Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I love my hair! This is my first time getting a professional Brazilian blowout. I’ll keep y’all posted. My scalp is a little sore. Fumes were horrible… my hair feels heavy. The keratin will need to be washed out in 2 weeks.

I got a trim as well. Today is a lengthening day. I’m sure I’ll take a pic or 2 in the next couple days. I’ll update this post.689A5B2A-AF18-4D1A-888A-BB9FBC8BF726.jpegLast pic was a before pic. Seems like she trimmed a lot, but I love clean ends70DBA26D-44C3-4B85-B622-9AF5E19296E4.jpeg877E0480-AE60-4DAA-9BA0-E5C062079F5C.jpeg

Last edited:

KenyafromCT

View attachment 474227She took me from mbl to around apl… ends are blunt though and thick! I’m definitely babying these ends. I’ll get those 3-4 inches back by October. Hairfinity is the truth and I have enough for the rest of the year. Boyfriend loves it too
Wow. Beautiful hair girlie!! I’ve seen Hairfinity advertised but never gave it much thought.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’m manifesting these inches y’all. I believe it so it’s happening. Rapid, healthy hair growth. Last time it was back in a couple months by me just doing the bare minimum. Being lazy.
Now Im focused. I’m oiling ends, massaging my scalp, drinking water and taking vitamins. Let’s see how we end the year. I’m looking forward to y’all’s progress pics!

KenyafromCT

I’m manifesting these inches y’all. I believe it so it’s happening. Rapid, healthy hair growth. Last time it was back in a couple months by me just doing the bare minimum. Being lazy.
Now Im focused. I’m oiling ends, massaging my scalp, drinking water and taking vitamins. Let’s see how we end the year. I’m looking forward to y’all’s progress pics!
I’m doing all of the above with the exception of oiling my ends. I am applying leave in. I need to know how often you are oiling. And May I ask why only ends oiling? Why not whole head?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’m doing all of the above with the exception of oiling my ends. I am applying leave in. I need to know how often you are oiling. And May I ask why only ends oiling? Why not whole head?
My hair is already heavy and coated with keratin, so I’ll just oil the ends until I wash again. Usually I oil the whole strand. I’m really light handed too

KenyafromCT

My hair is already heavy and coated with keratin, so I’ll just oil the ends until I wash again. Usually I oil the whole strand. I’m really light handed too
Ohhh ok. So you weren’t natural before the keratin. Gotcha. I thought you were natural before the hair treatment.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Y’all Hairgrowthco is releasing all kinds of new products. All are $10 each. I’m interested in the rice water leave in/rinse out and the rice water deep conditioner. I use their chebe oil every other day

KenyafromCT

I oil daily, but I wash weekly or bi weekly. Oiling really seems to keep my dry strands from breaking off. I’ll keep this up definitely
And I oiled yesterday. I allowed it to sit for 6 hours. Didn’t plan on that length of time. But I got lazy. It dripped in some areas. I think I did too much. Lolol. Maybe I’ll try daily for this week. But not use as much? I need to figure out how to apply without it getting all over the place. Is any oil fine to use? I used a diy oil that I made with herbs last month. And a mix of about 4 oils.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
And I oiled yesterday. I allowed it to sit for 6 hours. Didn’t plan on that length of time. But I got lazy. It dripped in some areas. I think I did too much. Lolol. Maybe I’ll try daily for this week. But not use as much? I need to figure out how to apply without it getting all over the place. Is any oil fine to use? I used a diy oil that I made with herbs last month. And a mix of about 4 oils.
I made a mix yesterday with coconut, castor and avocado. I call it the powerhouse blend. This oil can be used on your scalp or strands. They all have growth properties and all but castor can be absorbed for strength, softness, manageability

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am convinced that my hair is overjoyed that I’ve stopped deep conditioning on a regular basis. It feels so strong and supple. It is possible that my deep conditioning practices were reducing my hair’s tensile strength.

If I ever go back to it, it will be 1) strictly on an as-needed basis and 2) I will follow the recommended timeframe on the bottle. I was doing wayyyy too much with DC’ing weekly for like 20-40 minutes.

colorful_coils

I've been off the forum for a while now, since I've been down in the dumps about my hair. I posted in the Wash and Go thread about a month ago about how my stylist cut my hair so short that I went from near armpit length to shoulder length.

That has accidentally become a blessing in disguise. I decided to go all-out with my hair growth and health, and my hair has been flourishing. I now:
  • use medicated shampoo/cowash at least once a week
  • wash and style twice a week
  • use some protein and Olaplex No. 3 every week, and
  • apply an ayurvedic prepoo before every wash.
Y'all. I now have very little shedding and breakage, better curl definition, and moisture for days. In one month, my hair already looks longer and thicker. We'll see if this routine works long-term.

Last edited:

KenyafromCT

I made a mix yesterday with coconut, castor and avocado. I call it the powerhouse blend. This oil can be used on your scalp or strands. They all have growth properties and all but castor can be absorbed for strength, softness, manageability
I was in my local
I've been off the forum for a while now, since I've been down in the dumps about my hair. I posted in the Wash and Go thread about a month ago about how my stylist cut my hair so short that I went from near armpit length to shoulder length.

That has accidentally become a blessing in disguise. I decided to go all-out with my hair growth and health, and my hair has been flourishing. I now:
  • use medicated shampoo/cowash at least once a week
  • wash and style twice a week
  • use some protein and Olaplex No. 3 every week, and
  • apply an ayurvedic prepoo before every wash.
Y'all. I now have very little shedding and breakage, better curl definition, and moisture for days. In one month, my hair already looks longer and thicker. We'll see if this routine works long-term.
turning lemons into lemonade. :yahoo::yay:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today I read the faqs on my chebe oil and it said you can dilute it if the scent bothers you. So I did. I mixed equal parts of chebe oil with my growth blend of coconut, avocado and castor oil. It still smells, but it’s bearable now. No more washing my pillow case daily