Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

greight

I'm new to wigs, but I don't know where to start. What's the best way to get in so I don't look like a hotmess with my wig? I want to get a lacefront.

I like this length:
Her application looks complicated to me as a newbie, but I love how her hairline looks in the end - it looks quite realistic and nice:
But do I have to apply the wig on daily? How long does it take?

icsonia22

I had plans to start washing my hair once a week instead of once a month, but now I'm tired of my hair. I want a protective style that I can keep in for 4-6 weeks that'll give me access to my scalp and won't make my skin itch. Wigs make me itch, I'm too tender headed for braids, and crochet braids make my scalp sore. Maybe I'll give bunning a go.

MzSwift

I had plans to start washing my hair once a week instead of once a month, but now I'm tired of my hair. I want a protective style that I can keep in for 4-6 weeks that'll give me access to my scalp and won't make my skin itch. Wigs make me itch, I'm too tender headed for braids, and crochet braids make my scalp sore. Maybe I'll give bunning a go.

I duuno if this will be feasible for you but I used mini braids to grow out my hair. Because of my hair texture it was the only way I could do daily WNGs without all of the ssks. I started back in 2010 when I had only 3” of hair and I still rock them now.

Once you spend all of the time putting them in, you can just refresh them one by one at your own pace and keep them in for months at a time. I wash, cowash, DC and everything else in them like they are loose hair. You can also style and bun them like loose hair.

Here are some pix of mine on natural and texlaxed hair. But if you google mini braids, you’ll see a lot of pretty images.

View media item 107721
View media item 128817
View media item 129811
View media item 129813

Last edited:

faithVA

@faithVA
Hi!!

Do you feel the split ender is a good investment?
My answered is mixed. I like the split ender because I don't have to take off 1 inch to get rid of 1/4 inch. It is also easy to use.

My only concern is what to do when a replacement blade is needed. I'm not sure if the company makes replacement blades. However, eve if you use it once a month it will probably get old before the blades get dull. I sliced my finger on it last year and my unit is 3 years old.

Knowing what I know I would buy it again. Just wanted you to understand some of the issues.

spacetygrss

I LOVE reliable vendors.

I ordered products from Kindred Butters right at the New Year. They were supposed to come in ~ 3 weeks (I placed a decent-sized order). About 1.5 weeks in she messaged me to let me know that Etsy was making it difficult for her to print a shipping label, but the package was on it's way and she was "throwing in a shea butter." I was pretty unbothered since I wasn't really supposed to have my items yet anyhow. A few days later my package arrived. She didn't just throw in a tiny little sample. She gave me a free 12 (?) 0z tub of fabulously whipped shea butter....and she didn't even need to do that because the items weren't even late to begin with! Love it!

icsonia22

I duuno if this will be feasible for you but I used mini braids to grow out my hair. Because of my hair texture it was the only way I could do daily WNGs without all of the ssks. I started back in 2010 when I had only 3” of hair and I still rock them now.

Once you spend all of the time putting them in, you can just refresh them one by one at your own pace and keep them in for months at a time. I wash, cowash, DC and everything else in them like they are loose hair. You can also style and bun them like loose hair.

Here are some pix of mine on natural and texlaxed hair. But if you google mini braids, you’ll see a lot of pretty images.

View media item 107721
View media item 128817
View media item 129811
View media item 129813
I used to rock those all he time before I went and chopped the back of my hair off. I'll have to let the back grow out a bit more before I can revisit my beloved mini braids. Yours are gorgeous!

Britt

I need a really good light yet emollient moisturizer to use as a moisturizer/leave in before I apply my stylist product. When I was natural before Camille Rose's fresh curl was perfect but she changed the formula. It was light yet incredibly moisturizing and emollient. It just melted into my strands instead of being a thick greasy cream that just sits on the surface.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I need a really good light yet emollient moisturizer to use as a moisturizer/leave in before I apply my stylist product. When I was natural before Camille Rose's fresh curl was perfect but she changed the formula. It was light yet incredibly moisturizing and emollient. It just melted into my strands instead of being a thick greasy cream that just sits on the surface.

Try Shescentit Cranberry cocktail @Britt

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I'm going through some hair apathy. I was anxious about getting to APL awhile ago, but now that I'm almost there I'm kind of like 'well ok, that's that'. Obviously I want to get to the next goal, but that doesn't require anything but waiting another year and doing the same thing. I don't really have anything else to talk about or post about, and until I grow out my heat damage I grow less and less inclined to even post pictures of my hair. I most likely will not renew when my subscription is up unless it renews for me. I'm sure I'll end up coming back around, as I always do, but as of now I'm just in a waiting phase and I'm ready to turn my focus to other things.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
On another note, my hair is rebelling after being straight for not even a week. Also, rushing my last wash day probably didn't help. Heavy oiled and leaving it in over night, then washing and DCing with heat for an hour in the morning. Never again.