Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

PlainJane

I really need to trim the back of my hair but I'm afraid of it looking crazy and uneven. Tempted to go to super cuts like other ladies mentioned in other threads.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I'm high porosity so I use some amount protein every wash day. I had decreased my hard protein to about once a month, with light protein inbetween, but I've decided to up the hard protein for a little while. I know where most of my damage came from. When my hair was in the NL-to-SL stage I wore my hair in two-strand twists constantly out of convenience. The problem is two-fold: (1) I have different textures and thickness of strands throughout my head, so my coarser strands were literally shredding my finer strands. (2) Short of drenching my hair, it's really hard to moisturize my hair while in twists and braids. I stopped with the constant TSTs about a year ago and essentially all of the new growth is free of splits. I mostly finger detangle. I switched all of my combs to seamless combs several months ago, so when I do use a comb there's less chance of mechanical damage. I don't manipulate my hair unless it's coated in oil and/or conditioner. I'm going to trim my hair each month until the old damage is gone. Healthy hair is way more important than length, IMO.

spacetygrss at least you have an idea on where most of the damage came from. I think using some protein and gradually trimming the hair will help. I agree healthy hair is definitely more important than length in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

sweetpea7

I cowash and dc 1x a week and moisturize and seal right after. In the pic is a fully dry lazy wash n go. Rinsed some confuse through in the shower and slapped on a quarter size of KCNT. Do you guys think my frizz will decrease and I would get better curl definition if I increase my cowash and dc to 2x a week? TIA

Attachments

• image-1185811032.jpg
    image-1185811032.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2542775566.jpg
    image-2542775566.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 50

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Sometimes I wonder why I protective style? After two weeks im so over it. I just figure I might as well chop it to 2 or 3 inches and call it a day.

How in the world will I make it 9 more weeks. -_-

FollicleFanatic

I was upset earlier bc my mom waited to tell me today she'd been in a car accident(she was in a very bad one a couple yrs ago) the previous day.

She said the police officer was looking at her a little funny when he was writing up the report. She asked her friend who was the driver what was the cop's problem and the friend said it's your hair. My mom said yeah what about it and her friend told her she just had her wig cap on.

When they got rear ended my mom's wig flew off and she didn't even realize :lachen: She was mortified. Even the Dr who examined her laughed. Mom is doing fine BTW.

Lilmama1011

I was upset earlier bc my mom waited to tell me today she'd been in a car accident(she was in a very bad one a couple yrs ago) the previous day.

She said the police officer was looking at her a little funny when he was writing up the report. She asked her friend who was the driver what was the cop's problem and the friend said it's your hair. My mom said yeah what about it and her friend told her she just had her wig cap on.

When they got rear ended my mom's wig flew off and she didn't even realize :lachen: She was mortified. Even the Dr who examined her laughed. Mom is doing fine BTW.

Oh wow, I hope she is well but Imust say I chuckled a bit :look:

krissyhair

[USER=43593]sweetpea7[/USER];21206353 said:
I cowash and dc 1x a week and moisturize and seal right after. In the pic is a fully dry lazy wash n go. Rinsed some confuse through in the shower and slapped on a quarter size of KCNT. Do you guys think my frizz will decrease and I would get better curl definition if I increase my cowash and dc to 2x a week? TIA
My tip for increased definition and decreased frizz is to really thoroughly finger comb the product in to smooth it down. It works best on really soaking wet hair, so if you can do it in the shower, and tshirt dry your edges and ends, then let it air dry the rest of the way.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I think I'm going to start flat ironing with one pass. Pretty sure I can get it just as straight as long as I use the comb-chase method with the first pass rather than the second.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I resisted the urge to buy hair products at target today. I was eyeing a few things but since I'm wigging it until June it's pointless for me to buy full priced products right now. But I did notice that they have my SM color system in stock, in the exact color I like. I left my target card at home so I didn't grab any but I will be grabbing 3 when I go by there tomorrow. I need those for summer :look:

fatimablush

i big chopped my hair. my hair was growing in patches..it took forever to grow. i couldn't wear it out the way i liked since it was too uneven. i big chopped with a pair of clippers. i took it really low. i am waiting for my sis to wake up so she can shape the back. i did a pretty good job. i just cleaned up the back and sides. once the back is done it will look perfect. i used to do my own hair years ago. i was nervous but SO said my hair looks really nice. he keeps touching my head saying my hair feels really soft. he couldn't clean up my hair since he had surgery on his hand the other day.

