Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

shasha8685

Way back at the start of my hair journey, I had short hair and pretty much used heat every day. I had to wash and deep condition my hair 2x a week to offset any damage and it worked.

Fast forward to now.....I wash and deep condition my hair 1x a week. I have a good 4 days of wearing my hair out before my hair is dry again. I wonder if I should shift back to the 2x a week model of washing my hair........

Lylddlebit

I just installed crochet-in butterfly twists and they look sooooo good...too bad I am taking it down today. I just remembered why I only put in kinky twists once. The hair is made to matt. Not worth a set back. This braid pattern will work under a wig though so it won't be a total waste. It was worth giving a go. I miss braids but I like my hair more.

***take down complete. It took less than an hour. I was tempted to at least wear them for tomorrow since I took the time to install it but even in taking it down I could see how easily it a few of the pieces started to tangle with my real hair at the root. There were like 3 where pieces where I had to unbraid the braid pattern to slide the false braid out....which was what I was worried about and saw warning signs during my install. I wore braid consistently the entire time I was in school (elementary-college) including crochets so I could tell something was off with how easily the loops tangled. Usually when I braid I only use Kanekalon or human hair but I couldn't see what that hair was made of at all. It just said synthetic. That is probably why I overlooked it when ordering the hair online.

Last edited:

Nunavelli

I just installed crochet-in butterfly twists and they look sooooo good...too bad I am taking it down today. I just remembered why I only put in kinky twists once. The hair is made to matt. Not worth a set back. This braid pattern will work under a wig though so it won't be a total waste. It was worth giving a go. I miss braids but I like my hair more.

***take down complete. It took less than an hour. I was tempted to at least wear them for tomorrow since I took the time to install it but even in taking it down I could see how easily it a few of the pieces started to tangle with my real hair at the root. There were like 3 where pieces where I had to unbraid the braid pattern to slide the false braid out....which was what I was worried about and saw warning signs during my install. I wore braid consistently the entire time I was in school (elementary-college) including crochets so I could tell something was off with how easily the loops tangled. Usually when I braid I only use Kanekalon or human hair but I couldn't see what that hair was made of at all. It just said synthetic. That is probably why I overlooked it when ordering the hair online.
Super glad you realized this before having a setback. :happydance: (my happy dance for you, hehe).

Nunavelli

I have come to terms that I was not chosen by the good Lord to be apart of the "I don't trim/dust/cut my hair" crew. :cry4:

That is just not my testimony, no matter how much I want it to be.

My hair likes to be trimmed. It needs to be cut. It wants to be dusted every 3-6 months. Something about that metal (is it metal, chileee:confused:) coming in contact with my ends activates a level of "ack right" that is unmatched.

My ends right about now after I cut all my little 2021 growth off: :amen:

Realhairdontcare

I feel like my hair is growing back at a fast pace after cutting most of my heat damage off a month ago. The shrinkage is really real though but I’m glad to see it’s back.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This blowout is looking great after 2 weeks. We had a little rain today, but I wore a ponytail. Next appointment is Tuesday. That will determine whether she has skills or it was just a fluke

LushLox

Do any of you guys wear scarves in work Zoom meetings? I’m working from home and starting to feel a bit resentful having to put my hands in my hair just to sort it out for a meeting.

Obviously lots of women do wear scarves publicly but I’ve never done that personally and I don’t have any pretty scarves. I’m going to do it in a way that it looks like I’m just wearing my hair all back in a pony but with like an edge tamer scarf on top. It looks okay, well so I’m trying to convince myself :look::lol:

imaginary

Do any of you guys wear scarves in work Zoom meetings? I’m working from home and starting to feel a bit resentful having to put my hands in my hair just to sort it out for a meeting.

Obviously lots of women do wear scarves publicly but I’ve never done that personally and I don’t have any pretty scarves. I’m going to do it in a way that it looks like I’m just wearing my hair all back in a pony but with like an edge tamer scarf on top. It looks okay, well so I’m trying to convince myself :look::lol:

I absolutely do scarves for work. Just make it high and fancy looking, with a richly coloured scarf.

or

Lylddlebit

No but I a few wigs on standby.

faithVA

I wear a scarf covered by a loc soc. My head is too big for wigs and some days my head is just not ready for prime time :lol:

Attachments

• 20201015_162306.jpg
    20201015_162306.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 19

LushLox

Thanks ladies I’m going to have to invest in some pretty scarves. And then I’ll have practice tying them in nice styles so I don’t look too strange. :lol:

Theresamonet

Does anyone have a recent experience with Njoy’s growth oil? I’m looking for a good growth oil (if there even is such a thing).