Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SuchaLady

Ugh I had to wash out my freshly blown out hair. I worked out this morning and once my hair started to sweat I swear I smelled relaxer :blush: I ran home and washed again with my color indicator neutralizing shampoo. Suds were white as snow :rolleyes: better safe thang sorry though :ohwell:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Ugh I had to wash out my freshly blown out hair. I worked out this morning and once my hair started to sweat I swear I smelled relaxer :blush: I ran home and washed again with my color indicator neutralizing shampoo. Suds were white as snow :rolleyes: better safe thang sorry though :ohwell:

Exactly SuchaLady! I've had that smell before. It's weird to explan because there are no traces of relaxer upon shampooing.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
PuraBody Naturals Brazil Loc Oil, Mango Tea Scalp Butter & Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum are on sale at their respective websites now.

I want them all but can only buy from one line at the moment. Decisions, decisons....

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

PlainJane

I think I'm the only one on the board who hasn't tried any Shea Moisture products...

I just don't know where to start.

gabulldawg

I bought some Giovanni direct leave in to try. So far I'm impressed! This is my first day using it, though, combined with a couple of other products.

gabulldawg

that is the only leave in I genuinely like. It plays nice with other products too.

Still good so far!! I was most impressed that I didn't get the whiteness going on like I do with other products. My hair looks and feels moisturized and not too oily or greasy or anything!

mz.rae

I wish I could find some good natural gurus with informative tutorials as well as had simple regimens. So far the only one's I have seen are the ones that ramble on forever, have complicated regimens that involve cooking up things or have 101 different products and steps. And there is too much bashing of protective styling, hair coloring, and heat usage. I really feel like I don't know anymore about taking care of natural than I did in the past. And have just been using the tips I learned back when I was relaxed... I don't know....

Anaisin

I wish I could find some good natural gurus with informative tutorials as well as had simple regimens. So far the only one's I have seen are the ones that ramble on forever, have complicated regimens that involve cooking up things or have 101 different products and steps. And there is too much bashing of protective styling, hair coloring, and heat usage. I really feel like I don't know anymore about taking care of natural than I did in the past. And have just been using the tips I learned back when I was relaxed... I don't know....

They are doing what works for their hair....do what works fo yours. Searching and copying someone's regimen won't work, nobody has the same head of hair

mz.rae

They are doing what works for their hair....do what works fo yours. Searching and copying someone's regimen won't work, nobody has the same head of hair

I know they are doing what works for them. And searching and copying has actually helped me in the past. When I was relaxed that is exactly what I did and then I added my own things here and there. And if I found what works for me I wouldn't have made this post in the first place.

Last edited:

neiiya

You know that saying? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink? I can show pictures of my hair from last year and this year to family members and they
won't change their ways. I have bought good products for them and tried to get them to adopt a regimen. I would call and remind them about dc and protein. I would stress less heat. All to no avail. They didn't even know where the stuff I sent was. THEN go to the store and buy random hair products tht no one has heard of made in China. Grrrrrrr

Well, when I went home to visit I packed all the stuff I sent without a word. If you won't use it I sure will. BASK, Qhemets, Darcy's, Curl Junkie and Oyin that were full, used once.... Shoot.........

I think the only way they will change is if I start doing everyone's hair.

SuchaLady

divachyk I was so sad that I had to wash my blowdried hair out. I hate blowdrying my hair with a passion but what good would my hair be if I was potentially letting left over relaxer fry it? :lol: I was just glad that the neutralizer showed no relaxer in it. I wonder what causes that? :think:

Exactly SuchaLady! I've had that smell before. It's weird to explan because there are no traces of relaxer upon shampooing.

SuchaLady

I think about going natural and have lingering guilt after not atleast trying it after so many longterm stretches. But then I get that touch up and honey that all goes down the drain :look: My hair looks fabulous :reddancer: Its so thick and healthy :love:

SN: I have some mentions I cant get to. This raggedy website :rolleyes: Im not ignoring anyone!

mz.rae

Yay!!! Found a natural whose regimen is similar to mine! She mostly does wash and go's like me, which is awesome. I think I'm just going to stick to wash and go's, because when I try to do other stuff if it's a fail. I'm putting myself on a goal to not blow dry or flat iron my iron for at least three months and then do a length check. I'm excited about my hair again!

spacetygrss

I've been using Komaza Care products almost exclusively for this past week and my hair feels and looks fabulous. Tangles have been greatly reduced. My plan is to use Komaza Care for 75%+ of my hair care for the next three months and then reaches ( unless I run into some issue, of course).

Lymegreen

I'm starting to realize that I'll never have the perfect head of hair...
I was reading my hair journal from 3 years ago and reflected on all the issues I had at the time.
I overcame them - then I had other issues - overcame those ... etc
Now, I have a new set of issues.
My hair overall is MUCH longer now (full Shoulder length grazing APL) and I am pleased with my length.
However, for all the hiding hair; protective styling etc.. it hasn't panned out to "perfect hair" like I planned.

I've finally turned the corner because I finally know enough about my hair to enjoy it as-is. I may never have the perfect hair that I imagined but the hair I do have is just fine.

My left side is prone to breakage and can get eaten off easily. My edges are whimpy and my hair is thin. These are the facts..lol but I can make the best of it.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Got up, walked to the store, came back home, researched some product formulations, then made conditioner, gel, a cream styler, a hair butter, & a detangling leave-in. Then I deep cleaned my kitchen, did a crapload of dishes in the process, and cooked dinner. And I think I'm about to shower and play in these hair products I just made from scratch. This the most active I've been on a Saturday in a long time. And I like it

Lilmama1011

Got up, walked to the store, came back home, researched some product formulations, then made conditioner, gel, a cream styler, a hair butter, & a detangling leave-in. Then I deep cleaned my kitchen, did a crapload of dishes in the process, and cooked dinner. And I think I'm about to shower and play in these hair products I just made from scratch. This the most active I've been on a Saturday in a long time. And I like it

Dang I'm jealous

maxineshaw

I just found an old photo from 2008 of my hair routine at the time. It contains five products (one poo, one rinse out conditioner, an oil, and two moisturizer-one water based and one butter). This led me to go under my bathroom sink and count how many products I have.

2 shampoos
1 sample shampoo bottle
2 bottles of conditioner
1 sample conditioner bottle
3 sample packets of conditioner
1 box of amla powder
3 jars of moisturizer
1 sample bottle of moisturizer
1 bottle of curl activator
1 jar of curl gel activator
1 bottle of leave-in conditioner spray
1 bottle of demi activating lotion
1 tube of demi hair dye
1 bottle of spray oil
1 bottle of oil
1 jar of pressing oil
1 jar of hair grease

:look:

krissyhair

[USER=445141]CluelessJL[/USER];21219125 said:
I wonder if you could re-write Daft Punk's 'Technologic' with things that we do to our hair... :band:

Touch it
Comb it
Spray it
Wash it
Part it
Leave in
Deep condition

PlainJane

Okay this may be a silly question. Is Joico moisture recovery balm the sam as joico moisture recovery conditioner? I only saw conditioner at the store so I wasn't sure if I should get it....