Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Wow, I’m tripping off the fact that it really smells like green tea. Like if you had a blind smell test between ambunu and green tea, you probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. I tasted it too (don’t judge me, judge ya mama :lol: ) and it doesn’t really have a taste, but it’s really gritty. I don’t like that feeling. It probably tastes different cooked lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I watched about 4 diy virgin relaxer videos. I think I can do it myself. I’ll wait until Valentine’s Day or some special occasion. I’ll surprise my man. He hates when I wear wigs, but it’s hard out here in these 4b natural streets.

I never ever ever wear or have worn my hair completely natural. Actually I did when I had a twa for a few months. That first Dominican blowout changed my life though

imaginary

I watched about 4 diy virgin relaxer videos. I think I can do it myself. I’ll wait until Valentine’s Day or some special occasion. I’ll surprise my man. He hates when I wear wigs, but it’s hard out here in these 4b natural streets.

I never ever ever wear or have worn my hair completely natural. Actually I did when I had a twa for a few months. That first Dominican blowout changed my life though

Hey congrats on your new journey! Your hair will just continue to be fab, I'm sure of it.

Try adding those to onion juice. You'll smell like just like Stovetop stuffing...lol

I feel your pain.

Maaaaan. I started making some onion tea and had to slap myself. This is like when I discovered neem by dousing my hair with it before I had to go outside.

I've made some mistakes.

HealthyHair2020

Now I remember why I don't like wash and gos after doing one this week. It just frames my face so weirdly. I like how it looks on the first or second day but after that? Into a puff she goes lol. Rather do a high puff from the beginning rather than turning a wash and go into a high puff later down in the week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’m excited about my little braid out and smoothed edges. I should unravel and see how I did

Update: it came out super cute and lasted all day. I’m losing some definition since I didn’t use much product (suave smoothing cream). Now I’m rocking a low curly pony

Last edited:

ClassyJSP

I've had these box braids in since around Dec 6th and they still look really good. I want to leave them in until around the end of Feb. I just hope I don't run into any issues. I've been taking a washcloth and "cleaning" my scalp and then moisturizing it every other week.

secretdiamond

I need to redo my hair plan since I started exercising daily. By the end of the week my scalp was FUNKY!
Yup! Same! That’s what caused me to have to change my products. If so didn’t know I had issues with my scalp before, I know now! My scalp went crazy when I started doing more cardio on Peloton. I can’t stop working out, so I’ve been trying to reconfigure my entire hair plan. It’s been en eye-opening journey, that’s for sure.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
My scalp just told me “yeah your hair might feel soft and all, and I know I’m not itchy, but I’m THIRSTY. You’ve been playing in ya hineyhole taking your sweet time with this style you’re trying to do. BUT I NEED WATER NOW. Here’s a flake.”
Okay so hear me out:

I still haven’t finished my hair. :duck:
I don’t know what it is about the winter that makes me so lethargic. Like I don’t wanna do anything or go anywhere. I am seriously struggling. It’s bananas. Plus on top of this virtual learning, Sis is tapped out lol. I did take my bonnet off to check on things and so far so good? I don’t know if my hair is tryna trick me or not because I don’t ever remember my hair being this soft and moisturized for so long. Like what the French toast is going on?

kimpaur

Did you finish your hair? How’d you like it?
I am currently sitting under the dryer after a wash and go lol

The temporary color and finger coils on my wet hair were not getting along plus it was taking forever so I just decided to WNG

I still haven’t decided if I like the color yet but this is the first time I’ve tried a WNG and it didn’t turn out a hot mess so I’m excited

Might post a pic if it comes out really cute

kimpaur

Today was the first day I wore a wash n go(ever!) rather than my usual braid out with kinky curly clips ins or a bun

I have literally never worn my hair “out out”, unless I had clip-ins too, since going natural(for the second time)

I feel so ridiculously emotional about it :cry3:

GettingKinky

Today was the first day I wore a wash n go(ever!) rather than my usual braid out with kinky curly clips ins or a bun

I have literally never worn my hair “out out”, unless I had clip-ins too, since going natural(for the second time)

I feel so ridiculously emotional about it :cry3:

I’m so happy for you!!! I completely understand- wearing your own hair out in its natural state is a big deal/scary/exciting. Our hair isn’t really valued/appreciated.

If you plan to wear wash n gos regularly you should join us in the wash n go thread.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Movie

Best friends. One blind. One younger. One older.

he took her on the subway. To go swimming and she said she would never get into water. He said, you’re going to regret not getting in with me.

he’s killed. His mom gives her some of his ashes.

she has her friend take her to the spot. She eases into the lake and releases his ashes as she swims.

im over here trying not to bawl

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Movie

Best friends. One blind. One younger. One older.

he took her on the subway. To go swimming and she said she would never get into water. He said, you’re going to regret not getting in with me.

he’s killed. His mom gives her some of his ashes.

she has her friend take her to the spot. She eases into the lake and releases his ashes as she swims.

im over here trying not to bawl
Look ma’am, I was not trying to be in my feelings at 7:19 am :cry3:

kimpaur

I’m so happy for you!!! I completely understand- wearing your own hair out in its natural state is a big deal/scary/exciting. Our hair isn’t really valued/appreciated.

If you plan to wear wash n gos regularly you should join us in the wash n go thread.

Thanks, I felt so silly typing that, but I figured y’all would understand

Let me mosey on down over to that thread

kimpaur

I made it a goal to let go of the weave and I finally did it

But now all this focus on my actual hair has woke up my inner PJ :lol:

I’ve bought a new Revlon blower,flexi rods (that was a fail), perm rods,multiple mouses and leave-ins,temporary hair dye( LOVE), styling cream plus gel in the last few weeks :lol:

I think I’ll be done once I can get my hands on some curlformers (maybe :look: )but I REFUSE to pay full price and the heifers on EBay keep outbidding me at the last minute minute :burnup: