Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

overtherainbow

NaturallyATLPCH
I'm in the same boat. My color treated hair sometimes feels better than my virgin hair(I have bronze/brown ombre highlights in the front). This is shocking since I used a $5 box dye. If this keeps up, then I might do the rest of my head in the summer time.

Edit: I should add that after washing the conditioner out, my elasticity in the dyed section was off, but two protein heavy rinseouts later (Eva NYC and SM purple lable conditioner) my hair was back to normal.

Last edited:

Harina

All of a sudden they putting black girls all up in hair commercials. I mean I've seen them
before once in a while, but I've seen about four new ones that have black chicks.

CluelessJL

I don't like washing my hair in the evenings; it always feels such a rush.

On the plus side, I saw my mum yesterday and she said my hair has grown loads since I last saw her at Christmas :yay:

CodeRed

Learned something new about my scalp today... the back, towards the nape, is more sensitive than the rest of my head. Not the hair, just the scalp. That mustard powder in my treatment has it sensitive back there whereas the rest of my head feels normal... oddly enough, that's where the more "coarse" hair of my head grows.

GGsKin

I was itching to try a twist out. Now my hair is all twisted and set, I already miss my coilies. Roll on tomorrow.

Anaisin

All of a sudden they putting black girls all up in hair commercials. I mean I've seen them
before once in a while, but I've seen about four new ones that have black chicks.

I need to see these commercials then because I never see any. They usually have blacks in health and lotion commercials. I have a free magazine subscription and literally all the black women featured are like 30-50 yrs old and in deodorant and lotion ads. (I've received 3 mags so far) All the style, designer brands etc have nothing but young white women. I do see Jourdan Dunn in the 2 page Maybelline ads though. Then this one young girl I THOUGHT was black but when I looked again I realized she was Indian lmao

BostonMaria

I cut my hair back to MBL in January
I told DH yesterday that I feel "bald" and I actually really do. He said I'm crazy LOL

Lilmama1011

I'm 3 weeks post relaxer and my edges already ain't laid. I already have a wave when applying gel. I know it would be a little something but not an actual defined wave!

fatimablush

i want to color my hair honey blond or a reddish blond. i might do that one day in the spring or summer......just.. thinking!!!

Last edited:

ckisland

I've been getting hair compliments left and right the past several days :grin:!!

I've had 2 ladies literally yell them at the back of my head :lol:. Once was while I was in the grocery store, and heard, "Your hair is soooo PRETTY!!!!!!" three times before I actually realized she had to be talking to me :lachen:.
The second time was while I was checking out, and the lady behind me yelled, "Ohhhh gurl!!! Your hair is so THICK! I love it!!" while I was getting my change :lachen:. I got a compliment today from a cashier at Whole Foods who had a gorgeous head of hair :lick:.

It's so funny because all I've been doing is leaving in conditioner :yep:. No gel, no creme styler, no oil. Just good ole conditioner!

oneastrocurlie

The last couple hair products that I've used that haven't been 100% smell so artificial and perfume-y. I'm no ingredient snob but lingering unpleasant scents will keep me away.

sweetpea7

I got a compliment on Saturday :drunk: I Wore my conditioner only wash n go out this past weekend with my heat damaged front tucked away in a flat twist headband and the black cashier at chiptole said he really liked it!

The front was cute but the back was a soft frizzy blob. I gotta get serious with MHM

Lilmama1011

My henna must have took really good because soon as I walked in to school a girl asked did I color my hair. I'm still not going back to the Asian place. It's not worth the crumbs all over the floor. I going to get it from the Indian place I started off with. I forgot I like their henna, so I won't have to wait online for it. But I have to order offline for my SO mother because it just would be more convenient to do it that way

PerFicMsFit

I just went through my stash, I realized I have a problem. I am a product junkie and it all happened so fast. I promise to not buy another hair product for a while. I just listed a whole bunch of products for sale and included free samples to help decrease my stash. Hopefully that helps. :nono:

Anaisin

The obsession with black hair (with black people as a whole tbh) is too real. Uncomfortable & offensive conversation #573732588411

julzinha

I don't think I have it in me to be a long term natural. I just never know what to do with my hair on top of working out. Twist outs don't last, the tangles are annoying, and honestly I'm tired.

I feel like at some point I will have a stylist like Reniece looking after my long texlaxed hair. I appreciate natural hair and sometimes I feel guilted and shamed into staying natural when I don't hate my hair, but I want to do what works for me.

naija24

i think as a natural I will be happy when I have 7 inches. I'll be collarbone length. I can do styles with it. It'll be a nice solid fro.

So....maybe February next year?