Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sarabellam

I did a henna gloss for the first time in ~1 year. I only had ~90 mins to let the henna sit in my hair. I still had decent color deposit. My grey strands changed to a light orange brown color that is close to my skin tone. I don’t hate it and it fit into my schedule.

Mix:
Nupur henna
Bringhraj
Leftover conditioners (Giovanni direct leave in and as I am cowash)
A splash of green tea (for fun)

Cowashed with remaining as I am cowash
DC with GVP it’s a 10 Deep conditioner

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Where are we buying our bonnets nowadays? I would really prefer a flat brim. I have some cheaper ones but I want a better quality one.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Where are we buying our bonnets nowadays? I would really prefer a flat brim. I have some cheaper ones but I want a better quality one.
I got mine from Beautifully Biracial on Etsy, over sized with a drawstring and Ankara print. I also got some satin lined scrub caps from Etsy that tie down flat. I wear them to work but they could double as bonnets that lay your edges.

Mapleoats

Ugh I need a trim so bad. I’m pretty sure the breakage I’m seeing is due to increased force needed to detangle. I’m getting so much more knots as well.

I have a silk press appointment a little over a month from now but I’m still going to trim after my next wash. I need to stop this breakage and I’m like 50% sure my appointment might get cancelled due to a lock down. Cases are rising quickly in my area :(

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Get to a dermatologist ASAP! My dermatologist recommends cortisone shots to help stop any scalp inflammation and save any hair follicles in the area.

Are you using any high tension styles? Do you feel any soreness in the area?
After I took the braids out my hair has just been loose with a scarf or my pretied headwrap on top. I only feel soreness because I kept rubbing in that area. I thought it was my hair parted funny, but no it’s a bald spot lol. My next step is to find a good dermatologist.

toaster

After I took the braids out my hair has just been loose with a scarf or my pretied headwrap on top. I only feel soreness because I kept rubbing in that area. I thought it was my hair parted funny, but no it’s a bald spot lol. My next step is to find a good dermatologist.
You probably spotted it early. I would give braids and any tension styles a break for now and focus on easing the inflammation.

ChemistryGirl

@ItsMeLilLucky
Check out this website to help you find a dermatologist with experience in hair loss in black women. The sire was started by a black female dermatologist.

Mapleoats

Blow drying my hair always makes it feel kinda coarse. Not smooth like a rollerset. Or even a pass on the flat iron at a low temp makes my hair feel smooth (but not straight)

why does the blow dryer make my hair feel rough? Is my technique bad, or is this normal?

(I primarily use the revlon one step paddle to blow dry)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Blow drying my hair always makes it feel kinda coarse. Not smooth like a rollerset. Or even a pass on the flat iron at a low temp makes my hair feel smooth (but not straight)

why does the blow dryer make my hair feel rough? Is my technique bad, or is this normal?

(I primarily use the revlon one step paddle to blow dry)
Are you making sure to always aim the air down towards the ends in the direction the cuticles lay?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I have always been curious about using olive oil in my DCs, but brushed it aside because I want my good quality EVOO in my salads and pastas instead lol.

Well now that I’m trying to be strict with my calories to lose some weight lbs, I added some on top of the silk elements megasilk deep conditioner, sat under the dryer, and I really like it. There seems to be some added shine to my hair and it doesn’t feel too heavy. I may keep doing this.

Theresamonet

I went ahead and ordered a length check t-shirt for the first time and i've been on hair boards for more than a decade at this point :lol:
i just really want to achieve blunt APL on my blowdried natural hair (i get more consistent results blowdrying than flatironing, so i think it's better for length checks) after a trim in 2021 and i'm done growing hair, so i figure the shirt will give me some precise info on how my hair is doing from quarter to quarter. or maybe every two months
I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a length check shirt since the Fall of 2009. :lol:

Where did you purchase yours?

icsonia22

One more week...just hold on one more week scalp. I'm so tempted to give in and wash my hair myself because after 8 weeks, my scalp is getting itchy. However, i tend to get frustrated with my hair during pregnancy and do something stupid. This is the closest that I've ever been to my goals so I just need to hold out until my mom visits Lord willing next week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I get the best curl definition from smoothing treatments like keratin. I’m currently doing a prismax smoothing treatment and the cream makes my little kinks pop. Makes me wanna just style it and ditch the blow dryer