Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

vevster

I’m on vacation and wanted a hair cut next week. My Stylist was booked until May. So I booked a cut where I get my color. More convenient for me. Hope I like it.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just visited the new Dominican salon. My hair smells much better this time. I let her do a deep conditioner. It isn’t as sleek or shiny as last time. I believe my color is fading. She recommended me doing another semipermanent color. Next time I want it bone straight. I’m over these curls

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I need to put a rinse on my hair. Which brand do y’all recommend? Choices are Jazzing, Adore, Clairol, pretty much anything under $10

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just ordered blue black by Clairol natural instincts (semi permanent color) from Amazon. I’ll do the color when my blowout gets old.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
What are folks using for edge control these days?
Search wasn't as helpful as I needed it to be in telling me :drunk:

I saw Ebin and Sunny Isle JBCO butter mentioned.. is that all?
I heard She is Bomb is good too. Somebody said Ebin is not as good as they used to be. I think they changed the formula those raggedy heffas. I don’t lay my edges cause I be like “lay down please” and they be like “no thank you ma’am”. I gave up.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’m planning on taking my hair down this weekend from the style I never finished. In my defense I moved into a new place, had to get a new phone because my phone told me cellular and internet weren’t going to work unless I updated to iOS 14.4, so I did, and it STILL ended up not working. Thanks Apple with y’all raggedy behinds:rolleyes: I also had to help my mom with some paperwork (I swear this lady never listens)in addition to the kid. Now that I got my life story out the way, I think I got nice growth from a half finished style lol. I’ll try to take a picture later.

imaginary

Contemplating to get some puff cuffs but not sure if they are worth since it'll prob come with scratches...

If it helps, I enjoyed my puff cuffs for loose fits when I used to wear braids. If you want tight ponytails they don't really help with that, but I plan on getting more once my locs are long enough for a ponytail.

GGsKin

I find my Puff Cuffs very useful. I got the multi pack and there is a size for most all lengths of hair. I wear mine so it doesn't show. The plastic is hard and good quality.

I much prefer it over a scrunchie for not breaking my hair.
Do you ever find that your hair gets trapped in the metal joiner/ screw? I have a couple of puff cuffs and I like them but they can be a pain to take down because my hair often gets caught in the metal bit. I tried painting one of them with gel polish but not sure that was a great solution.

frizzy

Do you ever find that your hair gets trapped in the metal joiner/ screw? I have a couple of puff cuffs and I like them but they can be a pain to take down because my hair often gets caught in the metal bit. I tried painting one of them with gel polish but not sure that was a great solution.
It happens rarely to me. When it does I close and open a time or two to release the strand.

I style my hair in a loose hair tie while I smooth and gel and put the cuff on last. This avoids hair getting trapped in the hinge. Once it's closed, you can pull and shape your puff with no problem.

GGsKin

It happens rarely to me. When it does I close and open a time or two to release the strand.

I style my hair in a loose hair tie while I smooth and gel and put the cuff on last. This avoids hair getting trapped in the hinge. Once it's closed, you can pull and shape your puff with no problem.
@frizzy Thanks for the tip.

ckisland

Me: *walks into kitchen*
Mom: How did you get your hair like that?
Me: I just put gel in it like usual
Mom: But how did you get it to curl? Did you do something else?
Me: :look: Nope! I just used a different gel that I don't usually use.

I gave her a basic rundown on how gels work. I've been natural for over 13 years, and my mom still doesn't realize that my curls show more or less depending on the products I use.