Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

VictoriousBrownFlower

qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream is actually really good.... i bought qhemet once b4 but it was the burdock root cream and i didnt love it so didnt bother ordering anything else from them ( i'm the opposite of a pj). My hair has been feeling so dry since i stopped using myhoneychild's dc's so bought a sample of both the burdock root and the amla and olive creams... I am so glad i did. I untwisted each twist and put a dab of product on the length of each section then twisted it back up for the wk.... i just took my hair down and i'm suprised. My hair feels somewhat nnormal again:drunk:..

I'm gonna wash tomorrow and put in this concoction i made with 1 avocado, honey, some shea moisture manuka honey dc, aloe vera juice, a tbsp of my shea butter mix, and some of my homemade herbal oil. Hopefully my hair will like it...

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am going to start a rollersetting challenge for 2021 :yep: the old threads are epic, so much fantastic information and pretty pictures. I’ve been reading through them and I set twice this week. The second time was greatly improved due to tips from the 2014 thread.

Mapleoats

I am going to start a rollersetting challenge for 2021 :yep: the old threads are epic, so much fantastic information and pretty pictures. I’ve been reading through them and I set twice this week. The second time was greatly improved due to tips from the 2014 thread.
YES YES PLEASEEEE!! tag me when you do, I would love a 2021 challenge thread :yep: .Those old threads were so fun to read and so helpful!!

also, post your pics from your last set!!! I wanna seee:drunk:

icsonia22

This is week 5 of not washing my hair and surprisingly my scalp isn't too itchy. I'm going to try to stretch this out until week 9 when my mom can come over and help me. If i start blacking out from standing up cooking and have to sit down, I know there's no way I'm getting through a wash day. The joys of pregnancy

GettingKinky

This is week 5 of not washing my hair and surprisingly my scalp isn't too itchy. I'm going to try to stretch this out until week 9 when my mom can come over and help me. If i start blacking out from standing up cooking and have to sit down, I know there's no way I'm getting through a wash day. The joys of pregnancy

I’m so sorry to hear that. That sounds really rough.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I'm hoping that Revair has a Black Friday sale. I really want this blow dryer. Regular blow drying is too much work and too damaging for my fine hair. I've have pulled out so much hair in the pass when attempting to blow dry.

I'm going to go another year on this long-term transition to natural hair. Just made it to 1 year this month! Had thought about going for another 2 years but let not get ahead of ourselves.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
We cut baby J hair last year I think in August. Before that It was in the middle of his back and then cut it to his ears. Then in August we cut it low.
I was doing twists last night and his hair in the back is back to the middle of his back. One year. I guess if I kept my own hair in twists every 3 weeks Id be mid back my darn self. Smh.

vevster

OMG that Be MY Curl kit was everything. 2nd day hair going strong!

They used the gel on me when I visited my colorist, so when I followed them on IG they sent me a coupon. I bought the kit and my hair came out dare I say shinier and better than ..... my beloved Curlsmith!

I'm going to be trying the gel with other things

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Finally got my winter/spring batch of BGLH whipped butters. My skin and hair are very happy :yep: I was buying whipped butter from Whole Foods for a while out of laziness because I hate waiting on packages, but her butters are whipped much better and are more affordable, nicer scents too. Plus I’d much rather be giving my money to a Black woman than Whole Foods (aka evil villain Jeff Bezos).

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I feel that there are a lot of silk press stylists stressing type four hair out by starting off with the denman during the blowdry part. Sometimes that comb attachment is much less stressful on kinkier hair and then you can finish it off with the denman to get it ultra smooth. I get very straight results this way on all type 4 hair, from my fine 4a/b to family members with thick 4c. The Paul Mitchell super skinny serum helps too.