Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Okay this may be a silly question. Is Joico moisture recovery balm the sam as joico moisture recovery conditioner? I only saw conditioner at the store so I wasn't sure if I should get it....

In my opinion the recovery balm is more of a deeeeep conditioner; the conditioner itself behaved like a daily/ rinse out conditioner on my hair. I prefer the balm..

Sent from my SM-G900P using LHCF

SuchaLady

Okay this may be a silly question. Is Joico moisture recovery balm the sam as joico moisture recovery conditioner? I only saw conditioner at the store so I wasn't sure if I should get it....

Same thing Such Magnificence said. Buy the balm. Actually buy two. Thank me later :lol:

naija24

This is my dream/ideal hair length straight and curly. How long would it take for me to get to this length do you think? My last relaxer was December 26 I think.

Now that I see how fun color is (and I'm single) I really feel detached from longer hair goals. It's just not worth the extra time to me.

neiiya

I've been using Komaza Care products almost exclusively for this past week and my hair feels and looks fabulous. Tangles have been greatly reduced. My plan is to use Komaza Care for 75%+ of my hair care for the next three months and then reaches ( unless I run into some issue, of course).

I used that protein and I was amazed. I then ordered a box of every sample size. after trying those for a few days I ordered more protein conditioner and several full sized products. 3 orders in 2 weeks and my hair is amazing. I am going to follow your lead and use almost all KC and see what happens.

Can you share your regimen?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I need to keep a hair journal. Can't remember when I moisturized my hair last. I've been keeping it tucked away under this wig and now I'm losing track of what I'm doing and when. My hair is soft and moisturized but I'm trying to minimize manipulation so I don't want to take it down if I just did it a few days ago. My memory sucks smh. School is ruining my brain

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
for all who are familiar with Komaza Care, what does the Moku Hair Butter smell like? the more descriptive the better. I've been burned before lol

FollicleFanatic

I need to keep a hair journal. Can't remember when I moisturized my hair last. I've been keeping it tucked away under this wig and now I'm losing track of what I'm doing and when. My hair is soft and moisturized but I'm trying to minimize manipulation so I don't want to take it down if I just did it a few days ago. My memory sucks smh. School is ruining my brain

Hey! A member here created an app called The Hair Diary. I use it for all hair related stuff.

Evolving78

This is my dream/ideal hair length straight and curly. How long would it take for me to get to this length do you think? My last relaxer was December 26 I think. Now that I see how fun color is (and I'm single) I really feel detached from longer hair goals. It's just not worth the extra time to me.
by the fall!

sweetpea7

This is my dream/ideal hair length straight and curly. How long would it take for me to get to this length do you think? My last relaxer was December 26 I think. Now that I see how fun color is (and I'm single) I really feel detached from longer hair goals. It's just not worth the extra time to me.

It looks like her hairs about 5/6 inches so you could definitely get there by the last quarter of the year

Guinan

Re-Branding
Went to my local sallys today and just discovered that they are now selling goddess curls products! !!! Im super excited. When I went in December they weren't selling it.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
First time using Jamaican Black Castor Oil and I used it in the form of JBC Leave-in from Shea Moisture. My scalp feels so good with it, I'm considering getting straight JBC and mixing stuff myself. And I found this deal online with free shipping for anybody interested. Check the "sale items" as well because they have 16 oz. of regular castor oil for $4.49 and many other items:

http://www.pipingrock.com/hair-care...GypsHV2XDHl4JR_b1xzw2ukqNJvqcaaOrnBoCpiTw_wcB

Last edited:

Anaisin

Is is wrong to offer somebody hair products when they didn't ask? Seems like it would be rude. The girl in class that I saw with that awesome natural hair wig that I thought was real seems to be transitioning/big chopping. Her hair was just neck length now today it's way shorter with what looks like relaxed edges I guess then a fro in the back. Like that was her leave out she had for sew ins. I have a ton of products that don't work. Maybe I'll try to start a hair convo with her....

mz.rae

Having a good hair week yaaaaaas!!! Wash and go's are going to be my thing from now on. Dear Natural Hair, I am sorry for getting mad at you and threatening you with the creamy crack. I promise to communicate with you better, treat you delicately, and help you to reach your full potential.

