Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

toaster

I love I create hold. I’ve been wearing my hair curly for the last year and a half and this has become one of my staple products. It smooths my hair really well and has a nice soft hold.
Hiiii! I’ll be sitting through the wash and go thread trying to pick up tips. I’m hopeful my stylist has some suggestions but as soon as I realized I was trying something new with my hair I knew I needed LHCF back.

GettingKinky

Hiiii! I’ll be sitting through the wash and go thread trying to pick up tips. I’m hopeful my stylist has some suggestions but as soon as I realized I was trying something new with my hair I knew I needed LHCF back.

I learned a lot about getting my wash n go working from following @iamblackgirlcurls. Their personalities are a little brusque, but they have solid information.

Lissa0821

A few months ago I decided to stop coloring my hair and embracing my greys. When with each week, it feels like it is showing up more and more as the color is washed out of my hair. I now realize I need to learn how to care for my "new" head of hair. Right now I have a lot of breakage with the line of demarcation of old colored hair and grey hair meet. I am confident I will figure the right products to use and continue to grow out a lash head of grey hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I tried that over hyped color wow dream coat and I’m not impressed. It’s marketed as a mini keratin treatment that lasts up to 4 shampoos. Supposedly your hair will be immune to humidity during this time. It was easy to apply, didn’t smell like anything, was watery, and my hair was difficult to detangle after my blow dry. I gave the bottle to my friend with 2c, 3b hair. My 4b coils were not having it.

imaginary

I've decided on a loctician. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I admit one of the main draws was that she said I absolutely did not have to cut 5 inches (YES FIVE) of hair to begin. Also I think she does good work with delicate edges, so here's me hoping for the best (and that I don't chicken out).

GGsKin

Last night I massaged my scalp with coffee and fenugreek oil and lightly sprayed my hair with a rice water + leave in mix before 'setting' it for bed. Today I styled it in a bun with a loose braid in the front.

I've been umming and ahh-ing between braiding my hair down as is- semi straight (to go under a wig) or washing it before hand. Writing it down, I may just wash and condition tomorrow as think my hair does need some replenishment before I put it away.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I think I found some old formulas of Infusium 23. I don’t remember who used to like it, but here’s a picture for old times sake
1A4E073F-29CE-414E-987F-BFF3750ECD6C.jpeg
sorry y’all idk why these pictures keep coming out sideways now. I keep resizing them and they’re still sideways.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I don’t know who here posted about You Go Naturals and their head wraps but thank you :clap: I am loving the turbans and I’m about to try a pre-tied bun wrap.
That was probably me lol. You’re welcome :blush2:
I personally prefer the t-shirt wraps over the turbans. It’s probably because my face shape is more suited to the t-shirt bun style lol. I like their headbands too.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I don’t know what’s been up with me during this pandemic. Typically I can barely leave my hair alone in a protective style for more than three weeks lol. Now, I’ve been in nonstop braids and twists since almost March and I’m going to try to force myself to give my hair a longer break.

I’ve honestly just been doing a day or two in between just to DC and redo the styles, and I don’t see any ill effects on my hair. Still, I’m going to force myself to take a break and bun for about two weeks. I also need a trim. When I push past every 8-10 weeks, I have nothing but drama with these fine ends.