Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Postpartum, my hair has been shedding like crazy and felt coarser & dryer. I expected shedding, but the dryness had me contemplating cutting it all off. Between new baby and homeschooling I havent had the time or inclination to try new products or change my regimen. So I just dealt with it and figured I'd schedule a cut/trim when I had time.

But this last couple weeks I noticed my curls seemed to be clumping more during the wash process, have more shine, and havent been as dry. The shedding is still a lot, but not as bad as it was 4 months ago. This wash day, my hair felt almost silky when I rinsed out my conditioner. The best it's felt in nearly 6 months and without making any changes in my products or routine.

I'm assuming this means it was a hormonal issue and not poor care. Thank goodness! I'm praying my hair will continue improving and I can get back to keeping it simple and growing to longer lengths.

vevster

Companies are getting aggressive with the sales strategy and I am HERE for it!
When I had my color updated they put a new gel in my hair that I really liked. I went to order it with a disc code from IG, but then changed my mind and abandoned my cart. They emailed my an additional 5 dollars off via paypal! So I caved and got the Curly / Coily kit.

GGsKin

Companies are getting aggressive with the sales strategy and I am HERE for it!
When I had my color updated they put a new gel in my hair that I really liked. I went to order it with a disc code from IG, but then changed my mind and abandoned my cart. They emailed my an additional 5 dollars off via paypal! So I caved and got the Curly / Coily kit.

I love a discount. And extra discount :toocool:

HealthyHair2020

My scalp has not been itchy all week! Feels like a miracle. The only difference in my regimen this week is that I started using As I Am JBCO Water again on my scalp and hair this week. Definitely have to keep that on deck from now on.

Lita

what happened?

@GettingKinky Hello! I was watching a young YouTuber and apparently she’s new to being a natural,she said her hair type was 3b/3c but it’s more 4b and the troll attacks on her was/are insane..Folks accusing her on wanting a loser curl/wanting to be something she’s not etc,etc..Just insanity all around..o_O This is not new,the past couple of months,I have witnessed other Naturals being bullied as well.

Happy Hair Growing!

toaster

Already thinking about my upcoming curly hair shaping in January. I want to grow my hair out, so I don’t want to take off much length. All the super cute angled shapes I see live above the shoulders and not below the shoulders. I have a lot of hair, but most of my strands are fine, and even curly my hair doesn’t have a ton of “volume.”

I need to stop comparing my hair/journey to others and just accept how my hair hangs.

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky Hello! I was watching a young YouTuber and apparently she’s new to being a natural,she said her hair type was 3b/3c but it’s more 4b and the troll attacks on her was/are insane..Folks accusing her on wanting a loser curl/wanting to be something she’s not etc,etc..Just insanity all around..o_O This is not new,the past couple of months,I have witnessed other Naturals being bullied as well.

Happy Hair Growing!

That’s so sad. I don’t see any upside to this whole hair typing system.

Embyra

Going to co wash my hair. I shampooed last Wednesday and used the qhemet amla on wet hair. It made my hair so dry.

it’s my own fault it says to use on dry or damp hair which I normally do.

vevster

I don't get the clumpage I want from the Curlsmith Souffle --- that is why I prefer the In Shower Styling gel. However, the cast is soft though, once broken.......

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Blow dried and flat ironed my hair for the first time by myself in years (and first time as a natural). I have had it flat ironed by a stylist though but never by me. I needed to trim my ends as my last trim was in March and I didn't want to go to a stylist.

Pleased how long my hair is getting and hope I did a decent job getting rid of those bad ends. And the poof is already happening LOL. So glad I am not a straight natural.

NaturallyFlawless

Those interested in faster hair growth look into this revolutionary product. I’d love for you all to try it and review it here and on Facebook

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside

Happy Hair Growing!
And yet I wouldn't be surprised if some of these SAME people flock to those videos featuring people with type 3 hair claiming to be type 4 for views, hoping that they can get the same 'curl definition' by copying their routines.

Lita

And yet I wouldn't be surprised if some of these SAME people flock to those videos featuring people with type 3 hair claiming to be type 4 for views, hoping that they can get the same 'curl definition' by copying their routines.

@AmethystLily You are absolutely right,these folks are doing the most fit views.

Happy Hair Growing!

Neomorph

I have fallen in love with Briogeo Don’t Despair Hair mask. But now I found out that they changed the formula. ☹
luckilyI still have 2 unopened containers, but this is one of their most popular products, why would they change the formula?!?

That's what always get me about these curly/natural hair companies. Like I can understand reformulating a product that wasn't really well received...but when you have something that's very popular why change it? If it ain broke, don't fix it.

Shadow_Lace

I have fallen in love with Briogeo Don’t Despair Hair mask. But now I found out that they changed the formula. ☹
luckilyI still have 2 unopened containers, but this is one of their most popular products, why would they change the formula?!?
That would explain all of the promos/sales of the product on their website, & on Sephora's website... :rolleyes:
Is the newer formula online anywhere?
I wish companies would at least give a heads-up prior to re-formulating products!