Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SVT

Folks really messed up. It's out of my hands now. Good luck. :perplexed

I've been asked to explain my comment. I closed the other Random Thoughts thread due to multiple reports of offensive posts by multiple members. Similar scenarios have happened before and the resolutions were not to everyone's liking. I feel some deja vu due to this latest thread closing.

Just finished pouring a lil likka for RT Hair Forum version. Godspeed. :nono:

AlliCat

EDIT... :look:

How's everyone's growth doing so far?

Average! 1 inch in 2 months. I think Biotin is helping because my growth rate is usually even less.

I'm going to get off this journey in 2012. Whatever I have at the end of the year is going to be it. I'm ready to slang my ish
How are you planning on changing your regimen once you reach your goals? Clearly you're gonna ditch protective styling :lol: but what about deep conditioning? moisturizing? Hopefully you're not just gonna quit cold turkey, the hair journey is ongoing :yep:

curlyninjagirl

What the bleep happened?? The other RT thread was....cozier somehow. I'm on this site an embarrassing number of times daily, how could I have possibly missed something?? :whyme:

nappystorm

Average! 1 inch in 2 months. I think Biotin is helping because my growth rate is usually even less.

How are you planning on changing your regimen once you reach your goals? Clearly you're gonna ditch protective styling :lol: but what about deep conditioning? moisturizing? Hopefully you're not just gonna quit cold turkey, the hair journey is ongoing :yep:

Well not much. I keep it pretty simple but I will stop obsessing over every little inch. I will simply be in maintenance mode. I'm going to start trimming on a regular basis. I like blunt, freshly cut ends:yep:. I'm going to stop slipping and sliding all over the bed with these satin sheets and pillowcases too. I think the $200 individual braids will stop too unless I just get tired of my hair.

Curlybeauty

What the bleep happened?? The other RT thread was....cozier somehow. I'm on this site an embarrassing number of times daily, how could I have possibly missed something?? :whyme:

PM land honey, PM land.

Our beloved RT thread is not the place :look:

I need this site to last me until next year when I hit BSL :perplexed

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Tried Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturzing treatment and it was THE BOMB!!!!!!!
AND IT SMELLS DELICIOUS!!!! Why did I not try this before. I am glad I got it for 6.99 instead of the reg price of 10.99
I can't wait for it to go on sale again so I can get 3 more.

Whoever has not tried this needs to get it.

AlliCat

AND IT SMELLS DELICIOUS!!!! Why did I not try this before. I am glad I got it for 6.99 instead of the reg price of 10.99

I tried this it's pretty good! I used it on my little sister's thick APL natural hair and it melted the tangles with a quickness.

AlliCat

Can't wait for the Toronto meetup in June with all the LHCF ladies in the greater Toronto area. Plenty of things to discuss.

IMFOCSD

Yes ma'am this conditioner smells sooooo delicious, i haven't used it in years through....now u got me thinkn.

KimPossibli

Supergirl
what happened to the other thread...

anyway...

faithVA
AlliCat
LushLox

thank you very much. you guys gave me a little confidence in using these oils. :)

I havent done anything with the jojoba oil yet but...
last night I braided up my hair to sleep and applied phyto 9 and then the Argan oil (texture feels just like vit e to me ) and I kinda liked it

can't say I am in love with it. but I liked it. it was light and not greasy somehow. not getting a lot of bling but that doesnt bother me too much. :)

One of the things I need to do as I transition is to remember the lessons I learnt with my previous natural journeys

keep it simple..
keep it stretched
keep it less greasy.
it will frizz .. that is what is does
don't wish for no curl pattern because honey you dont have any :)
no products with beeswax in them.. it will build up and break your hair off.
keep it clean.. at least once a week wash..
give your self time to try out a style
dont leave the house unless you are reasonably comfortable with your hair.. them itches can smell insecurity

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Yes ma'am this conditioner smells sooooo delicious, i haven't used it in years through....now u got me thinkn.

GET IT, GET IT, GET IT :lick:

I wish it was on sale :sad:

But alas I must wait for my beloved.

Since I've switched my hair stuff for the spring through the end of fall my hiar has just been acting wonderfully YEAH. Boy of Boy if I had my APL hair now......:yep:

faithVA

I definitely want to try this. But right now I am in the Use Up Your Stash Challenge and still have 4 or 5 other conditioners to use up first. :ohwell: But it is on my wish list. Thanks for the recommendation.

faithVA

what happened to the other thread...

I havent done anything with the jojoba oil yet but...
last night I braided up my hair to sleep and applied phyto 9 and then the Argan oil (texture feels just like vit e to me ) and I kinda liked it

To really get a true test of the oils you may have to try it on hair with no product. I have a few twists I use to try different things out. Then I do a comparison the next day.

NikkiQ

Seems like I missed a lot (damn that new puppy taking up all my time)

I'm starting to entertain the idea of wearing my natural hair to work a little bit more and give the wigs a rest for a bit, but idk how to do it without looking like the newly natural styling impaired person that I am.

NikkiQ

I definitely want to try this. But right now I am in the Use Up Your Stash Challenge and still have 4 or 5 other conditioners to use up first. :ohwell: But it is on my wish list. Thanks for the recommendation.

It's one of the best DCs I've ever used. I'm SO mad that I used all mine up in the challenge though. I'm trying my best not to buy any since I have other DCs I can use, but I miss it so :sad: