Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I've been delaying my wash day waiting for my Viori shampoo bars to arrive, and they are out for delivery today! :headspin:

I have a video interview tomorrow and my day 1 hair never acts right, so I'm gonna try to hang in there until then.
But then I am going to have myself a nice, long, luxurious shampoo.
My scalp is itchy. :nono:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yesterday’s wash sesh was a success. I prepaid with overone blue conditioner for 20 minutes. Lathered twice with Cream of Nature Argan oil. Detangled and applied the Clairol instincts dc that comes with the color and let that sit for 20 minutes.

When I got out the shower my hair was basically free of tangles. I’ll definitely detangle before applying dc from now on. My blowout turned out ok. Next time I’ll use the Argan oil conditioner. I notice that sometimes it’s the products used, not necessarily the technique that gets the sleekest blowouts.

Mapleoats

I bought a whole bunch of diy ingredients last year thinking I would become some kitchen mixtress. 99% of the stuff I bought are still unopened. Lol. I’m moving soon and starting to pack and the amount of hair stuff I have... I’m gonna have to give away or toss most of it. Doesn’t make sense to move with stuff I almost certainly will not use. Sigh.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I bought a whole bunch of diy ingredients last year thinking I would become some kitchen mixtress. 99% of the stuff I bought are still unopened. Lol. I’m moving soon and starting to pack and the amount of hair stuff I have... I’m gonna have to give away or toss most of it. Doesn’t make sense to move with stuff I almost certainly will not use. Sigh.
if the ingredients aren't expired u can sell them on the exchange forum instead of throwing them out

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
@Chaosbutterfly Whats your favorite bar from them?

Girl I have no idea, this will be my first time trying them. :lol:
I got Hidden Waterfall and Terrace Garden types, and Hidden Waterfall smells better to me, so that will be the one I use tomorrow. :yep:
They're both supposed to be for dry to normal hair and the ingredient lists are identical, so I honestly think they'll be the same.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Girl I have no idea, this will be my first time trying them. :lol:
I got Hidden Waterfall and Terrace Garden types, and Hidden Waterfall smells better to me, so that will be the one I use tomorrow. :yep:
They're both supposed to be for dry to normal hair and the ingredient lists are identical, so I honestly think they'll be the same.
Let me know how you like it. Seems to get good review on the website @Chaosbutterfly

spacetygrss

Going to Ulta is like going to Target.
I went to return some stuff and ended up spending 3 TIMES as much money on new stuff. Make it make sense. SMH.
On a side note, I found out that they sell Curlsmith there, which is my favorite product line right now. So that's a win. :clap:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Here I go thinking about those microlocs again. I haven’t gotten them because: I do like to wear my hair straightened occasionally, I’m constantly changing my hair styles, I’m waiting for my big old puff to grow back, and it’s either time intensive if I do it, or expensive if someone else does it. Sigh. I wish I could take my scalp off and set it on a mannequin head to wear them for about 6 months, and when I’m tired of them I could just take my scalp off the mannequin put my loose hair back on.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Let me know how you like it. Seems to get good review on the website @Chaosbutterfly

Finally got around to washing my hair today! I used the Hidden Waterfall bar and it was so good, I am in love.
Firstly, it bubbled up extremely well and made a silky and luxurious lather. The last shampoo bars that I tried were the Chagrin Valley ones, which were good, but just didn't bubble up enough for me. These ones are definitely much better.
And then they also cleaned really well, while still leaving the hair soft and moisturized. Coming out the shower, my hair looked super clumped up and juicy, but felt very clean, like there was no residue or coating.
The next test will be to see if it can clean my hair after a month in a protective style lol.

But if they pass that test, I'll probably be getting rid of my unopened bottles of TGIN Shampoo and just alternating between the Viori and my Redken clarifying shampoo.

About a year ago, I switched from using bottled body wash to handmade bar soaps (Sandia Soap Company) for my body and it's been such a good decision. My skin is so much softer and more moisturized, and it feels good to cut out the plastic packaging and support small businesses.
So I'm excited to be able to make the switch for my hair too. :yep:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I love the swimming routine I did today, definitely going to stick with this as I continue to swim 2x/week.
-wet hair to reactivate botanical gel to serve as a protective coating, pull back loosely with silk scrunchie
-large silicon swimming cap that doesn’t tug at my edges
-after swimming, shampoo with ultra swim to remove chlorine. This is an amazing swimmer’s shampoo and leaves my hair feeling so good!
-second moisturizing shampoo with design essentials almond avocado
-apply whatever DC I’m using and let it soak in while I drive home (10 minutes), rinse and style.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’m really glad I learned the value of keeping my opinion to myself. Saves a lot of...everything. This outre springy afro twist hair makes the PERFECT faux locs and cheap. I need to find some energy to convert the rest of the twists into locs. I got some 1b/350 for a pop of color. I haven’t tested them out as far as washing them, but I do need to wash my hair in the very near future.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I’m definitely back in my summer growth spurt that I noticed last summer. The shedding is very minimal and every hair that I notice on my hand while styling has a white bulb, indicating there’s not much breakage.

Last year, I was doing mostly protective styling during this time but I’m not doing that this year. Curious to see how much I can retain by August.

Realhairdontcare

I’m finally noticing my hair is getting longer. It seemed like it was stuck for a min but I think I was just getting impatient and I’m going to start tracking my progress with length check pics again like I used to. Hopefully I’m getting my hair done in the next few weeks. I’m leaning towards knotless braids again. I tried to upload a pic back in April but this website wouldn’t let me.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My bf is snoring so loud. Send help! I washed my hair earlier with Cream of Nature Argan oil shampoo and did a dc with Suave Keratin Infusions. Then I proceeded to redo my Felicia braids…

The wig I just purchased from Amazon was the second fail of the week. So at this point I’m going to the Dominican lady for a blowout. Sorry so random

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’m finally noticing my hair is getting longer. It seemed like it was stuck for a min but I think I was just getting impatient and I’m going to start tracking my progress with length check pics again like I used to. Hopefully I’m getting my hair done in the next few weeks. I’m leaning towards knotless braids again. I tried to upload a pic back in April but this website wouldn’t let me.
(I thought I posted this lmao) Try again now. You might have to resize your pictures a couple of times.

ClassyJSP

Finally did my corrective relaxer last night and this one took much better than the relaxer I put in back in April. I made a few errors this time but I'm almost positive I won't suffer a set back just because I corrected everything.

I didn't grease my scalp. I was talking to an co worker and she mentioned how she never does this. So last night I'm thinking hmmm this is a step I could skip. WRONG! Some spots on my scalp was burning. I will never skip this again.

The box relaxers don't give you enough product if your hair is longer than APL. I definitely had a spot on my hair that still had relaxer on it AFTER I got out the shower and applied my deep conditioner. I need to RINSE, RINSE, RINSE to make sure all of the relaxer is out.

Even after I rinsed the deep conditioner out and started to blow dry there was still product on my scalp. By this point I was starting to get frustrated. I got back in the shower and rinsed again. I decided on a two strand twist to let my hair air dry.

This morning I got up and my hair was a little damp and in the same spot as I mentioned earlier there was product! :mad: I threw my hair in a ponytail and off to target I went. I grab my old faithfuls Tresemme moist shampoo and conditioner and Aussie 3 minute. Came home shampooed really good let that sit while I washed up and then did the same with the conditioner. I T-shirt dried my hair and then applied Aussie 3 minute HEAVILY put a plastic baggy on and my hot head for 15 minutes.

My hair finally felt like heaven. I air dried and sprayed S Curl moisture and sealed my ends. I'm going to get a trim sometime this week and baby my hair for a bit. I need to get back on my hair game, there's no point in growing my hair long and not properly taking care of it.

This is the first time I every self relaxed my hair and the relaxer just wouldn't wash out in one spot. I'm sorry for the rant ladies I was just super frustrated.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’m tired of looking at my hair, but I don’t want to take it down, and I don’t want anyone else to do it. Maybe I should go to sleep, I had a long fornicating day. :dizzy::darkcloud:I really don’t like people sometimes. It would be nice, if I could tuck myself away sometimes and come out when I feel like being sociable. I redid like 3 twists before I got tired and just sprayed my entire head with water and sealed with Shea Nilotica, then threw my bonnet on:lachen: