Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

jamaica68

So, my ignorant butt tried the semi-permanent color from Jerom Punky Color in Ebony rather than waiting to find the one I wanted and I came out like a Smurf! My bathtub is smurfed, my feet and hands are smurfed, just Smurf everywhere. This happened in the shower. Beware.

Yikes, I'm sorry that happened to you. Now I'm hearing the smurf song in my head.:look:

gemruby41

I wanted to add to this. I just checked the Sephora website. They posted the newer ingredients list for the DDR mask.
Unfortunately, it's like your post.
Why'd she put all of the conditioning agents towards the bottom?

Oils, some humectants, hydrolyzed proteins, then the actual conditioning agents near the bottom? :confused:

Now how much slip will be lost with this formulation?

There's different ways to combine the ingredients, so they don't compromise the integrity of the hair.
I tried the new formula, and my hair was very tangled. It had no slip. My hair felt as if it was stripped with shampoo. The previous formula made my hair so soft, and the slip was great.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I'm curious about curls. My hair is mostly wavy. I mean I don't have a lot of those boing-boing curls except for in the back. Is this normal? Are other people doing something to get more boing-boings like twisting or something? I love that hair with all the clumped boings!
Boing boings crack me up lmao. But to answer your question, it’s really up to your hair. I’ve noticed a lot of people do flat twist outs to get a more uniform pattern.

Mapleoats

For the life of me I will never understand the the hype for the Felicia leatherwood detangling brush. I used this brush exclusively for over a year, and it was always so difficult to get through my hair, and took forever to detangle! I thought this was just par for the course with my hair. Few months ago I went on a whim and tried a bunch of new detangling brushes. The big winner was a $5 brush from Sally’s that I hadn’t heard anyone talking about. the Sally’s brush just glides through my hair, literally I can detangle my whole head in 20 minutes if I want to now. Anyway just picked up the FL brush for the first time in months. Tried to brush through a TINY section of hair that was not even very tangled, and it still got stuck!!! I’m about ready to chuck that thing.

(I also like the tangle teezer for smoothing my hair after detangling with my Sally’s brush :) )

GettingKinky

For the life of me I will never understand the the hype for the Felicia leatherwood detangling brush. I used this brush exclusively for over a year, and it was always so difficult to get through my hair, and took forever to detangle! I thought this was just par for the course with my hair. Few months ago I went on a whim and tried a bunch of new detangling brushes. The big winner was a $5 brush from Sally’s that I hadn’t heard anyone talking about. the Sally’s brush just glides through my hair, literally I can detangle my whole head in 20 minutes if I want to now. Anyway just picked up the FL brush for the first time in months. Tried to brush through a TINY section of hair that was not even very tangled, and it still got stuck!!! I’m about ready to chuck that thing.

(I also like the tangle teezer for smoothing my hair after detangling with my Sally’s brush :) )

I like the Felicia learherwood brush, but I haven’t tried any of the other brushes. As long as my hair is saturated with conditioner and water l, it goes through really easily. Of course I don’t have nearly as much hair as you do.

Mapleoats

I like the Felicia learherwood brush, but I haven’t tried any of the other brushes. As long as my hair is saturated with conditioner and water l, it goes through really easily. Of course I don’t have nearly as much hair as you do.
Maybe my hair is just too thick for it, but if it works for you I’m glad! A lot of people really do love that brush :yep:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

I thought the FD brush was hype, but it worked very well for me. I was so blown away by the performance, I bought another one. Do you have a pic or link to the Sally's brush? I'd spend $5 to test it ou.

Mapleoats

I can finally get my twist outs into a comfortable, low tension and decent looking bun. This done changed the game for me y’all.

I thought the FD brush was hype, but it worked very well for me. I was so blown away by the performance, I bought another one. Do you have a pic or link to the Sally's brush? I'd spend $5 to test it ou.
Yes this is the brush! https://www.sallybeauty.com/tools-a...hion-less-vented-paddle-brush/SBS-680993.html

Edit — just read the reviews for this brush on Sally’s. Hadn’t read them before but apparently everyone says it breaks really easy. Idk about that, ive been using this brush on my hair for a few months now and haven’t had any issues. If it breaks on me I will definitely repurchase

Last edited:

MilkChocolateOne

I can finally get my twist outs into a comfortable, low tension and decent looking bun. This done changed the game for me y’all.

Yes this is the brush! https://www.sallybeauty.com/tools-a...hion-less-vented-paddle-brush/SBS-680993.html

Edit — just read the reviews for this brush on Sally’s. Hadn’t read them before but apparently everyone says it breaks really easy. Idk about that, ive been using this brush on my hair for a few months now and haven’t had any issues. If it breaks on me I will definitely repurchase
I have this brush. I love it. I have the Phillips version too. It lasts longer than the one from Sally’s

1603571430919.jpeg

Last edited:

LavenderMint

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab deep conditioner has A Smell.
I’m on the fence about whether I like it or not (the scent) but my hair is so soft clumped right now, I might have to just deal with it.