Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

faithVA

People persist in being judgy about what other people choose to do with their hair. I just don't get it. People really don't embrace their own business.
I agree. Suddenly they have 2 bits of knowledge and now they are high and mighty and they look down on others who don't share their new found wisdom. Talk about your own hair and what you are doing and let everyone else be.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
What happened?lol
I follow this lady who I think is apart of this group of women who have come up with this way of styling and conditioning your hair sans oils. I’m assuming because I barely pay attention.

well last night I caught the beginning of a video on Instagram and started busting out laughing.
I get where she’s coming from but laddddyy. All of these hair trends and ideas have been around for a long time. They just keep getting regurgitated in different ways.

let folks do them. If they don’t give you credit in their video that’s on them.

@shasha8685

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to shave my head bald.

The feeling keeps coming.
Take from someone who has been Mr Clean bald, be prepared for sensations you’ve never experienced before. And keep some aloe juice in a spray bottle in the fridge for the inevitable itching when your hair grows back. The good thing is that you get to see what your actual scalp looks like.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
LOL The back left side of my hair was super tangled. Even though it was stretched. It was webbed together at the roots. The right back side, just smoothed apart like butter.

I always assume if I bun on wash day and smooth with my finger it will untangle it all. Dah well.

I have to figure out a plan to grow out the front of my hair with a style that doesnt have me looking crazy when I take my hat off at work.

VictoriousBrownFlower

i bought this https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/p/hair-tea-stimulation-blend/ to infuse in avocado hemp seed castor and olive oil.... i'm going to oil my scalp with the oil at least once a wk. and use this https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/p/shampoo-bar-herb-garden/ to shampoo with unless i need a deep clean... if i do need a deep clean ima use tresemme botanique moisturizing shampoo. i need sulfates but i use to love the herb garden shampoo bar from chagrin valley.... it made my hair so soft shiny and managable... i'm hoping to get to waist length in the back and under my boobs in the front by jan 1 2022. my next trim is in aug but the trim from feb really accelerated my growth... its now at the top of my bra in the back and to the middle of my bra in the front.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i bought this https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/p/hair-tea-stimulation-blend/ to infuse in avocado hemp seed castor and olive oil.... i'm going to oil my scalp with the oil at least once a wk. and use this https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/p/shampoo-bar-herb-garden/ to shampoo with unless i need a deep clean... if i do need a deep clean ima use tresemme botanique moisturizing shampoo. i need sulfates but i use to love the herb garden shampoo bar from chagrin valley.... it made my hair so soft shiny and managable... i'm hoping to get to waist length in the back and under my boobs in the front by jan 1 2022. my next trim is in aug but the trim from feb really accelerated my growth... its now at the top of my bra in the back and to the middle of my bra in the front.
Great goal! I’d love waist I’m the back and thick mid boob in the front. I have big ones... Now that I’m getting scheduled trims again I should retain all my growth

imaginary

I know this is just my product junkiness peeking out, but i still want a revair even though I have locs. I cannot imagine ever relying on air-drying alone but I may have to find a way since using my softhood and blowdryer may not be the best long-term.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Great goal! I’d love waist I’m the back and thick mid boob in the front. I have big ones... Now that I’m getting scheduled trims again I should retain all my grow
good luck!!!!! I know u'll get there. I'm doing reg trims now too. I trimmed in feb and already got past where i was b4 the trim... i was one of those that was scared to trim but now i love it... it'll be every 6 months for me from now on... So i'm trimming in aug.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
good luck!!!!! I know u'll get there. I'm doing reg trims now too. I trimmed in feb and already got past where i was b4 the trim... i was one of those that was scared to trim but now i love it... it'll be every 6 months for me from now on... So i'm trimming in aug.
That’s awesome! Are you using any growth aids or taking supplements? I’m on my third bottle of Hairfinity and I use chebe oil mainly on wash days (strong smell) and xcel 21 cream about once a week. I’m sure my hair has grown from my February trim. Fingers crossed