Lilmama1011

Just mixed my henna. Looks like brownie mix! I made it more watery than I ever did because last time it balled up on me and it was crumbs everywhere so hopefully it will work.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150308_123601.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150308_123601.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

spacetygrss

I'm going to try using mostly one line (Komaza Care, with AO GPB and Joico MRB thrown in) for awhile and see what happens. I'm pretty sure that I've narrowed down what was causing my issues (splits, etc), but I think that sticking with one line of products meant to go together will be helpful.

Lilmama1011

I took an hour off the henna dye release because even after getting a little on my thumb while mixing, I just look down and seen it has stained my fingers orange. I might take another hour off and just do 3 hrs release. This releases quick!

Lilmama1011

I had a dream I hennaed my hair and I looked like carrot top. It was because I had blond random pieces in my hair. But in my dream, I still thought it was cute :look:

BranwenRosewood

I've set my BC date for sometime in Sept because I am not dealing with transitioning hair on my cruise in Oct. I should be around 19 months post relaxer by then. I'm going to focus on gaining as much length as possible by Sept because I don't like hair shorter than SL on me.

Lilmama1011

I just detangled my 6 day old flexi rod set. I seriously THINK I'm done with curly hair. It was cool when I was growing it out at first because I didn't know how significant of a decrease of shedded hair and breakage it would be with wearing other styles other than curly,but I see that now. I lost more hair than I usually do and I'm pretty sure it was a mix of shedded and small breakage. I have to learn some more styles. I will be doing a bun this week but I don't want to get addicted

Lilmama1011

Last time I measured my front was 13 inches and my back was 12 inches. Mow my front is 15 3/4 inch and my back is 14 1/4inches.

Last edited:

Anaisin

Curls truly isn't ish for hiking the price of that new cream gel up. $25 smh, I barely wanted to pay the original $18 price. Oh well, I'll just get some Pattern pusha which is $1 less and 8 ounces more

FollicleFanatic

Oh wow, I hope she is well but Imust say I chuckled a bit :look:

After I fussed at her I laughed too.

One time she was at the grocery store checking out when her wig made her hot and itchy. The store clerk ran outside to chase her down yelling Miss! Miss! You forgot your hair!

She had snatched it off to scratch her head and left the wig on the checkout belt :lachen:

Lilmama1011

Yeah, I shouldn't have gotten that same company of henna. I thought making it more watery was better, nope! It still crumbled. I will be taking the other back to the store and ordering from online. This makes you want to say forget henna. It was crumbled all over the floor, sink, my arm, and clothes. The hennas I had before went on smooth and stayed where you placed it. I don't know if this scared me from doing hennas or what. I will see after I rinse. Even if it came out great, I will never use that brand name

naija24

Miss Jessie's Leave In Conditioner is pretty awesome. I just need a nice vat of shea butter right now.

Also, I got a color correction on my twa!! $103 but worth it!!

GettingKinky

I BC'd a small patch of hair at my nape and I can't.stop.playing.with.it. I may BC more at my nape. I need to learn how to keep my curls from frizzing up.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My wig isn't dry yet...why did I decide to recurl at almost 1am? I just put it by the heat vent :lachen: hopefully it dries in the next 3 hours before I leave for this study session at 11. If not then I'm going to class in a beanie and the flowing locks will return tomorrow lol.

Harina

This white chick at my job said she was natural. I was thinking, "**** you have curly hair." I felt so bad for thinking that. Lol.