? If ever there were a day without moisturizers, gels, roller sets, relaxers and all thermal and chemical straighteners of some sort, he'd most likely have no choice. I know a great dating site. :witch: Be YOU. Don't compromise on something as personal as your own body.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

Going to sleep with conditioner in my hair last night felt so nasty. I kept getting drips. Usually It's fine, I had to have a fine hole somewhere on that plastic cap

gabulldawg

Idk. You mentioned eons ago or alluded to the fact your BF doesnt like natural hair.

Im not so sure I'd let a boyfriend (operative word. Hes not a husband) dictate my appearance. I dont lije giving anyone that tyoe of control and power over me. Just thought of it this moment is making me furious. ...

You'll look back on this years from now and wonder wth you were thinking. Trust me...

ITA. :yep: I definitely value my husband's opinion, but a boyfriend? :nono:

Evolving78

Bam! Thats what im talking about! So proud of you! Eta. My rooting for you has zero to do with hair but everything to do with personal empowerment as a woman.
gotta do what makes us feel good in the end! And she is such a pretty girl! Trying to transition can be challenging! The big chop will give you a sense of relief!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I showed him various pictures of women with natural hair of different lengths and textures and colors and he was against ALL of them. Even the ladies with long hair. I even showed him a picture of a side by side (one side natural, the other straight) and said my hair would be straight most of the time, taht i'd go to the salon and get silk presses. NOPE. It's a haircut? then he's not down for it. These were the pictures I showed him.

Danm. He doesn't even like one? All those women have beautiful hair. You have to do what's right for you and makes you happy. Honestly though you are not your hair and when a man truly loves you he will ultimately want you to be happy.

Evolving78

I got a product wish list for my birthday in April! But I don't want to wear my hair out until I make BSB! I know that maybe extreme, but I'm vain and I'm aiming for a wow factor and to show folks once again that relaxed hair can be healthy and grow! Pre_medi's hair is the business as well as my other relaxed hair buddies! Her Reggie consists of plaits under a wig, or a bun. She stretches like four months plus at a time. And UloveMegz has started doing this Reggie for the past few months too. And my divachyk girl! All of my other buddies are going the natural route and I'm excited for them too! I'm just excited about hiding my hair and seeing what happens!

xu93texas

Right?! Afro is just a style. Has he been around natural black women lately? Seen pics...? There's twist and braids outs and even without the 'out', rollersets, curlformers, heat styling, Bunning. We have gotten so creative the possibilities are endless. naija24 you have been wanting to go natural and talking about it since you been on LHCF! DO IT. He will respect you more if you stay your individual self. As advice from an old sista: Dont do what countless women do and regret: lose themselves and their individuality only to have to find themselves again years later when that man is gone.

I'm with you DarkJoy

naija24, girl you need to do YOU! Stop letting him CONTROL you! If you mean as much to him as he obviously means to you, he should love you no matter what!

I know you want to be natural. You just said so in another thread. I've seen the pics you posted in the past. You need to start 2015 off right!
We're here for you!

JaneBond007

I've got aloepecia on part of my eyebrow!

Day 2 of Bajaj Almond Drops and it's better than amazing. I'm going back to buy up all her bottles. I even feel that tingling growth thingy. My hair is just so good with it and combined ith Suave sleek and Fructis Oil to calm the frizzies? I'm set. FINALLY! No more relaxers. I can concentrate on coloring my hair and "natural" as in, no more relaxer. I like the highlights, though. That poor Titi Branch, that is the highlight effects I wanted. SMH. Poor girl.

Last edited:

xu93texas

I got a product wish list for my birthday in April! But I don't want to wear my hair out until I make BSB! I know that maybe extreme, but I'm vain and I'm aiming for a wow factor and to show folks once again that relaxed hair can be healthy and grow! Pre_medi's hair is the business as well as my other relaxed hair buddies! Her Reggie consists of plaits under a wig, or a bun. She stretches like four months plus at a time. And UloveMegz has started doing this Reggie for the past few months too. And my divachyk girl! All of my other buddies are going the natural route and I'm excited for them too! I'm just excited about hiding my hair and seeing what happens!

You know we're rooting for you! You'll be BSB in no time with PS.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF