Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

toaster

Thank you ladies!!
I was sleeping in a bonnet but it crushes my wash and go. I bought a buff to sleep in and it will work for a few more months until my hair is longer than the buff.
I’ll try a long silk scarf.

niknakmac

Thank you ladies!!
I was sleeping in a bonnet but it crushes my wash and go. I bought a buff to sleep in and it will work for a few more months until my hair is longer than the buff.

I had this same problem with the bonnet and it also rubbed on my edges. To maintain a wash n go I tie the hair down in the direction I wear it. It will flatten it through the night but the steam from the shower easily plumps it back up without losing any definition.

oneastrocurlie

Thank you ladies!!

If I give my hair a good shake and light fluff it falls back into shape. My hair is shorter though so it's flat after sleeping with nothing or something on it lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My boss’s crotchet braids are pretty. I asked her how she did them and she told me it was braidless. She watched a hack video on YouTube. Basically rubber bands and connected ponytails. I’m tempted. Some kind of braid is happening this week

toaster

I finally had the courage to do a length check post hair cut. Still waist length at the very back. She cut my hair with some face framing layers so it’s definitely not blunt or all one length. I went in with my hair being near hip length.

I think my hair will be shoulder length even if I grow it back out to hip length or beyond. But since wash day doesn’t take that long, I’ll let it grow out as much as I can.

toaster

@toaster Hello! I use both silk pillowcase & bonnet,just in case my silk bonnet comes off I have my silk pillowcase to keep my skin and hair right.

Happy Hair Growing!
Thank you, Lita!! I bought a “buff” to sleep in for my wash and go’s, but I’m also going to get a silk pillowcase.

vevster

I guess I'm keeping my new stylist. I was in the Trader Joe's parking lot on Saturday when a woman pulled up in her car, pulled down her mask and asked me if "that was my natural hair" I told her it was and said that my stylist was in Manhattan. I guess she thought she could find someone good in Long Island - (I haven't been able to) because she made a little face. Instagram is the new business card, so I gave the IG name for her to follow up....

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I dont know how folks set their hair at night. Even if i pineapple my hair gets stretched and if its too loose, then it gets compact.
I sweat in my sleep a lot so if I want my hair to look like it did the previous day, I need to either braid it or twist it at night.

I slept with just a bonnet on and woke up looking like someones aunt with my hair pushed above my eyebrows in a bouffant.

Platinum

I'm overdue for some much needed maintenance. I love doing my own hair but it take sooooo long to do. I'm thinking about going to the shop but sometimes I feel like my scalp doesn't feel as clean as I would like. Am I the only one who feels like your scalp isn't really clean unless you do your own shampooing?