Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
1610849523739.png

I ordered a 3 pack on amaz - on for $9.99 @OhTall1

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Displeased with Hsooq's argan oil. Besides the fact they charge 10 bucks (no other optoon) for 'expedited' shipping and you receive a week later, though the location is 40 min from my house (I didn't drive cuz the gas it'll take is still more than shipping cost) the box it came in was CLEARLY someone's used box.. old and tattered and raggedy .. the item itself had leaked...ETA: not much but im really peeved about the box ( what if i had meant it as a gift? )

AND it felt thin to the point of not being moisturizing ..

my Argan oil from Be Better brand is indupitably more moisturizing and feels like it has more substance to it.

This one smells like olive oil and really thin and insubstantial esp considering the price. I won't be repurchasing this one from them anyway.

Last edited:

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I feel bad about the above statements bcuz I do want to support a brand headed by someone who seems so enthusiastic, hardworking and sincere. Plus a woman-owned company.

So just to say it may be that the 'thin' effect is that it's absorbed better like squalane.

might be a good thing in the long run. Haven't has a chance to try it out longer than a day to have a true opinion. The mild scent reminiscent of olive oil Is also in the Be Better brand but less so in the latter.

If the box had looked new and not like a used or old display box being used

(which may be down to covid and not being able to make and ship new ones to Canada fast enough idk) I dont think I'd be looking for faults like this.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
This new natural deodorant did me dirty today at work.
Try Nuxe's. I had a hippie doctor/natural nutrition mom (ie worried about deo/cancer link( and she refused to let us use everything except the natural stuff. No aluminium.
None of them work imo except for NUXE which lacks the bad stuff AFAIK.. i'm on my billionth one

Must shake before use ...my mom didnt and thought hers was a dud

VictoriousBrownFlower

so i got my honey handmade dcs and i'm trying them out as we speak.... i have the hydrating honey hair mask in as a prepoo and will use the honey and hibiscus conditioning mask after i shampoo.... i really hope these can replace my all time fave myhoneychild.....
its been a couple of days since i washed so i decided to take my hair out braid by braid and remoisturize with mielle organics white peony and qhemets amla and olive heavy cream and rebraid.... I have to say i am really impressed with the dc's by honey handmade. my hair hasn't felt this good in a reallllyyyy looonnnggg tiiimmeee... its a def keeper.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
My hair is ANNOYING me so much. I’m not drinking enough water or exercising enough (major depressive disorder), but I like to think my hair gets a lot of my time and care that I CAN give. And I still don’t seem to be getting past the area between APL and MBL. I’m just frustrated right now.
Hey I have depressive disorder too - it messes with everything and can cause projection too much onto things.. like hair too... If it's in a healthy condition and not damaged to absolute pieces (like mine was recently), that's what matters.
Keep it up! And congrats for making it through another day!

alex114

Hey I have depressive disorder too - it messes with everything and can cause projection too much onto things.. like hair too... If it's in a healthy condition and not damaged to absolute pieces (like mine was recently), that's what matters.
Keep it up! And congrats for making it through another day!
Thank you, and same to you! Luckily I have a lot of support from my husband and mom. My mom helped me take down my braids, wash my hair and put it in plaits. Now I just need enough motivation to deep condition my hair before I go to sleep. But I’m so tired

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Got the itch to do something to my hair. But I know good and well I will want to put my hair back into twists again. I took out six twists, detangled, wet the section of loose hair, did a quick blow dry, and flat iron. Feeling is gone. :laugh:
It was nice to play with my hair for a bit and see how much it has grown though.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I finally parted my hair last night :ohwell: :lol:
I have it separated in those flat twists we used to wear back in the day with rubber bands at the ends. Hopefully I’ll be done with my hair by February.