Signed by someone that is truly sorry.

NaturallyATLPCH

for all who are familiar with Komaza Care, what does the Moku Hair Butter smell like? the more descriptive the better. I've been burned before lol

whiteoleander91, if I recall when I ordered it a couple of years ago, it had a slight sweet distinct smell. Not necessarily dessert sweet, or fruity sweet, but it smelled good to me. I can't really describe it, but I want to order it again. The scent may have changed though.

CodeRed

First time using Jamaican Black Castor Oil and I used it in the form of JBC Leave-in from Shea Moisture. My scalp feels so good with it, I'm considering getting straight JBC and mixing stuff myself. And I found this deal online with free shipping for anybody interested. Check the "sale items" as well because they have 16 oz. of regular castor oil for $4.49 and many other items:

http://www.pipingrock.com/hair-care...GypsHV2XDHl4JR_b1xzw2ukqNJvqcaaOrnBoCpiTw_wcB

Yep. I found that website two weeks ago...like it a lot... going to start getting what oils they have available from there. Spend $40 and get free shipping? Easy with oils :yep:

CodeRed

I think I'm going to start doing to my ends whatever I'm doing to my scalp... I oil my scalp before I exercise/overnight and I think I'm going to start doing the same with the ends of my hair. Makes for smoother, well-conditioned ends.

meka72

Yep. I found that website two weeks ago...like it a lot... going to start getting what oils they have available from there. Spend $40 and get free shipping? Easy with oils :yep:

Generally, I've found if you go through google shopping, you get free shipping without a minimum order on Piping Rock. Just FYI.

julzinha

I'm just completely done with the natural hair community. It is literally the same bs different words. How can naturals complain about self hate among relaxed women yet not acknowledge thriving self hate among the natural hair community. There are type 4 naturals that only follow type 3 blogs and channels begging these women to tell them how to get their type 4 hair to look like theirs.

naija24

I'm just completely done with the natural hair community. It is literally the same bs different words. How can naturals complain about self hate among relaxed women yet not acknowledge thriving self hate among the natural hair community. There are type 4 naturals that only follow type 3 blogs and channels begging these women to tell them how to get their type 4 hair to look like theirs.

OMG YASSSS

it's so infuriating. "how can i elongate my curls???" "how do i get my curl pattern to look like _____???"

it's everywhere. i thought the whole point of the natural hair community was to EMBRACE YOUR NATURAL HAIR. not make people feel guilty about getting relaxers, chop all your hair off, and then spend the rest of your money and life trying to change what God gave you. some of these women are spending the same amount of money on curl texture changing products as they did on relaxers and heat tools before their big chop. it makes no damn sense.

neiiya

I absolutely agree. It is important to pick "hair idols" with the same hair texture that you yourself have. I side eye everytime I see this. At least stick with the same race.

I think setting realistic goals for hair growth rate is important too. My goal is 2 inches in 4 months but my growth rate varies. I am happy for progress.

I must manipulate my hair. I must stretch it and smooth and elongate my curls. I have type 4 hair. If I don't, I will get ssks,and tangles since I am heat free. Those ssks and tangles cause damage and breakage.

If there is a method that I see that will benefit my hair I will use it, I don't care what hair type they have. We have type 3s and 4s in my family but we all use the same stuff and methods.

I don't suffer from hair envy. I am consistant with my regimen. I tweak it now and then. I try to cause as little trauma to my hair and that means braid outs and twist outs and elogating my curls. I am not trying to be something I am not. I am styling my hair. Relaxed ladies style their hair too.

We don't need to start this hair envy/hair type war mess. Let us encourage each other. Do you and I'll do me.

I do not want to start Lipstick Alley'ing up in here.