Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

GettingKinky

Does olaplex work well for you even though you dont really use heat or color @GettingKinky and @toaster ? I just remembered I have olaplex 1 and 2 just sitting there. I forgot why I bought it lol maybe I should use it to baby back some heat damaged ends
I only use step 3. The ends of my hair are pretty damaged from prior bad hair practices and I think it makes the cuticle a bit smoother.

Last edited:

DVAntDany

1. All this speak of BKT and Botox is making me curious. I've seen some video where people are putting the botox in, let it process for 30 to 40 mins, rinse out a portion and style a wng like normal. No flat irons, curling irons/wands nor round brush + blow dryer. If this is the future of hair Botox, I might want in. I like the silken effect and frizz reduction of keratin treatments. Something temporary that lasts a month or two would be great.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
1. All this speak of BKT and Botox is making me curious. I've seen some video where people are putting the botox in, let it process for 30 to 40 mins, rinse out a portion and style a wng like normal. No flat irons, curling irons/wands nor round brush + blow dryer. If this is the future of hair Botox, I might want in. I like the silken effect and frizz reduction of keratin treatments. Something temporary that lasts a month or two would be great.
Can you post a link to this video? If I could get the frizz free effect and silkening effect I would be golden!

It reminds me of a product that was called Sponge free effect hair crystallization from Maxliss.

Last edited:

DVAntDany

Can you post a link to this video? If I could get the frizz free effect and silkening effect I would be golden!

It reminds me of a product that was called Sponge free effect hair crystallization from Maxliss.
Well, I just spent my break calling the companies I saw videos on. I was curious about the process since influencers are just applying the stuff like a mask and not doing the additional steps.

Im waiting for a few others to call me back. First, Nutree says it’s best to do the whole blow dry and flat iron. They say it can be used like a mask but the effects don’t last as long. Also, they do not recommend using it more than once every 3 months. This company wants you to pay for the directions in a video course. I’ve seen other videos using their keratin treatment and talk about loosening yet preserving the curls.

The next one is Prismax USA
I was able to find both set of directions. The professional one still says to use blow dryer and flat iron. The consumer one says they recommend using it. I watched a video where the consumer didn’t use it.

professional instructions
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...Nutritivo_Technical_Guide_-_English.pdf?15364

consumer instructions
https://www.prismaxusa.com/pages/instructions

YouTube video

Seems like it’s the same ol’ same ol. They are now giving that easy mask like option but it won’t give professional or decent lasting results.

I’m going to search around some more and see what I can find. I keep seeing people talk about Avalon Texture Release but it looks like it’s no different from a traditional keratin treatment either. They are just now marketing that it doesn’t completely kill your curl pattern but no keratin treatment ever did.

DVAntDany

@Napp Back in the day when I use to use BKT, I read on professional hair boards that many stylists used Japanese thermal straightening care products to manage BKT hair. I used Milbon products especially the Nigelle ER shampoo and treatment. They literally kept my new growth feeling just as smooth as the BKT and we’re super lightweight.

What care products were you using to maintain your Botox hair?

DVAntDany

@Napp Also I just remembered one of the products that use to keep a lot of my texture. It barely made my curls bigger but it greatly reduced the frizz. It was Marcia Teixeira Soft Treatment.

BAB206F9-78DC-401F-ADE3-5CE05F0E981E.jpeg
Back then, they didn’t have the soft chocolate. The regular soft wasn’t strong enough to give me full on BKT curls. http://braziliankeratin.com/marcia-...t/uploads/2015/01/mt-brochure-v13-LOW-RES.pdf

I’m still trying to figure out the difference between a BKT and hair Botox. What makes them different?

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp Back in the day when I use to use BKT, I read on professional hair boards that many stylists used Japanese thermal straightening care products to manage BKT hair. I used Milbon products especially the Nigelle ER shampoo and treatment. They literally kept my new growth feeling just as smooth as the BKT and we’re super lightweight.

What care products were you using to maintain your Botox hair?
I was using the same products I normally use except I would use a sulfate free shampoo. There was no rhyme or reason to my regimen back then. I tried alot of new stuff but nothing in particular consistently anyways.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp Also I just remembered one of the products that use to keep a lot of my texture. It barely made my curls bigger but it greatly reduced the frizz. It was Marcia Teixeira Soft Treatment.

View attachment 475829
Back then, they didn’t have the soft chocolate. The regular soft wasn’t strong enough to give me full on BKT curls. http://braziliankeratin.com/marcia-...t/uploads/2015/01/mt-brochure-v13-LOW-RES.pdf

I’m still trying to figure out the difference between a BKT and hair Botox. What makes them different?
This was an oldie but a goodie! It was pretty popular at one point.

LostInAdream

View attachment 475829

I used to use the soft chocolate at first. It’s crazy that I completely forgot about it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
My scalp and the hair nearest feels so silky. I love when my hair settled down and loosens up with a protective style. Debating on crochet braids or kinky twists next.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I took out my twists because they were oily, fuzzy and tangled. It was only a week and they were tangled really badly. Then I washed and deep conditioner my hair. I tried to do a wash n go but it was late and I knew it wouldn't dry in time before I went to bed. (I refuse to sleep with wet hair) so then I washed my hair again and then blew it out with my new dyson comb attachment. My hair looks scary. I have suffered alot of damage from neglecting my hair over the last few months. I have extreme breakage.

So I lightly flattened my hair and gave myself a cut back to shoulder length. (I had some parts at APL). I think I'm going to cut some more off. I didn't know what to do with my hair. I tried braiding it for my wig but I had no energy to put them in. I settled in putting my hair back into a braid and putting on my wig cap. My hair sucks. I hate my hair. i am going to go to the salon again and get a silk press and full trim. I just need to start all over. I'm going to stay away from braids for a while. They seem to eat my ends up.

Also I noticed my ends are a different texture than my roots. Its seems like that botox I did last year did not completely revert. So now I'm pretty much transitioning which is probably why I have so much breakage. I didnt retain my length this year. It looked great at first but it really broke off once I started wearing crochet braids back to back. I'm just sick and tired of my hair.:cry3:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp
I’m sorry you aren’t happy with your hair. Do you think the breakage is from friction?

How did you like the comb attachment for the dyson? I have t straightened my hair in close to 4 years, but I’m tempted to do a blowout.
I think it was the crochet braids I did. The last set left me with bald patches and alot of breakage. I didnt take care of my hair the way I should and it fell or broke off.

I didnt like the results I got from my dyson and comb attachment. It was too poofy. I prefer straightening my hair with my babyliss nano titanium dryer and a Denman or paddle brush. The dyson dried my hair very quickly though.