Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Update: I was taking out my butterfly locs tonight and did it again. I was being so careful too but I went to cut out a piece of extension hair that had gotten tangled and my real hair got caught in the cross fire. But at least I didn't cut it to my scalp this time, just to my neck. Progress! :lol:

That's okay. It's gonna be box braids and passion twists until further notice. Clearly I can't be trusted. :nono:
No more butterfly locs for you. You’re acting like me cutting your hair. :lachen: Progress is progress so at least you don’t have that far to grow. Hurray for victories:clap:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
O.L.B. (Oil, cream leave in, butter) does not work with blue magic leave in conditioner on my hair. So far only the TGIN Green Tea works for that particular combo.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
This why I always relax my hair :pullhair: The back of my head is forever itchy. The sweat be killing me (my hair is braided with no additional hair)and my hair is so...whatever it’s doing at the moment lol. I’m gonna try to cut back on my sugar, that’s probably another reason as well.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Guess I have to take my braids down. They’re getting to know their neighbor and tryna get married. I just had to detangle two braids because somehow the got hooked together when I didn’t braid them together.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
My scalp is itching so bad. Any home remedies to treat itchy scalp? I hope I can do it with things I already have under my cabinet
Is your scalp sweaty? @Bette Davis Eyes recommended acv and water, but tea tree or peppermint essential oil work as well, you just need a carrier oil or water.

I forgot to add aloe vera to the list.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
O.L.B. (Oil, cream leave in, butter) does not work with blue magic leave in conditioner on my hair. So far only the TGIN Green Tea works for that particular combo.
I washed my hair the other day and I used ors creamy aloe shampoo, the Shea Moisture Argan Oil and Almond Milk conditioner, and APB Extreme Moisture Mask. To moisturize I used Jojoba oil, TGIN Green Tea and Shea Nilotica. Still not as soft. I think the She is Bomb Shampoo, Shea Moisture Argan Oil and Almond Milk, for washing and the APB Organic Infused Oil, TGIN Green Tea, and Shea Nilotica for moisturizing is the winning combo.

secretdiamond

Revisited HIT: The RevAir - total MVP

I basically texturized my hair (vs relaxing) it last week after a 6.5 month stretch. When I went to blow dry after the relaxer, I reached for my trusty Dyson supersonic. Worked well, but I had to use higher heat, took some time because of all the poofiness, stretching it out while I dried, separating into smaller sections. My hair also felt drier this week, which I just attributed to the relaxer.

After washing yesterday, I remembered my RevAir to help with stretching. The heaviness and loudness of the this thing made me forget how great it is. I dried my entire head in about 15 min, tops? On the low heat setting. My hair was so soft and straight :love:, even the rougher, less processed patches (and with forgetting to use my trusty NTM leave in). My hair was cold to touch, not hot at all. It took just 6 large sections (I was being uber lazy) - 4 in the back and 2 in the front - to be completely done!

After regretting the outcome last week, I absolutely don't mind texturizing now. I may even prefer it -- as long as I use the RevAir!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Is your scalp sweaty? @Bette Davis Eyes recommended acv and water, but tea tree or peppermint essential oil work as well, you just need a carrier oil or water.

I forgot to add aloe vera to the list.
Not sweaty. It’s dry though. Drier than usual. My scalp never itches this bad. I’m hoping it isn’t an allergic reaction to the chemicals in this wig. I’ll know after I shampoo tonight

HealthyHair2020

I will not buy any hair products this weekend.
I will not buy any products this weekend.
I need to finish my stash.